Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Sheffield United Home Sunday 14th March 2.00pm Sky Sports

On 06/03/2021 at 22:38, deanolegend1989 said:

Vardy is a strange one atm. He slashed at one late on and generally looks a shadow of his ruthless self. However today, especially first half, I thought he was very good but he’s dropping a bit deep and not getting into any good positions to score.

His link play and movement is top draw though, he’s such a clever player and he won us the game with a great run and the clearest penalty you will ever see.

That finish at the end was so bad. 

I think you're right though, he's more in the team at the moment for his movement off the ball & footballing intelligence, rather than to score every game. 

I still think he needs a rest. I wouldn't mind him sitting this out, to have him 100% for United.

• Like 1

Im not quite getting the mothers day issue guys,The match is 2 hours and no chance you will be taking mum out for lunch this year . If its the wife then get the kids organised and if you are fortunate enough to have mum then you really shouldnt be visiting so get in the phone and send her a little gift.

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Is she a mother?  Tell her to do something with the kids and leave you to the tv. Make sure you tell her what time you want dinner. 

She is mother to my children, will be fine for our game but if I tell her when I want dinner I’d come off worse than a scrap with Wasyl 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

So 363 days of sitting in front of the telly all day and she doesn't moan at you?...

I thought Mother Teresa was dead?.

She’s pretty good in fairness.... we’ll see if things change once lockdown is lifted! 

21 hours ago, turlo said:

I think he'll go with a back 3 again, especially if Evans is back and considering the lack of options for wide players to play 4 1 4 1. A full week between games will also give the coaches and players to work on the system in training, as playing midweek fixtures would limit time to work on this between games - Rodgers alluded to this in the post match press conf. 

For the love of God no.

3 hours ago, OrielCaziado said:

As one or two have already mentioned surely a draw is no good for both Sheffield Utd or West Brom when we play them. Normally I dread these relegation threatened sides parking the bus but you’d hope they’d both have to be a bit more adventurous against us and we will ultimately pick them off. 

Surely if they're "adventurous" that's more likely to play into our hands and their managers will know that.

In fact, they could both keep it tight and negative and frustrate us and try and expose us on a set piece.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

This will be a difficult game

i hope Vardy scores and we manage to win 

our home form is dreadful 

far from dreadful (7th in the league), just not as good as our away form. 

• Like 1

The idea that sheff u will be an easy fixture is misplaced 

these players are trying to impress ref a possible summer move and from a professional perspective, no one wants to finish bottom if they can avoid it. 

if we went a couple of goals up then I’m sure they would lose their motivation but whilst it’s tight they will be as tough as anyone else we play this season ...

• Like 1

We know they'll work hard and we know they'll press like mad. We've struggled with that a lot in recent weeks.

Important that we start fast and make the most of the fresher legs after having 8 days rest.

The full week between games will make such a difference. Hopefully the system will be better next week after a good amount of work on the training pitch. They are missing a few defenders so need to put the pressure on and hopefully get an early goal and manage the game from there. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

The idea that sheff u will be an easy fixture is misplaced 

these players are trying to impress ref a possible summer move and from a professional perspective, no one wants to finish bottom if they can avoid it. 

if we went a couple of goals up then I’m sure they would lose their motivation but whilst it’s tight they will be as tough as anyone else we play this season ...

Have you watched them much out of interest? They played an absolutely rank out of form southampton team and completely rolled over for them. No excuses for us, that game should be 3 points and if we fail to deliver it's 100% on the players and manager.

They've been decimated by injuries and have very little cover. 

Kean Bryan wasn't even getting in the reserve team at the start of the season, now he's playing every game. Several defensive players are playing out of position. 

Bogle just coming back from injury but looks a threat at wingback.

They're very weak down the right side and have been exposed there consistently this season.

We should be looking to play a wide game and get down the sides. Harvey would have torn them a new one. 

1 minute ago, goody2028 said:

Arsenal - Sunday

Burnley - Wednesday

Brighton - Saturday

?

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Saturday that's a week, a week is seven days.

If we played Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday that's 8 days not 7.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

far from dreadful (7th in the league), just not as good as our away form. 

That shocks me, I must admit as we have lost at home to Fulham Everton Leeds Arsenal West Ham and Aston Villa already this season I thought we would be much lower

anyway thanks  

Sheffield are playing with sheer desperation motivated by trying not to lose. They know they are getting relegated so all they can do is fight for pride every game. We have the fight now in us and the quality which we have to produce and we will win. We cannot however start the game like we did against Brighton its making it real hard work effort wise to get back in the game and stressful too. Vardy to score or take a break and come back when his heads in the right place maybe watch re-runs our 2015/16 season to light the fires again?

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Have you watched them much out of interest? They played an absolutely rank out of form southampton team and completely rolled over for them. No excuses for us, that game should be 3 points and if we fail to deliver it's 100% on the players and manager.

I wanted them play liverpool and soton 

they didn’t roll over for either but once soton went ahead it became difficult for them mentally ....

Edited by st albans fox