Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Just now, Captain... said:

I would have said pen, but if we are going for did the ref make a howler? Then no. If he'd given it VAR wouldn't have overruled but if one angle backs the ref you back the ref. The only annoying thing is that this was not applied all season, but in the end it didn't hurt us.

I was about to smash up the house when the peno wasn’t given but Amartey scored pretty soon after and I still smashed up the house but out of excitement instead so all good 

• Haha 2

Felt like we got angry after that first half performance! Tielemans especially, just seemed pissed off and it absolutely worked in our favour 2nd half. Great spirit and we finally started playing some nice football again in patches. 

Dear Amartey, I said you could chuck my criticism in my face with this game tonight... well enjoy! :teehee:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

I would have said pen, but if we are going for did the ref make a howler? Then no. If he'd given it VAR wouldn't have overruled but if one angle backs the ref you back the ref. The only annoying thing is that this was not applied all season, but in the end it didn't hurt us.

Heskey and Townsend both say the Brighton player used his arm on Vardy's leg

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

The less said about that the better.

On paper it will show we won and leave it as that.

I just hope it’s not looked at like that, I hope it doesn’t paper of cracks....crevasses!

I saw no effort or endeavour, the minimum requirement.

Luckily we managed to turn it round, move on, move forward, improvements needed!

you saw no effort or endeavour but we managed to turn it around?

How did we do that then without any effort or endeavour?

• Like 2

Just now, casablancas said:

How are people complaining that we are paper overing the cracks? Ffs we are second in the EPL and beat a team whilst not being anywhere near our best, isn’t that wht fergies Utd were praised for? We have an injury list as long as Cags’ slong and have been playing 3 games a week. No endeavour? Seriously? We can’t play purring football every week. Not with a broken JV and 9 injuries. I mean is second not good enough? We are Leicester City and we are going two to two with the best teams in England and giving it a go. Some of you need to get have never got laid. 

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

That should shut all the whiny cvnts up til the match thread. 

You think? It's largely the same few. They reappear and regroup every time we are playing shit - which quite frankly most of the time now. 

I really wonder how they would have endured life under Hamilton or Pleat.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Rodgers should have bought loads of players in Jan, Rodgers is a clown Rodgers has made us a laughing stock, Rodgers can't motivate the team, blah blah blah. This forum is full of absolute morons

And to think I have to share a ground with them.

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

and I'm so happy we won tonight for so many reasons. 

It certainly gets rid for a brief period of time. It's clear we a struggling for a multitude of reasons right now. They'll be back next match thread...unless we manage to score. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Yeah we weren’t our best, but did Kasper make a save?

Kel man of the match for me, he appears to get better with each game when he gets a run in the team.

Some embarrassing overreacting in the match day thread as usual.

53 points on the board 2nd in the league, behind only a great Man City side with 10 games to go.

Brighton had a goal (so Kasper missed it). Lallana had another one that hit the post. Kasper also saved another I think. There was also that disallowed goal. We were lucky not to be down 2-0 at HT otherwise it would have been over. We played better second half but not positive enough. We only had 8 shots on goal the whole match. Lucky to win in the end but very glad to take it.

• Like 1

We were moaning about three at the back not working. Let's face it it's not the formation it's about how the players commit and then play their games. A vital win, and I'm relieved. Let's not screw it up at home next week.