Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TrickyTrev Benjamin

Leicester or England

Leicester or England   

597 members have voted

1. 1. Who you rather win a trophy

• Leicester
    • England

32 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Leicester all day long. Southgate is a joke. He's a yes man for the FA licking up to the big Clubs.

He picks players on popularity not ability and I haven't seen any resemblance to a winning system like Brendan is building here.

Quite agree, Fabio even though he probably wasnt the right man for the job. Was last manager to be strict and outspoken yet he get no support from the fa. Gareth I cant imagine ever giving the hair drying treatment after a bad performance... to much about finding the positive then the negatives. You sometimes wish we had Neil warnock type manager whose not afraid to throw punches.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

The FA and Southgate makes international football feel bureaucratic. Come the summer tournament months I will always watch the matches, stick on an England shirt etc. but beyond that I don't feel bothered by England. England winning the Euros or the World Cup would not come close to the excitement of Leicester winning the Premier League, Championship or even League One.

23 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

You sometimes wish we had Neil warnock type manager whose not afraid to throw punches.

Maybe a bolshy assistant manager to do a good cop, bad cop double-act with Southgate? One who doesn't play by the rules but God damn it gets result?

Leicester-City-Players-Return-to-First-Team-Training.jpeg

Edited by ScrumpyJack

This time last year it was fashionable to want Chris Wilder to be England manager. Before that people thought it was hilarious that Sam Alladyce was managing England. Whoever the manager is people will pick fault. 

One of the most boring things about this place is reading moans about the England team from people who go out of their way to tell us they don't care about the England team. 

Guest StevieLynex
4 hours ago, ceredigion said:

I remember the days under David Pleat when the team would get a civic reception if they won a throw in.

Where were they held - red light district?

Guest StevieLynex
14 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

The qualifying stages aren’t helped by the fact that Europe has been split up so much these last thirty years.On paper the groups could look far trickier than they do now.

Great point. Imagine what the Yugoslavia team would look like (players such as Dzeko, Tadic,Ibrahimovic - although he played for Sweden his roots are in Bosnia, Modric, Kolarov, Mandzukic, Perisic, Kovacic..)

Leicester over England every time, it would be utterly amazing if England won a trophy and the whole country would be buzzing but international matches is just waiting and worrying if your club players are going to get injured. There is more of a chance that your club will win a trophy rather than England. Don’t think anything could top us winning the Premier League. 

I’m surprised at the degree of apathy for your national side.

While I’d easily pick City over the US Men, I’m not apathetic.  I never miss a group stage game in a World Cup.  Hell, I’ve paid good money to watch them in the groups at a couple of CONCACAF cups.  Maybe that’s because we’re so shite we aren’t even guaranteed to qualify out of a weak confederation.  Plus I adore our women’s team.

Whereas the England team seems tarnished by staleness and mediocrity borne of class favoritism.*  Not an aspect of society most English would rush to celebrate.

Let me ask this.  If Mr Waistcoat was hit by a bus and England were in the QFs in Qatar, with Justin and Maddison and Barnes getting minutes, wouldn’t you all be hot and bothered?

* (in this case Rich Six)

Have literally never understood this club vs country debate.  There will never be an England Vs Leicester City fixture and there will never be a time when we both play at the exact same time.

So my personal answer as someone born and raised in Leicester, England is that I'd like both to win every single time they play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

theres no earthly way Maddison could ever justifiably be behind Barkley or Alli. 

No, but I don't think it's to do with his club connections. Maguire and Chilwell both established themselves in the England team at Leicester.

20 hours ago, StevieLynex said:

So you will also need Turkey as your second strip, Denmark as the third, Nigeria as the fourth, Portugal as the fifth, Northern Ireland as the sixth, Spain as the seventh, France as the eighth, Wales as the ninth, Switzerland as the tenth

@StevieLynex bankruptcy here I come lol. Thank you for this. love it!! 

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

Have literally never understood this club vs country debate.  There will never be an England Vs Leicester City fixture and there will never be a time when we both play at the exact same time.

So my personal answer as someone born and raised in Leicester, England is that I'd like both to win every single time they play.

Absolutely this.   Simple.  End of.    

(unless of course, you're not English, in which case the question doesn't really make sense in the first place)

• Thanks 1

I think that all this indifference for the national side is actually quite sad, but I'm exactly the same.  Leicester by a mile.

I think that the last time that I got excited by England was euro '96 and I can't put my finger on why I feel so apathetic toward them now.  When I was a kid, England games were 'must see'.  Now I'm much more interested in England test matches (cricket) and even the six nations.

17 hours ago, Rain King said:

Just as a follow up to this. I massively support the England cricket team and love watching them play. I went crazy when they won the World Cup in 2019.

Who knows?

As a further point, if I was ever for some reason given the choice I would scrap International football altogether.

I'm a massive cricket fan but I couldn't celebrate that.  How can you win a world cup by an arbitrary metric like boundaries?  Should've had a second super over.  That game was a draw.

....But I digress.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

So do I but that wasn't the question.

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm a massive cricket fan but I couldn't celebrate that.  How can you win a world cup by an arbitrary metric like boundaries?  Should've had a second super over.  That game was a draw.

....But I digress.

How could you not celebrate? The rules were known before.

Bit like away goals, shit rule but if Leicester won on away goals I'm gonna celebrate.

• Like 1

I see Gary Neville came out and criticised the England players for their social media accounts. Saying it was fake and it’s just ran by their management teams. He’s spot on tbf. Just dull robots all repeating the same boring lines. No personality what’s so ever. Why I like James Maddison, he don’t just roll out the same old boring cliches. Refreshing to see someone actually being honest and genuine.

The 17 that voted England must be absolute weapons.

I can safely say I haven't watch 1 England game since that idiot Southgate took over as manager and I ner will... he will not take them anywhere and it will just end in disappointment. He must be the most unqualified person in terms of football managers and ge got the top Job.

Honestly Ritchie Wellans would be a better choice than him.

So yea all in all Leicester anyday over England 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

The 17 that voted England must be absolute weapons.

I can safely say I haven't watch 1 England game since that idiot Southgate took over as manager and I ner will... he will not take them anywhere and it will just end in disappointment. He must be the most unqualified person in terms of football managers and ge got the top Job.

Honestly Ritchie Wellans would be a better choice than him.

So yea all in all Leicester anyday over England 

You didn’t watch us in the World Cup Semi Final? 

Only care when we are in a major tournament do I actually care to watch even then I would rather Leicester won the FA cup than England ever winning anything apart from the world cup. Watching us beat backwater nations like Albania in 1st gear is just boring. There was no actual contest against the likes of San Marino and Albania just England playing to conserve energy. It's boring to watch. Qualifiers are a bore I almost never watch them.

For me national football has lost its spark after the turn of the millennium.

Edited by Fightforever

45 minutes ago, Sly said:

You didn’t watch us in the World Cup Semi Final? 

No I didn't, I won't watch dross.....

I take it we didn't progress because you would of said Final..... 

However I'd imagine if we had a good manager not even of any quality just to a good standard England may of won it.

International football is crap has been since the 90s