Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

FA Cup Final

I thought they was going to separate fans over the full 90K stadium, which made me not want to go at all. But after watching the final last weekend they still segregated the fans into a smaller section and fans stood. Which has changed my mind completely. As long as they do it like they normally do for away games.

5 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

I thought they was going to separate fans over the full 90K stadium, which made me not want to go at all. But after watching the final last weekend they still segregated the fans into a smaller section and fans stood. Which has changed my mind completely. As long as they do it like they normally do for away games.

Yep - I was fully fearing fans sat in some weird pattern dotted all over, but if anything it was like two away ends.

12 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

What's all this nonsense about the final being a 'nice day out' that I'm reading? It won't be that for any of our fans, it will start with at least one sleepless night, waking up on the day feeling sick, traveling down stupidly early in case the whole transport infrastructure of the UK happens to fail that day, drinking too early, and therefore forgetting the match winning goal, and suffering from an absolutely banging hangover for the following days. 

I'm an avid fan of the NHS workers as much as the next person, but I've been to games and sat near neutrals, and they're more bothered about the half time hot chocolate. Plus they spend most of the game asking stupid questions, like what was Vardy's wife wearing last time she was in Hello. 

Any tickets available should go to the fans who have dreamed of this, literally, for as long as they can remember. 

Best post on Foxestalk ever. Couldn't agree more, or put it better, myself

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yep - I was fully fearing fans sat in some weird pattern dotted all over, but if anything it was like two away ends.

The thing is that as it is a test event and one of the latter ones before the EUROs, I think masks and social distancing will be scrapped so they can get some proper test data.

The gig in Liverpool on Sunday, the BRITs and the business event the other day all went down that route. Once Wembley is 50% full for the EUROs there cannot be social distancing. Hence these test events to allow things to open as promised in June.

I can see full stadiums next season with maybe reduced capacity in winter months if infections rise or if a variant strikes again. Fingers crossed it becomes manageable from here.

12 hours ago, BroughtonFox said:

I thought that initially then I did think that it's a test event and if people were spread out then the results wouldn't give them anything. The 4k fans (or however many it was) being near each other was how it was/will be.

12 minutes ago, idoesthis said:

I’ll legally change my name if I have to, after 2 tickets if anyone doesn’t chose to go I will eternally be grateful 

image.png.06f1c71a4732a192646f649237700786.png

Good luck. Feel like you've got more chance of changing your name in two weeks than you have scrounging two tickets. But see how you get on.

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Good luck. Feel like you've got more chance of changing your name in two weeks than you have scrounging two tickets. But see how you get on.

Also with the seemingly draconian entry measures, you’ve got more chance of starting at centre half on match day then jibbing your way into the ground. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stretch1965 said:

Yay, just got my ticket :scarf:

for the train to london

Man City had organised trains and they only got the their tickets when they got to the station... 

I plan to go via train should i get a ticket but holding off to see if there is anything like man City had to do.

• Like 1

I’m not sure what the blackout will have to do with announcing anything.

It gets announced via the website and then just ‘advertised’ through socials.

I guess it’s like going back a couple of years, sitting on the website hitting refresh waiting to hear a transfer has been announced or a full time result coming in!

3 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Not bothered about paying an arm and a leg to get them but I know some don’t take too kindly in paying over retail price for tickets.

Edited by idoesthis

39 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I’m not sure what the blackout will have to do with announcing anything.

It gets announced via the website and then just ‘advertised’ through socials.

I guess it’s like going back a couple of years, sitting on the website hitting refresh waiting to hear a transfer has been announced or a full time result coming in!

I would have thought likely to be email sent to subscribers. 

Eventually.....