Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Man City - Match Thread - 03/04/2021 (Sky Sports)

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

We’ve not been great.

However for all Man City’s possession what have they achieved? Have the even seriously threatened us? And their lies the problem with possession football.

Its been a boring game but I find all Man City games boring, they’re a boring team and the way to combat is by being even more boring than them.

May I add, we probably won’t keep them out for much longer if we carry on like we do but I think as boring and unadventurous as we’ve been it was a solid first half.

Not sure your assessment of Man City is quite right? We are lucky it is still 0-0. They had a goal ruled offside. They hit the bar. Mahrez had a glorious chance to score with so much of goal to hit. Jesus nearly squared a pass for a tab in. They had a few other shots close to goal. Yes, I think we defended ok but Man City dominated and we are lucky we are not behind.

We may need a smash and grab here.

• Like 1

Ref needs to do his job properly. 

We have restricted them to F all, let them think it's coming, at 65 minutes we turn it on and go at them come away 2 nil winners. Perfect. 

Or keep them to nil and take the draw, I will be over the moon with either of these. 

I wouldn't have been too fussed with a loss until KDB got the no contact freekick. Now I want him injured and off and us to take all 3 points in the worst possible way. 

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

0-0 at break you'll take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you have to go long and I do wish Kasper did it a bit more as these chipped balls are causing ourselves more problems than what they are worth.

We don't want to pass to amartey under any cost so our right hand side is literally offering nothing.

Keep it up. Frustrate, contain, counter.

And can we start to be a little bit more dirty and start hassling the ref in games like this. The Man City players are dictating the ref and sometimes we are just far too polite and let them do it.

Agree. They sicken me. Why do the refs buy it? 

That said, Schmeichel bought us their offside goal. He weren't gonna let that go.

Their closing down really is something to behold, not just closing the player with the ball but quickly getting into positions that deny space to pass into.  They really limit the options our players have.

• Like 1

Just now, browniefox said:

Ref needs to do his job properly. 

We have restricted them to F all, let them think it's coming, at 65 minutes we turn it on and go at them come away 2 nil winners. Perfect. 

Or keep them to nil and take the draw, I will be over the moon with either of these. 

I wouldn't have been too fussed with a loss until KDB got the no contact freekick. Now I want him injured and off and us to take all 3 points in the worst possible way. 

Restricted them to fook all!

Theyve had a disallowed goal, hit the bar and have been peppering our goal for the last ten mins! 😆

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

If this was a Boxing match it would have been stopped 😂

Nahh just a load of tame body punches so far, couple of close big swings but nothing to actually put us on the canvas

1 big counter for the KO like we showed at the end is all we need :thumbup:

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I can't believe our only highlight of the first half was a offside goal.

I'm wondering where Claude Puel is.

You were expecting 17 shots and 4 goals? Going toe to toe with the best team in the country by a mile (due to their billions) and giving them almost nothing. Not too shabby.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

He can make a name for himself. And what a name!

Just so we can hear the commentators, attempt trying to Pronounce  it...& Merson Next week on GSS...

Edited by fuchsntf

2 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Do they have more players on the pitch than us then? If not there should be spaces all over the place left by that tactic 🤔

Their press has worked very well so far and their movement as a whole team is really good. We cannot get the ball out of their press to exploit the so called space at the moment ... and in fact I am not seeing much space at the moment. Let’s see if they can keep this up.

Just now, Steve Earle said:

For sure both will feature. I’d bring Praet on now for Perez. Need to give them something else to do other than sitting on Youri. Madders at about 60-65?

Sounds like a plan. Belgium connection please Brendan! Let our Belgiums rule the show!