Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He was just outside the six yard box - couldn’t believe he didn’t go down 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

I think we're thinking of different challenges :)

We must be...I lazily assumed you meant the unnecessary shoulder barge.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

We must be...I lazily assumed you meant the unnecessary shoulder barge.

Oh no, but that was also a crazy decision. This was 5 minutes or so before that. Hopefully the extended highlights pick it up. Never saw a replay so it may be that he was nowhere near him, I just remember at the time waiting for Ings to go down and Soy to be getting his marching orders haha

Evans was 100% solid. My MotM. Fofana's an absolute gladiator. Vardy superb - how a 34yo can sprint like that is awesome - viva Red Bull. Love Castagne's determination.

We were the superior side in all departments - apart from Perez. 

He has to give way to Maddison. 

Oh and Iheanacho - decent striker i'nt he :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Fantastic to be in an FA Cup final at long last. Absolutely amazing!

Just had to be this year though didn’t it, when hardly anyone can go......

Lets face it, for an 80,000 final capacity, clubs only get around 20,000 tickets each, the rest go to corporate and sponsors.......

This year, with 20,000 capacity, we’ll be lucky to get 5,000 tickets each. My guess is more like 3,000...... 

Massive to just have our club there though! Let’s hope it’s our year!!

Edited by City1884
Spelling error

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Fofana maybe got away with one too. Mind you one of their players tried to pass it to a team mate who had left the field! So that is a real brain fart!

Haha did that actually happen? I thought "has he tried to pass that to Djenepo?".I assumed it was just an overhit pass meant for an actual player on the pitch lol

That was certainly a game for the purists. I've seen better quality in non league games and both teams seemed frightened to attack.

Was reading my dad's programme from the last semi final against Spurs, I can't believe it's been so long. Fantastic achievement really, still not sure how we won that Brighton game, but every other game in the run we've been superb overall.

Finding it hard to see past Chelsea in the final, I just hope we give a good account of ourselves and don't have any regrets.

Let's go and win the next 4 though and cement a top 4 spot!

Just now, Foxes1 said:

Wembley it is she used to be a season ticket holder down the city so off I go. A nice meal out on 21st May instead. 

It makes sense. She’ll understand, in a few years. Anniversaries come round once a year usually - it’s their thing. FA Cup finals for us are a little more rare.  Don’t let her beat you down, it’s the right decision. :ph34r:

What a great match. Truly a professional performance with a bit of magic from Iheanacho and Vardy.

Knew that if we showed up and matched their workrate that things would work out for us. Do the same against Chelsea and we will win. Our whole club deserves man off the match. They worked their asses off all game.

Edited by SO1
off