Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brighton 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I said before the game that this game was huge and a defeat would have been calamity. A win is huge. Psychologically being 2nd with a bit of a gap to 4th and also to mitigate the last 2 defeats 

We drew against Burnley, right? Am I missing something? We lost to Arsenal and then beat Villa before that.  

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Yeah we weren’t our best, but did Kasper make a save?

Kel man of the match for me, he appears to get better with each game when he gets a run in the team.

Some embarrassing overreacting in the match day thread as usual.

53 points on the board 2nd in the league, behind only a great Man City side with 10 games to go.

Yes, an excellent one from Lallana when it was 1-1 

• Like 3

Much needed confidence boost happy for amarty scoring as well. Wasn’t to bad second half thought when welbeck came on he would  score a last min winner or something 🙈🙈. Maybe a few teams can help us out with a few draws over the next few days and then push on again with a win next week. A week to rest for Vardy he will be up for the games against  sheff Utd again and hopefully gets back on the score sheet 

Just now, Hoopla10 said:

We drew against Burnley, right? Am I missing something? We lost to Arsenal and then beat Villa before that.  

I was thinking more about Europa but yeah Burnley was a draw but was loss like against that shitshow

Astounding win, against the background of our injuries and fatigue. The equaliser was a combination of superb parts: Vardy's movement to give Youri's pass the space to find Iheanacho, followed by the cool finish. The winner was a triumph of our desire being greater, their jaded defence failing to deal with a fairly routine corner, and a beautiful header by Amartey. Such an important result. Hopefully Man U will lose heavily tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

Yes, an excellent one from Lallana when it was 1-1 

Thanks, so they had 2 shots on target we had maybe 4 or 5 without looking at the stats.

After the first half hour, I thought we were the better side, without being close to our best.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hesky and Townsend both saying it's a Penalty for Vardy on the Panel

I would have said pen, but if we are going for did the ref make a howler? Then no. If he'd given it VAR wouldn't have overruled but if one angle backs the ref you back the ref. The only annoying thing is that this was not applied all season, but in the end it didn't hurt us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, reynard said:

We won. Possibly the biggest result of the season to date. Look at the players we had available and those on the bench. Right now it is all about points. Doesn't matter how you get them.

Credit to the lads tonight. They are out on their feet right now. Really good to have a week off now and hopefully some positive news on the injury front.

Couldn't have put it better! On the ball! 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Feels like a shithouse win but we out xG'd the xG darlings.

Honestly, I reckon that second half was comfortably in our favour to the point it wasn't that big a shithouse win. Brighton really are the masters of dropping points though, absolutely spineless side, they should'e had that finished by half time.

• Like 2