Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

It's never quiet following Leicester is it?

Mental how you can't do anything in this day and age btw, rightly or wrongly, any famous person doing something slightly wrong is gonna get caught out straight the way, unlike 30 years ago when they could do whatever they wanted and it'd just be word of mouth with no evidence to back it up.

2 questions:

Does anyone know what the scale of the party was? I gather it was Perez's birthday & looks like he had 4 of his teammates round, who are all tested and in the same "football club bubble." The language used of "House Party" is damning, but there is a big range in the risk they are exposing themselves to:

- If it was just the 5 of them, then very stupid, and breaking the current rules, but actually no additional risk compared to their normal work routine.

- If it was partners as well, then there is increased risk - but given they have regular testing, then low risk.

- If it was other people as well, then it was just reckless and the players deserve the book thrown at them.

Does anyone have any idea how much of this has gone on? I mean, we've heard of 2 breaches within the club, and several at other clubs, but is there a culture that footballers feel above the rules that everyone else is following and there are multiple breaches every weekend. And actually they generally do a good job of covering these up. But these players have just been unlucky for this one to have got out?

Not sure if anyone actually has the answers to these, and I'm not attempting to defend the players - I'm just curious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golden Fox said:

2 questions:

Does anyone know what the scale of the party was? I gather it was Perez's birthday & looks like he had 4 of his teammates round, who are all tested and in the same "football club bubble." The language used of "House Party" is damning, but there is a big range in the risk they are exposing themselves to:

- If it was just the 5 of them, then very stupid, and breaking the current rules, but actually no additional risk compared to their normal work routine.

- If it was partners as well, then there is increased risk - but given they have regular testing, then low risk.

- If it was other people as well, then it was just reckless and the players deserve the book thrown at them.

Does anyone have any idea how much of this has gone on? I mean, we've heard of 2 breaches within the club, and several at other clubs, but is there a culture that footballers feel above the rules that everyone else is following and there are multiple breaches every weekend. And actually they generally do a good job of covering these up. But these players have just been unlucky for this one to have got out?

Not sure if anyone actually has the answers to these, and I'm not attempting to defend the players - I'm just curious.

Rumour going round that Brendans daughter went.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

2 questions:

I'm convinced other people were there, otherwise it wouldn't have been a massive issue. I'm going with friends & family attending as well, meaning a fair few over 6, as well as people outside of their regular social bubbles.

2 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Rumour going round that Brendans daughter went.

She lives in London so I doubt that.

4 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

2 questions:

I've heard 'girls' mentioned and these things have happened- it sounds like an organised operation on behalf of the players.

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

She lives in London so I doubt that.

I've heard 'girls' mentioned and these things have happened- it sounds like an organised operation on behalf of the players.

If it's organised women....that makes sense as to why Wes was there...

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Line-X said:

What does fitness have to do with anything? They can still spread the virus asymptomatically. Nothing to do with people sitting on their "high horse".

I think you're missing the point. As you know, Football Clubs and players are under immense scrutiny by the press. We really didn't need this at this point in the season. But aside from that and more importantly, they have breached club and national regulations. What if there had been an outbreak at Seagrave? What if this hadn't broken and they'd travelled today and passed the virus on and there was a serious rate of infection amongst the players and staff at West Ham United on account of LCFC? 

What if they had traveled with standard flu, sickness bug or fvcking headlice?  It would have still been spread, the world can't be wrapped up in cotton wool, the lads took the risk they made there own choice leave them to it. Hats off to those who have followed every guidelines to the letter (they sure do love to fvcking mention it) but I for one and I'm sure these lads too are sick of wasting a short life staying shut in, because I'm worried some miserable curtain twitcher will think I'm a public disgrace for living my life.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Why?

He's a bit of a love rat by all accounts...the stories are out there on the internet.

https://mysportsanalysis.com/blogs/latest-sports-news-results-live-scores-fixtures-the-sun/fiancee-of-leicester-city-ace-wes-morgan-kicks-him-out-of-their-mansion-after-learning-he-has-a-pregnant-mistress

Edited by Stevosevic

2 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

What if they had traveled with standard flu, sickness bug or fvcking headlice?  It would have still been spread, the world can't be wrapped up in cotton wool, the lads took the risk they made there own choice leave them to it. Hats off to those who have followed every guidelines to the letter (they sure do love to fvcking mention it) but I for one and I'm sure these lads too are sick of wasting a short life staying shut in, because I'm worried some miserable curtain twitcher will think I'm a public disgrace for living my life.

Yes it would have been spread, but "standard flu, sickness bug or ****ing headlice" outbreak throughout the players and staff at West Ham United wouldn't be a complete P/R disaster and liability for LCFC would it? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

So how long have you been working as a sub-editor on the Sun newspaper?

Hahaha that's exactly what I thought. Throw in "Foxes Ace" and some dodgy, vaguely leering pun and we've got ourselves a headline

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

wut

I think if Maddison plays today we have a different result, so I'm trying to come to terms with who does today's decision benefit? Did you see the post match interview? Brendan said you play them if you want to appear soft, not playing them is about showing that it's about discipline and having a winning mentality at the club or something to the effect, so if not playing them causes harm to the club if we don't make a European place and ayers want to. leave, this decision seems a poor one to me. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

This thread is on a par with Line of Duty.

That’s the trouble when a bunch of folk have nothing else to do but gossip....because they aren’t entitled protected footballers 👀 lol 

Just now, Line-X said:

Yes it would have been spread, but "standard flu, sickness bug or ****ing headlice" outbreak throughout the players and staff at West Ham United wouldn't be a complete P/R disaster and liability for LCFC would it? 

Every thing is a P/R disaster these days mate, and the longer us lot contribute towards this shithouse  of a situation via this thread, Twitter and any other social platform that chastises 5 young blokes having a midweek drink together the worse off we will be.

Give it a 5 years and we will be here debating if we need to stop calling our selves foxes because its patronising and  offensive to foxes and people who identify as foxes

• Like 1

Maddison has only started 18 of our last 38 league games. The lad just needs to concentrate on getting on the pitch playing football. He has fallen way down the pecking order with England to the point where he isn’t really mentioned when pundits etc discuss England squads. 

It’s getting to that make or break stage with his career now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1