Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

Reckon he'll stick with 3 at the back. With the lack of attacking players to start, it can be allowed I guess. It has it's benefits if we have the quicker tempo of play like the 2nd half last night.

One thing I've noticed in recent games is teams picking up on what Leeds did to us - high and energetic press further up the field. Once we beat that, we're laughing. If we don't, it's like waiting for the inevitable to happen. We have the capability to do it and fresher players means hopefully we are better prepared and better equipped to overcome it. I wonder if Sheff Utd will try the same thing - it's not their usual style? 

Kasper

Fofana - Evans - Soyuncu

Ricardo                                              Castagne

Ndidi - Tielemans

Perez*

Iheanacho - Vardy

If we're going 4 at the back, and it is a viable option I think with some of the options we now have with players potentially coming back...

Kasper

Castagne - Fofana - Evans** - Thomas

Ricardo - Ndidi - Tielemans - Albrighton

Iheanacho - Vardy

In any case, even just getting one attacking player back (Perez), it's good to have the options to choose from as opposed to finding players and asking them to do a job they're not really used to.

*If Perez is out, I'd happily start Tavares. Wouldn't even be averse to starting Tavares actually and having Perez as the option from the bench to get him match-fit again.

**if Evans is still out, Soyuncu to play.

• Like 3

I hate five at the back (let's just call it what it is) generally, but especially against a bottom-feeder like Sheffield.  But the only way I think Rodgers ditches is it is if Praet is fit to start on the right, and it's almost a lock he won't be after missing two and a half months.

Just now, goody2028 said:

It’ll be a nice change to not play 3 games in 6 days again. Get rested and get 3 points. 

Was just saying that. Even last night we had to play a side who hadn’t played in the week and I did think it showed early in the game with the energy Brighton started the match with. 

7 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

It’ll be a nice change to not play 3 games in 6 days again. Get rested and get 3 points. 

Absolutely. I just wrote in the injuries thread that it will be like injuries heal twice as fast. A week out now means missing one game instead of two. Helps massively getting everyone the rest they need, as well.

Even Barnes, who is out for 6 weeks, could miss just 3 more league matches, with one of those being a free hit vs Man City, and another being Sheff Utd, who we should be aiming to beat without him.

I think he'll go with a back 3 again, especially if Evans is back and considering the lack of options for wide players to play 4 1 4 1. A full week between games will also give the coaches and players to work on the system in training, as playing midweek fixtures would limit time to work on this between games - Rodgers alluded to this in the post match press conf. 

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Where have you heard this? 

Leicester Mercury

Maddison's potential return is Sheffield United.

Even Harvey Barnes could be back in April according to the forecasts. Of course, these are best case scenario.

The source of the quotes in the article are Brendan Rogers :D

• Like 1

Just now, Area88 said:

Leicester Mercury

Maddison's potential return is Sheffield United.

Even Harvey Barnes could be back in April according to the forecasts. Of course, these are best case scenario.

The source of the quotes in the article are Brendan Rogers :D

Nice. Barnes was always going to be April. 

1 hour ago, Costa Blanca Fox said:

Need to start 442

Ricky and Tim fullbacks and Mark on the right wing, I don't think he's so good on the left. We seem to struggle with no width.

Didn’t we win the league with Albrighton on the left

• Like 3