Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Man City - Match Thread - 03/04/2021 (Sky Sports)

5 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Don’t know why people are slagging Pérez when the normally ever reliable Tielemans is having a far worse game!

Because everytime Perez does rarely get the ball, he gives it straight back to Manchester City. Whilst Tielemans may be being held back, at least he doesn't appear to be playing for the opposition. 

We’ve not been great.

However for all Man City’s possession what have they achieved? Have the even seriously threatened us? And their lies the problem with possession football.

Its been a boring game but I find all Man City games boring, they’re a boring team and the way to combat is by being even more boring than them.

May I add, we probably won’t keep them out for much longer if we carry on like we do but I think as boring and unadventurous as we’ve been it was a solid first half.

• Like 1

image0.jpg

This is what peak football looks like lol

I actually think we've been great. We are playing this way deliberately. Up until 40 minutes we contained them pretty easily, till that Jesus chance which was a great move. Otherwise their chances came from mistakes, not from great play. Had Vardy held his run, we would be one up!

It's hard to watch this style of play but it's 100% the right way to play and we are frustrating them. Maddison can come on at 60 if we want more creativity. For me Amartey and Perez both been very good, Perez defensively especially and he found Vardy at the end with the pass.

Honestly I am impressed with the maturity of our team to play this way you have to be 100% with your concentration at all times.

• Like 3

Not a great watch to be so passive but they are good side and it's hard to get the bloody ball. The few times we've got on the ball it hasn't been bad. Perez has actually been one of our better players and holding the ball. Tielemans being swarmed.

We've hardly been hanging on. There is a chance we win this. If they score though you'd imagine it's game over. 

• Like 1