Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

1 hour ago, worth_the_wait said:

I don't care how many (or few) fans are in the stadium.   Just so long as it's gets rid of that hideously annoying fake crowd noise on the TV.

I'm sure they will still use it. "Augmented noise" as they called it when some fans were allowed earlier in the season

What ever happened to keep the Domestic Trophies available for the Masses on digital terrestrial TV? 
So we can’t really go on Mass to Wembley to cheer on the Foxes so we’ll have to do it on our Sofas but now to kick the loyal supporters in the Crown Jewels the FA take the Pi55 and sell the rights to BT to charge us £9.99 for the game, no wonder so many people use illegal streams to be able to watch the game especially through the troubles of the last year with job losses Furlough etc!

But here’s to the Foxes go into the game full of great attitude winning mentality and the quality we have been witnessing of late, a winning performance get into the Final against Peps English Champions elect give them a game to remember and who knows give peps lads a scare and beat them to win our First FA Cup final in our new history building King Power Leicester City FC era ?

Here’s to our amazing club may we achieve the Ambitions our great Vichai Srivaddhananprabha wished for our amazing football Club  “Win It For Vichai Lads !”

💙🦊💙🦊💙🦊

4 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They also confirmed it will be 4,000 fans. I mean, it's not really a test event, 4,000 in a 90,000 stadium is not that hard to manage. However, better than nothing I guess and they are building up to 20,000 at the final. That will be a real test.

Exactly. 4000 fans in a 90000 capacity stadium. They'd learn more going to Tesco on a Saturday morning.

• Haha 4

With the Premiership TV picks in, I see no reason why this couldn't of been a 3pm Kick off. Is Man utd v Burnley really the reason this is kicking off at 6:30pm, genuinely think if you asked a neutral that knows about football, at least 60% would say Leicester v Southampton will be a better game to watch. Stick that shit on at 5pm. 

Edited by Beachyboy

15 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

With the Premiership TV picks in, I see no reason why this couldn't of been a 3pm Kick off. Is Man utd v Burnley really the reason this is kicking off at 6:30pm, genuinely think if you asked a neutral that knows about football, at least 60% would say Leicester v Southampton will be a better game to watch. Stick that shit on at 5pm. 

Once again, the FA Cup takes a back seat to the PL.

Theres a shocker!!

12 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

From my point of view there will be no fans attending our game just to save myself from the inevitable disappointment. 

I think the biggest disappointment I ever felt was returning home after the 74 semi at Villa Park. To make matters worse the driver of our coach got lost and we didn't get back until after 1 am.

Probably on a par though with our relegation to Div 3.

Those lows though really make you appreciate the highs. :scarf:

• Like 1

Match has been chosen as a test event, local residents only

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9426907/Fans-return-football-FA-Cup-semi-final-Leicester-City-Southampton.html

EXCLUSIVE: Fans will return to football at the Wembley FA Cup semi-final on April 18 with a 4,000 crowd - football's largest since Covid - but Leicester City and Southampton supporters WON'T get tickets with only local residents allowed

• FA Cup semi-final is a pilot event testing how crowds can return to venues safely
  • Government has stressed that the events are scientific tests of the protocols
  • It's hoped the testing programme will allow large crowds to later in the summer 
  • Carabao Cup, FA Cup final and World Snooker Championships also test events 

The FA Cup semi-final between Leicester City and Southampton has been selected by government as the first football test event for the return of fans.

The match on April 18 will be played in front of 4,000 people at Wembley Stadium, who are expected to be residents of the borough of Brent, rather than spectators of the clubs.

Health service workers may also be invited to attend the event, which is the first step on the road to returning large crowds - and even full houses - at sporting events later in the summer or next season.

The government has stressed that the pilot events are designed to investigate how to keep people safe in crowds, rather than provide an opportunity for clubs' supporters to see their teams in action.

However, the hope is that the results of this and the other pilots, which will take place in April and May, will lead to significant numbers in the latter stages of Euro 2020.

The government is expected to announce a list of around 14 pilot events soon. The FA Cup semi-final will be one of the first. The list also includes the Carabao Cup final on April 25 and the FA Cup final on May 15.

It is hoped the numbers will ramp up with the possibility that the FA Cup final could be played in front of 20,000 people.

Wembley is reportedly hoping to admit 45,000 fans in the 90,000-seat arena for the semi-final and final of Euro 2022.

Edited by moore_94

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

"Fans" return is a very misleading title lol

I got super hyped thinking we'd have a chance to get to it, sucks when you delve into the post that it's locals. I'd prefer it to be given to NHS staff and Key workers instead of random locals. 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Thanks 2

Whilst it's not what we would have wanted, it's the most sensible at this point. Hospitality isn't open until mid may, so allowing people to travel across the country would have been silly.

I also wouldn't be too down about it as a Leicester fan, we are a very popular team amongst neutrals and i'd imagine 70/80% of those allowed in would be there to cheer us on.

Personally would have rather it had been London Key Workers rather than just 'local residents' as that will absolutely get abused.

The main thing is, if it goes well then we will be allowed to the final if we get there.

1 hour ago, Stanmorefox said:

I don't live in Brent but in Stanmore (Harrow) and 10 minutes from Wembley (I can see the arch from the end of the road) I wonder what the chances are of getting a ticket?

Bit selfish Stan?! What are your chances of picking up 2000 tickets?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kasey Keller said:

Wembley is reportedly hoping to admit 45,000 fans in the 90,000-seat arena for the semi-final and final of Euro 2022.

2022?! Doesn’t sound optimistic.....🥴

It's 2021 mate.... as in this July.....

EDIT: Sorry just noticed you've copied and pasted that so probably taking the piss out of someone else's error lol 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

On 29/03/2021 at 18:11, worth_the_wait said:

I don't care how many (or few) fans are in the stadium.   Just so long as it's gets rid of that hideously annoying fake crowd noise on the TV.

On 29/03/2021 at 19:44, TK95 said:

I'm sure they will still use it. "Augmented noise" as they called it when some fans were allowed earlier in the season

They’ll probably have to turn it up even louder just to cover up all the fan comments that will otherwise be easily heard, due to each spectator having approximately 3 hectares to themselves.