Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

14 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Went to the Semi Final at Villa Park in 1982.

Caught the Football Special back from Witton station to Leicester.

No one said a word until we were nearly back at Leicester, when someone said "well there's always next year".

Only took 39 years ....

Wonder how many of us FTers were at the 4th round FA Cup replay at Filbert Street against Southampton in 69/70, which we won 4-2. It was a really entertaining evening match. City were then in the old Div.2 under Frank O'Farrell, and Saints were in Div.1.

• Like 3

Guest StevieLynex
8 minutes ago, turlo said:

:D:D:D

slabhead.jpg

That's why they paid £80m for him - great leadership skills, they would all run through a brick wall for him

8 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

probably still thinks we can't replace Vardy.. cretin

Years ago you could target Mahrez and Vardy other certain key players to mark out the game now the opposition has 11 problems to deal with plus players on the bench we have come a long way, every player is quality

yeah 3 years ago in July, I went on a stag do with a few Leicester city mates and a few others, there was a Norwich fan there who couldn't stop gushing about Maddison, i'd honestly not really heard of him or seen him kick a ball before he came the club, i'm not to ashamed to say, I don't watch much footy outside the Prem after 2014, thankfully the scouting network do though.

Edited by Beachyboy

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Wonder how many of us FTers were at the 4th round FA Cup replay at Filbert Street against Southampton in 69/70, which we won 4-2. It was a really entertaining evening match. City were then in the old Div.2 under Frank O'Farrell, and Saints were in Div.1.

What about the 3-1 home win in ? 1981 against the Saints

This here comment about sums of majority of their fans. This is why a lot of us hate them with a passion. Elitist, self entitled... 'fans' 

Although to be fair a few have been a little complimentary towards us albeit sometimes in a condescending manner. 

Screenshot_20210321-210158.thumb.jpg.837aeac359675b6b048f82eb66fcd6de.jpg

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I was there, one of my favourite players at the time, John Farrington, scored in both games. 

Four days earlier we had gone to the first game on the football special. Because we used to sometimes have to wait in a siding for scheduled trains to go by, it took nearly nine hours to get there and back. Can’t believe it’s 51 years ago.

Take the same score again.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

This here comment about sums of majority of their fans. This is why a lot of us hate them with a passion. Elitist, self entitled... 'fans' 

Although to be fair a few have been a little complimentary towards us albeit sometimes in a condescending manner. 

True.

But also, they are Man U fans. A vast majority hasn't got a scooby about football and were spoilt under the great Sir Alex. 

They genuinely believe that a player who pulls on a Man U shirt is automatically better than a player wearing a (*insert name of non-top 6 club here*) shirt. 

19 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Come on, he has a point. Scott McTominay is three times the player that Tielemans is.

• Haha 1

Just been looking at the impact Iheanacho has made recently and its insane. I actually love the guy, his goals, his interviews, his Impact in general is massive. Long may it continue, hopefully his impact will have a massive effect on how we finish the season. Ive been massively wrong about him i admit. Let's hope he keeps it up! 🦊🦊 let's do it!!! Why can't we win the fa cup and get top 4! Up the foxes! Always a blue!! 

Had to avoid media all day so I could watch this without knowing the score. Not long finished. Wow. Absolute quality performance. I thought we were superb. Best all round performance in ages. And all that without the creativity of  Madders, Barnes and Ricky. Absolutely fabulous. I was at our last semi. Who would have  thought it would be 39 years to the next one? Stunning result.