Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

3 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

Every thing is a P/R disaster these days mate, and the longer us lot contribute towards this shithouse  of a situation via this thread, Twitter and any other social platform that chastises 5 young blokes having a midweek drink together the worse off we will be.

Give it a 5 years and we will be here debating if we need to stop calling our selves foxes because its patronising and  offensive to foxes and people who identify as foxes

You seem to have spectacularly missed the point again. Not interested in social media, or this thread - and irrespective about what you think concerning the current covid regulations, the players were in breach of them and defied club procedure which is precisely what we didn't need at this point in the season. We lost Söyüncü for a fortnight due to quarantine, and a major outbreak at Seagrave or worse still West Ham would have been a complete disaster. You'll find that you don't need to isolate for 14 days due to standard flu, sickness bug or ****ing headlice" Surely, surely you can comprehend that? Not to mention LCFC being liable. 

49 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

18/19 - 7 goals, 7 assists, 2930 mins played - goal contribution every 209 minutes

19/20 - 9 goals, 3 assists, 3091 minutes played - goal contribution every 258 minutes

20/21* - 11 goals, 10 assists, 2184 minutes played - goal contribution every 104 minutes

He is absolutely smashing it this season (when he actually plays)

Even if he plays every minute of every single game left without scoring or assisting (810 minutes left to play this season, including if we make the final) the highest his goal contribution rate could be is a goal contribution every 143 minutes.

Thank you

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

That's a tad unfair. This is the guy who has been to u23 games to lend his support and goes to support his teammates at matches when he's sidelined with injuries. I am very frustrated at him - he made some bad decisions, but he's definitely not just driven by money. 

Ok maybe a tad unfair I accept

but this jekle and hyde behaviour isnt great

Part me wonders if deep down he even loves the sport that much, playing golf today is ridiculous.

Edited by twister

37 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think if Maddison plays today we have a different result, so I'm trying to come to terms with who does today's decision benefit? Did you see the post match interview? Brendan said you play them if you want to appear soft, not playing them is about showing that it's about discipline and having a winning mentality at the club or something to the effect, so if not playing them causes harm to the club if we don't make a European place and ayers want to. leave, this decision seems a poor one to me. 

I just think saying we won't have a European spot this summer is quite far fetched given our position right now. Hence the 'wut'! 

I think some are just jumping several guns in thinking its a poor decision and that it'll have such an effect on our end of season position. It shouldn't just be dependant on what's happened today/in the past week, there's a few other moments it could point to if we don't finish top 4.

I don't think it was poor. Discipline at a PL football club is huge, or any club actually for that matter. Players can't be seen to escape punishment for something like this. I think the right steps were/have been taken. 

3 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

Gutted they got shopped. Someone must have spilled the beans. The amount of people breaching lockdown rules is not minor, so they are only doing what lots of others have done.

Wonder the percentage of people on here who are saying they have acted irresponsibly but were around their mates house last night.

Not many long haired folk wandering around this lockdown, particularly not in the football circles which show the majority of them have broken the rules. 

....just because everyone does it, doesn't make it right!!!

The club has a barber who attends the players hair, suitable protocols would be in place.

It has been a year and I have failed to notice any change of attitudes in people, when walking to the shops or getting exercise. They are still doing what they always have done, they walk three abreast leaving no space to pass safely on the pavement, no one makes an effort to move out of the way, they walk in the middle of the pavement oblivious that either side of them leaves an insufficient space to pass without having to walk on the road.

We will have a forced apology from the players concerned and we will all be asked to move on. The problem is, that when the idea was mooted they would have thought for one split second that this was wrong and the next second would have been "so what!!". Any apology will not be genuine, no lesson learned, but they will still front up and lie to our faces, I just wish we didn't have to go through the charade.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I just think saying we won't have a European spot this summer is quite far fetched given our position right now. Hence the 'wut'! 

I think some are just jumping several guns in thinking its a poor decision and that it'll have such an effect on our end of season position. It shouldn't just be dependant on what's happened today/in the past week, there's a few other moments it could point to if we don't finish top 4.

I don't think it was poor. Discipline at a PL football club is huge, or any club actually for that matter. Players can't be seen to escape punishment for something like this. I think the right steps were/have been taken. 

I hope you're right in the sense today doesn't bring the season down, the task of remaining in the top 6 even is all the more difficult as a result of today and it feels sides around us have more momentum than we do.

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I had no idea police were involved and it was 18 others. 

And the fact they stopped at one place, knew Rodgers had found out then partied somewhere else's was fvcking stupid. 

Justifies the fines and absences today to be honest. 

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Lol as if they even deserved to party after that man city game, let alone it actually being illegal is just ridiculous. Plus hiding after they got caught is quite infantile and pathetic. So disappointing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

The most bizarre thing about this situation is that 37 year old Wes Morgan is out partying with the youngsters. Shouldn't he be in bed by that time on a Sunday?

The two aren’t mutually exclusive apparently