Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

18 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Why is everybody so desperate to get Perez back in the team when he was written off before his injury 

The only formation where he is remotely a danger is 3-4-1-2 with him behind Vardy and Iheanacho. Also, we are literally desperate.

• Like 1

I would quite like to see Tavares again but Sheff Utd"s physicality may be too much for him.  But it might be a bit much for Perez.

Anybody know which injured players are near to returning other than Perez?

Schmeichel

Castagne (RB)

Fofana

Soyuncu

Thomas/Fuchs(LB)

Ricardo(RW)

Ndidi

Tielemans

Albroghton(LW)

Nachoman

Vardy

hopefully some returns to the bench

Ward

Evans Amartey Fuchs/Thomas

Mendy Choudhury 
Praet Tavares

Perez

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 4

I agree completely with the shouts for 442 but I can't see Brendan dropping Big Dan after his winner yesterday. I think he'll start with the same formation. If Perez is fit then I think he'll come in for Tavares and play that role. 3-4-1-2 again.

Bring Thomas and Albrighton back in and play 4411 for me;

Kasper

Castagne, Soy, Fofana, Thomas

Ricardo, Ndidi, Tielemans, Albrighton 

Nacho

Vardy

Some may say harsh on Amartey, but aside from the goal I thought he was fairly poor, and isn’t well suited to playing full back in a 4. 

Serious question but why does everyone keep putting Ricardo at right wing? His best position is full back by a mile. I've seen nothing to suggest he's more than less than average at right wing. In fact, to me, he looks a shadow of the player he was last season. Still finding his way back after a very bad injury.

I know we're short on options but really not sure we're gaining much by playing him further up the pitch especially if it means playing 3 CBs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, reynard said:

Serious question but why does everyone keep putting Ricardo at right wing? His best position is full back by a mile. I've seen nothing to suggest he's more than less than average at right wing. In fact, to me, he looks a shadow of the player he was last season. Still finding his way back after a very bad injury.

I know we're short on options but really not sure we're gaining much by playing him further up the pitch especially if it means playing 3 CBs.

It could be that with all the other injuries in the team, this is considered the most effective way to play him back into fitness. 

Edited by HighPeakFox

1 minute ago, reynard said:

I agree he has been poor on the wing and in general since his recovery. We have no other options - it is only him, Albrighton and Castagne who have played wide midfield/wing in the past. Castagne has played midfield roles  before, so he might be worth a try. 

I think we look so much better as a unit with a back 4 that it is worth playing Ricardo/Castagne OOP at RW. Back 3 is better for Ricardo (who is poor regardless at the moment), but worse for the team overall. 

It comes down to a sub-par Ricardo at RWB in a 352, or a sub-par Ricardo at RW in a 442/4411 - unless Perez is back, then we can play Ricardo, Castagne in a back 4 and Marc/Perez on the wings. 

1 minute ago, Simmo86 said:

Man Utd v West Ham and Arsenal v Spurs next weekend, so a chance to put some more distance between us and some chasers 

It’s just so tee’d up for a classic Leicester moment isn’t it. 

Playing bottom of the league, devoid of confidence, those around us playing each other...

Depending on injuries probably the same team as the Brighton game. No point dropping Tavares to bring another defensively minded midfielder (which tbf I think brendan thinks the same) but if someone like Perez or under is back then they should start.

Shame Praet likely wouldn't be fit to go for a full match here, because he's a good fit against these guys.  We'll have plenty of possession and he's not going to be bullied physically.

Two up top to confuse a back three is always the way to go. But he won't play 4 at the back and 2 up front with two attacking full-backs like Castagne and Ricardo, so 3 at the back it is for now. 

Schmeichel

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Perez

Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Daley-Campbell, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Tavares, Albrighton

That is one hell of a team and probably only missing Maddison and Barnes of our best starting XI, and in their place you've got an in-form Iheanacho and a good player at no.10 in Perez.

22 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Two up top to confuse a back three is always the way to go. But he won't play 4 at the back and 2 up front with two attacking full-backs like Castagne and Ricardo, so 3 at the back it is for now. 

Schmeichel

Fofana Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Perez

Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Daley-Campbell, Amartey, Fuchs, Thomas, Mendy, Choudhury, Tavares, Albrighton

That is one hell of a team and probably only missing Maddison and Barnes of our best starting XI, and in their place you've got an in-form Iheanacho and a good player at no.10 in Perez.

Perez is not a good player. Would rather Albrighton played there.

13 hours ago, Webbo said:

If Preat's fit then I'd start him but I'd keep Maddison on the bench and hope he's not needed. We don't want to aggravate his hip, save him for the cup. 

Praet will not start after over two months out.