Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BirminghamFox

RIP Frank Worthington :(

This guy was my all time City favourite player. Could be so lazy during a game and then produce piece of magic that was worth the fee alone. Genius with the ball. Anyone not seen his goal for Bolton against Ipswich YouTube it. On way back to centre circle he pointed to the stand and said to Terry Butcher you would of had a better view watching from up there. 

Edited by Lesterlad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

i never got to see him play, far to young, but my dad would always tell me he was one of the best he ever watched for us. 

thoughts and love to his family.

RIP Frank.

Same here. My dad's absolute hero and I've heard ex pros talk about him as one of this country's most talented players.

RIP Frankie

Went to see Neville Hamilton's testimonial, main stand at Filbert street was being rebuilt so it was at Saffron lane sports stadium, Brian Little days, a Leicester City 11 took on 11 ex Leicester players. Even then Frank looked awsome and scored as I remember. Before the game he walked past me on the way to the pitch but I was too nervous to say hello to him.

A true Legend.

RIP Frank.

Had his poster on my bedroom wall from Shoot Magazine for years. Whenever we played in the back yard I was always Frank Worthington! Players like Frank come along very rarely.... a true star from an era when footballers played for the club and not the money. I will always remember Frank Worthington!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farrington fox said:

RIP Frank Worthington. He was a legend for our club. Pretty sure I also remember him scoring for England when we had 3 players in the side, Whitworth and Weller. Sad day. 

I remember that, didn't Weller set it up?

• Like 1