Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Tielemans is just unbelievable, I don't think he's even been allowed to sleep in the last 12 months or so and he just oozes absolute class even though he must be absolutely fvcked 

just been wheeled back into the cryochamber for the week 

I am sure we all can agree that our performance was not the best but I thought Timmy and Vardy both played quite well and hopefully are playing themselves into form.  Vardy was winning more balls than Ndidi for a while!   Ndidi looked lot better in last 20 minutes or so so hopefully that is a confidence booster for him as well.    Fofana looked really good after his injury which was really good to see given the sluggish comebacks by others who have been injured. 

Getting rather concerned about Ricardo now- several games under his belt but I cannot see anything so far.   

Nervelethless a win is a win!   I can sleep happy tonight!

Nothing feels as good as a late winner. Especially when it means as much to us as that victory did.

Glad to hear Brendan tell it as it was. First half unacceptable. Second half excellent.

Vardy a lot better today. Shame he didn’t score but Sheffield United fans will surely be starting an ‘ever-obliging’ thread on their forum as we speak...

• Thanks 1

That is the best result we have had since we won the PL! Fantastic result.

I just want to say, I don’t want to ever see 5 at the back ever again!! It’s embarrassingly bad and as soon as Ricardo pushed up and left 4 we looked better.

It really is relentless how bad we are with 5 atb so please Brendan learn your lesson.

Another moan but it really baffles me and angered me.

Why the **** is that not given as a penalty? It as stonewall as you will ever get and it just really makes me suspicious that they don’t want us in the top 4. I’ve never been one to believe we get cheated, but is there any reasonable excuse to not give that!? It just seems like fraud. Absolutely disgusting so 2 fingers up to those c*nts when we got what we deserve.

Now the positives:

Nacho is proving his worth, great performance today.

Tielemens..my god. That’s all.

Fighting spirit brilliant we never gave up.

Beat Sheffield Utd at home now and I think we are in great shape for top 4! What a win!  Buzzing!

If, if we hadn't have scored the winner, I would be fuming with that VAR call on Vardy. Without any bias at all, all I saw from the 10 replays from different angles is Vardy touching the ball away from the defender and him tripping Vardy, can't believe it wasn't given. 

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

It's just incredible reading some of the tosh. 1 nil down and we are the worst team ever, Rodgers getting dogs abuse despite working wonders since coming here. He's linked with every top job around and God help us if he ever read this forum. 

Mad right, third in the league (now second), played some sublime football this season, been praised for his work with a young squad, managed a rolling injury list all season... people saying we should sack him lol.  

Just now, Finn Claw II said:

Don’t quite get this robbed a win talk.  We were poor in the first half but miles better than Brighton in the second half. 

In the second half it was us giving the ball away that led to Brighton’s chances.

We could have had a peno, Vardy could have scored, Nacho moves a yard he has another.

Not great but let’s not pretend Brighton were any good

Lallana should have buried a chance second half then Kasper saved.. They hit the post once or twice. Burn/Dunk should have buried a header at the end.

They had lots of chances and should have scored lot more. But we came away with the 3 points and that's all that matters.

Very telling comments by Youri

Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans speaking to Sky Sports: "The first half was not good enough at all. It was not diffcult to do better in the second half. It wasn't good.

"We had a good reaction and now we have to recover for next week and we have to start better.

"We were a bit loose out of possession and they got onto us very quickly. We didn’t react positively in duels and were not quick enough with the ball. It was a bit of everything.

"Credit to him [Kelechi Iheanacho] for the finish and we score in the end from a set-piece. We are very happy with a win. We need to try and make up for the guys who are not there and tonight we did it in the second half.

"It feels like a very big result. You could see they played good football, scored early in the game so it was up to us to react to that."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Make no mistake that  was a massive win . We’ve had a run of injuries and poor results we had a  bench that was full of the youth team and we had a young lad make his Premiership start . We went 1-0 down and looked dead-and buried we were terrible first half . Second half the lads dug in and kept going and got better and better . Was it pretty no but I’d like to see another team with so many first team  injuries with such a hectic schedule do what we’re doing . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

So our record for our last 5 league games reads W3 D1 L1 with the loss coming to arsenal. Is that really a dip in form?

Well you could say last 5, or last 4 as W1 D1 L2 (including Europa) - its all in the semantics