Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

FA Cup Semi Final vs Southampton Sunday 18th April @ 6.30 BT Sport - pre-match thread

They really should make mundane games test events, semi-final allocations will always be sought after and in high demand. 

I think the players would rather have their own support for such a big game.

• Like 1

I'm sure the report said both semi finals earlier. Now the one on BBC say's "one of the semi-finals". If its neutral/local fans I wonder which one they'd rather go to lol 

Personally, I've got no real interest in going to the stadium until attendance is substantial and you can have a decent pre-match. Not that I would have any chance of getting a ticket anyway. 

I understand trialling the event with non fans. After all, if we went, we might have other more pressing priorities. 

There are too many people who behave without any consideration for others' comfort and safety - they existed before the pandemic, and I'm concerned their behaviour will be exacerbated once let off the leash again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I'm sure the report said both semi finals earlier. Now the one on BBC say's "one of the semi-finals". If its neutral/local fans I wonder which one they'd rather go to lol 

Personally, I've got no real interest in going to the stadium until attendance is substantial and you can have a decent pre-match. Not that I would have any chance of getting a ticket anyway. 

They also confirmed it will be 4,000 fans. I mean, it's not really a test event, 4,000 in a 90,000 stadium is not that hard to manage. However, better than nothing I guess and they are building up to 20,000 at the final. That will be a real test.

Yeah, with it just being 4,000 for the semi I don't think anyone needs to book the train just yet.  

They'll probably end up selecting the glory tie of Man City Vs Chelsea anyway

Edited by Gravel

It'll just be locals. It's all about testing the procedures and protocols, checking peoples behaviours and access. Has nothing to do with fans of the respective teams being able to attend. Which is why it'll be our one or Chelsea would have local fans who can attend.

• Like 1

BBC article states the one game. I read it as Chelsea v Man City.

I didn't hold any hopes anyway. As long as fans are back for next season I'll be happy. Have to write this season off in attendance terms.

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Southampton, Spurs fans would hate us to win the league and an FA Cup during their supposed golden era lol 

Mate they got to the Champions League final - don’t forget that. That’s as good as winning it except, er, it’s not.