Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

What I find interesting is that Arsenal have apologised to their fans and one club has mentioned the intervention of the government, I wonder what was said for that to be announced.

Maybe the Government threatened 50+1 or something like it if the British clubs withdrew seems strange the American owners pulled out only due to fan pressure. Unless this was planned. Also why would sky pundits speak out when sky could stand to gain from an ESL something seems very off about this to me.

Edited by Fightforever

10 minutes ago, trabuch said:

Because I am a contrary bastard (and a bit drunk). Why would the Super League have been disastrous for us? I mean you and me. It wouldn't have destroyed football. No one can do that. It may have meant we would have had to watch slightly less skilful players, but so what? It would have been utter shite for Sky and BT Sport. But not you and me.

I have been entertained by some top performers over the years... Berkamp wowed me, Tierry Henry mesmerized me. Some amazing wingers, Ronaldo on another lvl and the thought of never having seen the top of the top play my Leicester City again was leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

How can you be proud at winning the Premier league if you haven’t even beaten the ‘big six’ teams of the country?

• Like 1

People celebrating like football has gained something from this experience. If these clubs avoid serious punishment that affects them in the long term, then football is in a weaker position than before this kicked off. There is no deterrant for this sort of plan without a punishment.

UEFA have basically forgiven Man City with that statement. I don't know why I expected them to do the right thing but I thought they might be as angry as we are for this attempt to bully them.

A lot of people are backtracking now. Everyone trying to sound noble on Sky, in the government and at UEFA for 24 hours, now all is forgiven because these are big clubs. They are so completely two-faced it's infuriating. Any club who has had to suffer a points deduction when going into administration should be absolutely livid. Every fan should be livid that one of these teams might STILL make the Champions League despite not finishing in the top 4, thanks to UEFA.

We've had the absolute mickey taken out of us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I have been entertained by some top performers over the years... Berkamp wowed me, Tierry Henry mesmerized me. Some amazing wingers, Ronaldo on another lvl and the thought of never having seen the top of the top play my Leicester City again was leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth.

How can you be proud at winning the Premier league if you haven’t even beaten the ‘big six’ teams of the country?

We beat the rest of them instead..... if there’s any club who thinks they are above the likes of us or Brighton or Cardiff or Stoke city or even Notts bloody forest then they can jog on.

if they want to take their ball and play in the other playground by themselves let them do it

Just now, Fightforever said:

Maybe the Government threatend 50+1 or something like it if the British clubs didn't withdraw seems strange the American owners pulled out only due to fan pressure. Unless this was planned.

Bit what do they gain? Americans don’t like losing face, the Liverpool owner is never going to be able to show his face at anfield again. His only option is to sell the club, unless that was the gamble. Win and you make 350 million a year , lose and you make half a billion by selling the club.

1 minute ago, SystonFox said:

Is it wrong I’m a little bit sad that these cunty clubs aren’t just ****ing off? All 6 of them are shithouses and English football would probably be better off without them in all honesty,

they should get tae fck

A little I'd admit. But I'm taking quite a bit of satisfaction in this falling through so spectacularly. The "big" clubs needed this reality check, and it should hopefully mean they are offered zero quarter from the other 14 in any vote-worthy decisions from now on.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

I enjoy something different I think. I've probably never seen a better goal than Muzzy Izzet's against Grimsby. The joy I get from football has very little to do with the status of the clubs my team is playing against.