Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 1-0 Southampton - Post-Match Thread

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Southampton were counting on making it as grim a game as possible and scoring from a set piece.

Funnily enough they had the best spell that either side had in the game after they’d scored. They must be kicking themselves.

Yeah, I think we tried to get it down and play but they crowded us out or we had poor final balls. I felt us scoring would be best for the game (not just ourselves) and they played a bit more.

I think we were there for the taking today.

Can't believe it! An FA Cup final! Never in my life had I seen us even in the semis before today and I'm no spring chicken.

I'm delighted. We've got a real chance of some silverware this season, but I think the main thing is that this could really push the club on. I was gutted last week with the first half against West Ham, and the partygate rumours turning out to be true. I was pretty sure we'd thrown the season away again. So much so that I turned the match off. Can't remember the last time I did that. Now, I'm reassured that the club has dealt with it and put it behind them.

Kel is still on fire! 10 goals in 7? Mental.

• Like 1

Semi-finals are all about holding your nerve TBH the most impressive thing for me, was that we held it together for the 90. Think about World Cup Finals, Champions League finals, etc they are always the same. It means so much.

Today was nervy, but there were very few brain farts. Soyuncu got booked, but did not get sent off. No one gave away a diabolic pass in a dangerous situation. When Southampton turned on the heat HARD after we went behind, we rode it out, and should have won by more.

We did it, and that's all that matters!

• Like 2

So, so happy!

The composure we showed was excellent to close the game out. 

The Cup has been a dream for so many of us. I remember as a child seeing all the build up on the day of the final, and hoping one day it might be my team.

Finally, it will be our club that they'll be talking about! 

• Like 1

That was ****ing awful yet ****ing brilliant.

Great run by Vardy, lot of fortune with the first Iheanacho effort but great composure after. 

Fofana superb, Evans defended well but was inconsistent with his passing. Soyuncu scared me.

I think we will set up the same in the final, but need to switch back to a four for the next few league games. Problem is the back 3 is the only way we get Iheanacho, Vardy and Maddison in the same team. 

We have a chance to win the FA cup, that's all we can ask for. Performance secondary.