Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

39 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

we did not switch.

It looked to me like we did. 

Castagne dropped into a left-back position and Amartey looked like he spent most of his time at RB. Fofana and Caglar were closer together in central defence.

To me, it looked like we switched from a 352 to a 442 for the 2nd half.

I’ve seen that VAR incident involving Vardy several times and I cannot see any touch in the ball by Dunk. Surely that should have been overturned. Doesn’t matter now but at the time it could have been vital!

• Like 1

Last season we might have got 0 points from the last two games

This season we've got 4

And there's plenty of other examples throughout the season similar too.

That's the difference, we've learned how to comeback and grind out results and also to NOT BE ASHAMED OF A DRAW!

Great stuff. 3 points against the blades and we're flying.

Like BR said, probably our first training session in a week on Monday lol 

• Like 2

Just now, Analysethis said:

It looked to me like we did. 

Castagne dropped into a left-back position and Amartey looked like he spent most of his time at RB. Fofana and Caglar were closer together in central defence.

To me, it looked like we switched from a 352 to a 442 for the 2nd half.

I thought we pretty much stayed the same but pushed Ricardo and Castagne a lot more forward.

Just now, Elvis hammond said:

Champions league football will keep are whole team together I think plus a few extra additions 

I hope so. I think I am more nervous about failing to get CL football than I was about winning the league. It seems so important for our future. Now instead of just watching Spurs' results, and shitting myself, I'm watching about 7 teams below us. This result was pretty big. I think we may have a bit of momentum now.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This wreaked of big 6 prejudice. They didn't even show the angle which showed he clipped Vardy and kept showing the crappy angle which showed nothing. Even the commentators completely downplayed it. Frustrating but we got the justice in the end 

To be fair to Alan Smith, he did say that if the ref had given the penalty, VAR probably wouldn’t have changed the decision. It’s all down to the ‘clear and obvious error’ ruling.

Yes, probably a penalty, but if it had been Fofana on Welbeck, we wouldn’t be complaining at it being disallowed.

18 minutes ago, Mythyaar said:

Tonight we redefined how to "win ugly".

Amartey was instrumental in creating his own goal. He received the ball in his own half, turned, faced up and played Vardy in, that led to the first corner. Far too often he will do the opposite, turn back and play the negative backwards pass. 

Maybe it's a confidence thing but I' like to see him play with that positive outlook a lot more than he usually does. Tonight it resulted in us winning the game!

To be fair to Dan he was showing real promise before he got his bad injury.

The longer he stays fit and plays the better he will get. He's as good as we're likely to get as a squad player. And he can play and cover several positions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

When Vardy is fit (and he shouldn't even be back yet at all) we will be some proposition.

That dummy and movement before the penalty incident was reassuring.

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

That dummy and movement before the penalty incident was reassuring.

I'm quite pleased with the 'Vardy is done' rhetoric from the great wide footballing world.

Because I'll bet you he isn't and next season he comes back firing (unsure on this, unless he gets a proper rest)

Lot of praise for Amartey’s goal, but I think Albrighton’s corner was superb. Fast, big curve and in just the right place to tempt their keeper. Best we’ve seen all season.

I hope Rodgers makes Maddison look at it repeatedly while he’s recuperating!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Will1981 said:

we did not switch.

I think we noticeably did about 5 minutes into the second half. More a back 4 which was picked up by the commentary team just before our goal and referred to afterwards by Jamie Redknapp. Armarty played quite noticeably as a right back and even got forward on occasions. Ricardo as someone said played further forward and mainly stayed there. It's has to be said that the latter didn't look too comfortable in the role.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1