Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bazly

Leicester City v Manchester City pre-match

53 minutes ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

Looking at the Blue Moon Forum a couple of things stand out 

* A lot of them seem to really hate us? Not sure if that's historical or due to the 2 - 5 - They seem to think we were diving rather than their own players diving in? 

* They are supremely confident - Around 72% thing they'll win which is reasonable in view of the run they've been on 

* A number of posters believe we are the 2nd best team in the league after them 

It appears as though they are playing Dortmund on the Tuesday after our game so they are concerned about injuries from the International break and that the Dortmund game is the priority 

We were one of the teams that sent a letter to the CAS last season to get them booted out of Europe

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/eight-premier-league-clubs-launch-cas-bid-against-man-city

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Maybe 2 or 3 years ago! Fuch's hasn't got the legs anymore. Mahrez would have him on toast

Mahrez will have any fullback in the world on toast 1 V 1 when he’s at it. The key isn’t who we've got playing directly against Mahrez it’s what collective bodies we have in that area to stop him. Although when you’ve got to do that against Sterling KDB Mahrez Aguero all over the pitch it become a lot harder lol

On 17/03/2021 at 08:58, Bert said:

The West Ham game decides if we come top 4 or not. This game is a free hit. Confidence will be good after the pasting we handed them earlier in the season. 

Not on here a lot so haven't come across this being mentioned..... If English sides win both the Europa League and the Champions League....will only the top 3 qualify for the Champions League??

On 17/03/2021 at 08:58, Bert said:

The West Ham game decides if we come top 4 or not. This game is a free hit. Confidence will be good after the pasting we handed them earlier in the season. 

Disagree. If we lose v West Ham our top four fate is not automatically sealed :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kierzz said:

Not on here a lot so haven't come across this being mentioned..... If English sides win both the Europa League and the Champions League....will only the top 3 qualify for the Champions League??

Only if they are teams that don’t finish in the Champions League places

So if Man City and Man Utd won both it wouldn’t be an issue as they will probably finish top 4

If Liverpool and Arsenal win them but also finish outside the top 4 we would need to be top 3 to get Champions League

I think we stick with the team that started against Man Utd for this one, with a view to bringing in anyone back from injury later on (Ricardo, maybe Madders) if we need a goal.

We'd be mad to break up the partnership we've developed between Kelechi, Vards and Perez for this one. So even if fit, I don't put Maddison straight back in.

The wings are my main worry for this one - I can see our right getting over ran if we stick with Albrighton and a back 3, because let's be real, their wingers are better than Man Utd's. But when it was on-point on Sunday, we looked absolutely solid for possibly the first time with that formation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Disagree. If we lose v West Ham our top four fate is not automatically sealed :thumbup:

I'd take a win against Man City and a loss against West Ham now if offered.

I'm more worried about our accumulation of points than the West Ham result.

Just now, Gerard said:

I'd take a win against Man City and a loss against West Ham now if offered.

I'm more worried about our accumulation of points than the West Ham result.

Same, but the season won’t be over if we lose both of those games. Obviously would be a nightmare but you can only imagine the reaction on here lol

Even just avoiding defeat in both would be decent.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Same, but the season won’t be over if we lose both of those games. Obviously would be a nightmare but you can only imagine the reaction on here lol

Even just avoiding defeat in both would be decent.

2pts is an acceptable return from those two fixtures.

3pts and losing to West Ham is even better than 2pts.

• Like 1

Just been reading their forum and there seems to be a lot of moaning about possible of their players suffering injuries from international duty.. Hang on, 80% of our first team are on international duty. There's only Vardy, Perez and Albrighton who aren't and the other first teamers are injured!

4 hours ago, Kierzz said:

Only if the teams finish outside top 4

On 17/03/2021 at 08:53, Fox92 said:

I don't think Manchester City get worn out.

Having 25 £50m+ players helps a lot, I guess.

Not to mention having a Xmas break by getting a game cancelled through a so called mass Covid outbreak, which actually turned out to be about 2 of their players having it.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

6 hours ago, moore_94 said:

We were one of the teams that sent a letter to the CAS last season to get them booted out of Europe

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/eight-premier-league-clubs-launch-cas-bid-against-man-city

Good. It is outrageous that they didn't get booted out. 

They're an odd bunch really. That stupid Ranieri chant they have is proper weird.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Having 25 £50m+ players helps a lot, I guess.

Not to mention having a Xmas break by getting a game cancelled through a so called mass Covid outbreak, which actually turned out to be about 2 of their players having it.

Yes, that's what I meant. Said that after my post.

If the schedule fell a bit differently I’d rest a bunch of key starters for this one, because the reality is if MC really show up it doesn’t really matter how well we play.  But as is, no reason not to have a punt.  You’re not going to shut them down in their current form so play a team in a formation that might sneak a couple of goals and salvage a lucky point.