Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Man City - Match Thread - 03/04/2021 (Sky Sports)

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

We need madders to come and take away some of the creative responsibility away from Youri. They know we have a lot of success from Youri so they are closing him down so quickly with 2 or 3 players each time. 

They are closing down every one of our players with 2 or 3 players ...

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Good half, held them well.

Just a reminder we’re playing one of the best and well funded teams in the world...

Think that Vardy offside goal shows once they tire, if we get a chance we can win. Just need to be patient.

We really didn't hold them well, we're just very fortunate not to be several goals down!

One for the purist. 

I think we've looked v v comfortable. Only a couple of slightly awkward moments both at the hand of a bodged clearance. 

Intriguing game. I'm expecting us to come out of our shells as the game progresses and hopefully they'll become frustrated too. Couldn't call it at this stage

Refs diabolical. Just seems like he thinks 'did they shout? if so gives it them'. 

Playing shit slow lofted passes out directly to their feet. Kasper hasn't hit a ball with in 30 yards of a leicester player. Some how it's still 0-0. 

We're gonna win this. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, honeybradger said:

Just not happening for vardy atm, on form he would never find himself that far off

He’s found himself offside like that a lot in the last few months. Think it’s cos he knows he’s lost pace so he has to risk it 

Surprised we are trying the counter more.. worked wonders in the past against City. But I also think playing 2 up top isn’t really necessary in this game. We should replace Perez with Praet and think about taking nacho or Vards off for Madders 

• Like 1

All that possession and yet we have kept them well contained and they haven't really had a proper sniff at goal yet

That Vardy offside goal shows all it takes is one chance for us and we can score

Get Madders on 2nd half to move about in between the lines and open up a bit more space for Youri to work his magic

0-0 at break you'll take it in a heartbeat.

Sometimes you have to go long and I do wish Kasper did it a bit more as these chipped balls are causing ourselves more problems than what they are worth.

We don't want to pass to amartey under any cost so our right hand side is literally offering nothing.

Keep it up. Frustrate, contain, counter.

And can we start to be a little bit more dirty and start hassling the ref in games like this. The Man City players are dictating the ref and sometimes we are just far too polite and let them do it.

2 minutes ago, dynamark said:

How the hell did ref give the free kick to KDB when he hit the bar 

Yeah I’m still confused about that one. Usually there’s a debate but I don’t even think Ndidi stuck a leg out!

You see the way they press and the speed they break at as to why teams sit deep against them. To be fair, I don't think we want to play deep but if you lose the ball and have players forward you are in serious trouble.

That last action showed we still have the potential to get in behind and create. half-time breather was needed at 0-0.