Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

16 minutes ago, SydenhamFox said:

It's ****ing ridiculous if it's just people in Brent who can go. I'm in a neighbouring borough and Wembley is just a short hop in a taxi.

I wouldn't bother. I'd imagine it to be a hideous experience 3k neutrals and say a thou who've  wangled a ticket sitting in a 90k bowl. 

At least the telly somewhat disguises the fact there's zero atmosphere 

• Like 1

"The government has stressed that the pilot events are designed to investigate how to keep people safe in crowds,"

There will literally be no crowd. Pointless exercise. 

1 minute ago, Otis said:

"The government has stressed that the pilot events are designed to investigate how to keep people safe in crowds,"

There will literally be no crowd. Pointless exercise. 

Test event involving 4000 yes men. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir. Just like any typical high stakes football match.

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Test event involving 4000 yes men. Yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir. Just like any typical high stakes football match.

4000 people who have tested negative. I'm really struggling to see what they'll learn from this?

Either the vaccines work or they don't?

Pathetic. Either let the Clubs allocate tickets responsibly and let Wembley organise things or forget it. This government has proved it can't run a Covid whelk stall so doubt this gimmick will change much, pilot scheme or any other name they want to call it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

If this test event means we're more likely to have real fans for the final then I'm all for it.

I've been resigned to not going to the semis for a while so the fact there's neutrals there doesn't bother me at all.

That's the only real positive I can take - and the fact that there's no way it can 'fail' this test either, with just 4k.

• Like 1

Will they have a check list of who is going to turn up?

Can see tickets being exchanged on the net or something before hand.

Probably why they haven't done it for Chelsea in particular

It won't happen here with 4k kids and NHS staff but my sister and her then boyfriend got tickets from the local council in a supposed neutral area  for the Liverpool v Villa semi final a few years back and it actually got quite nasty (in their words I must admit) because fans of either team had got tickets in the area so they will still try to be careful who gets the tickets. 

Edited by Super_horns

15 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Will they have a check list of who is going to turn up?

Can see tickets being exchanged on the net or something before hand.

Probably why they haven't done it for Chelsea in particular

It won't happen here with 4k kids and NHS staff but my sister and her then boyfriend got tickets from the local council in a supposed neutral area  for the Liverpool v Villa semi final a few years back and it actually got quite nasty (in their words I must admit) because fans of either team had got tickets in the area so they will still try to be careful who gets the tickets. 

This will be done with ID requirements to be shown on entry ....... there will be no exchange of tickets beforehand. If someone can’t make it then their ticket will simply not be used.  Each person in each occupied seat will be 100% identifiable. that’s sort of the point of doing it - to see if they can manage it with 4K.  Then they will move up to a larger number for the final 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, l444ry said:

Pathetic. Either let the Clubs allocate tickets responsibly and let Wembley organise things or forget it. This government has proved it can't run a Covid whelk stall so doubt this gimmick will change much, pilot scheme or any other name they want to call it.

Yeah, I can't really see what the test is here. 4k people from the local area sitting in a 90k stadium isn't fans returning to stadiums, it's a token gesture to show people can sit comfortably in a huge ground within walking distance from their house.

• Like 1