Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

29 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Whilst they’re clearly a bunch of complete idiots, I’m not sure if I believe this to be totally accurate.

Doesn’t Choudhury have two young kids? I find it incredibly unlikely he’s taken taken half a party back to his in the early hours to continue drinking etc.

I know they’ve all shown themselves to be severely lacking in brain cells but I’m not sure anybody would be doing that if they had a young family.

• Like 1

You could not make this shit up. it's like a high school kids party that got gate crashed when their parents unexpectedly came home early and everyone escaped out the back garden in the dark. twats. 

What can you do if you’re Rodgers and they’ve blatantly ignored what you’ve asked them to do. You spoke to the team the day before and said we have to behave for the next few weeks  and they still go out. Not only that but they ignore your text and carry on.

Seems pretty weak to me if it’s fines and missing a game. For lads with their mentality that’s a detention with the fit teacher during lunchtime surely...

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

Whilst they’re clearly a bunch of complete idiots, I’m not sure if I believe this to be totally accurate.

Doesn’t Choudhury have two young kids? I find it incredibly unlikely he’s taken taken half a party back to his in the early hours to continue drinking etc.

I know they’ve all shown themselves to be severely lacking in brain cells but I’m not sure anybody would be doing that if they had a young family.

100%.

Parts of it will no doubt be true, but newspapers are scum who will write anything.

Don't jump to conclusions just yet.

• Like 1

Clearly not elite athletes with the mentality and will to win. Get rid and buy someone who's hungrier to succeed. Two of them are a bloody waste of space anyway. Maddison can be this years cash in player to move forward. Doubt Southgate will trust the dimwit anytime soon. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, FoxCal said:

...is there a £1.3m house near the stadium!!!

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Clearly not elite athletes with the mentality

Exactly. 

I remember criticising Maddison for his Dubai holiday and got hammered for it on here at the time "as he is a young lad and he's entitled to party if he wants" 

My argument was that true elite athletes devote everything to their sport, they sacrifice everything. 

Lebron James is probably the best example of this, if you read up on his regime and what he puts into to it both physically and mentally it makes those boys look like Sunday league athletes. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Exactly. 

I remember criticising Maddison for his Dubai holiday and got hammered for it on here at the time "as he is a young lad and he's entitled to party if he wants" 

My argument was that true elite athletes devote everything to their sport, they sacrifice everything. 

Lebron James is probably the best example of this, if you read up on his regime and what he puts into to it both physically and mentally it makes those boys look like Sunday league athletes. 

Problem is you’ll never get the average joe fan holding them to account because given the chance they’d be partying it away themselves. 

All you have to do is look at the clothes they wear and the cars they drive versus comparable achievements. These lads believe in themselves big time but their delivery and mentality is short of their belief. 

I really hope this kick starts Maddison and Barnes to end the season well. If James believes half the blue-eyed-boy interview talk that comes out of his mouth it better do him in particular. Perez and Hamza genuinely have no upward trajectory so they can leave for all I care. 

12 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I was livid when the news broke before the game, and feel exactly the same now. 

An appropriate response from the club in my view would be to report them to the Police and transfer list them all. They need to understand that they are adults, not kids, and your actions have consequences regardless of whether you're a footballer, post man, or bar tender.

The club can't let this go surely. What does this say about the club from a PR perspective if this gets brushed under the carpet at a time when key workers (some of which will be fans) have put themselves at risk and made huge sacrifices over the last 12 months. The fact that these individuals have broken the law has brought the club into disrepute so I'd be surprised if they're willing to be seen to tolerate such behaviour. 

Given that this has happened before such an important game is inexcusable. The impact this will have had on preparations ahead of game is enormous. The lack of respect for their colleagues is astonishing. There's players in our team that will potentially see this season as their last chance to play in the CL due to their age and yet the actions of these lads ill discipline could well cost them that chance. 

For those saying that they're just a bunch of young guy's doing what young guy's do and we've all made mistakes, imagine how Top will feel if we miss out on CL qualification by a single point at the end of the season. Their actions could cost him the best part of £50m. Yes, we all made mistakes when we were young but I doubt many can say that their behaviour cost their bosses such sums of money. Let's not forget that this is a business, they're paid handsomely and with such money comes a high level responsibility. If they're not up to the task of handling such responsibilities then they don't belong at a club like Leicester. It's as simple as that in my opinion. 

Pretty much my own sentiments.  Do they not realize people are dying daily from this awful disease. What if they brought it back into the squad and god forbid someone was to die. How would they feel then.

I have a Niece who is an ICU Nurse and also a single parent. She's traumatized by what she has to deal with Daily, While also worrying what will happen to her young Son if anything happens to her. Yet she gets up everyday and goes to work not because she wants to but because she says she's needed there as things are so bad.

The Club should send them into a Hospital to work for a week to see the effects of their behaviour. Then they might realize gow privileged they are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

Pretty much my own sentiments.  Do they not realize people are dying daily from this awful disease. What if they brought it back into the squad and god forbid someone was to die. How would they feel then.

I have a Niece who is an ICU Nurse and also a single parent. She's traumatized by what she has to deal with Daily, While also worrying what will happen to her young Son if anything happens to her. Yet she gets up everyday and goes to work not because she wants to but because she says she's needed there as things are so bad.

The Club should send them into a Hospital to work for a week to see the effects of their behaviour. Then they might realize gow privileged they are.

Perez would be fine, he’s done posts on Instagram before about ‘hard work’, captioned over a pic of him deadlifting 50kg. 

:teehee:

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Feel sorry for Youri and Nacho and every other player that actually cares

Imagine being Wesley Fofana. In your prime partying years and people your senior being excused for ‘being kids’. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KFS said:

Perez would be fine, he’s done posts on Instagram before about ‘hard work’, captioned over a pic of him deadlifting 50kg. 

:teehee:

Are you sure it's Perez, He spends more time on the ground in matches like a snowflake, melting away when the going gets tough.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I had no idea police were involved and it was 18 others. 

And the fact they stopped at one place, knew Rodgers had found out then partied somewhere else's was fvcking stupid. 

Justifies the fines and absences today to be honest. 

No, it’s not stupid. It’s disrespectful of both Rodgers and the club. That’s what grates with me. And at such a crucial time in the final push towards top 4, with the biggest match of the season so far coming up next. It just shows a complete lack of commitment.

Players do not have to be fans of the club they play for, but they are paid large amounts to be wholly committed to the cause during their time on contract. They need to be invested in the project for the club to achieve anything, and this incident makes me question whether this group of individuals are bothered about much beyond their pay packets.

Edit: Word of caution, this is an article in the Sun, so could be complete bollocks.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 2