Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I wouldn't mind them inviting us, but I would take great pleasure in Top telling them to **** off (although I'm not 100% sure he would). 

Would not want a invite it will kill the smaller clubs off.i hope no broadcasters would show this super league so it generates no money at all no transfers between this sl and the normal domestic leagues so only transfers between the 12 super league teams  only suspend these 6 clubs in England know  and the other teams who signed up in thee dosmetic leagues as well.lets not get dictated by these so called big 6 in england

1 minute ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Wont the SL be essentially dead for half the teams after around 7/8 rounds of fixtures?

there is nothing to compete for if you’re not top 3/4. Can’t get relegated, dont need to attain a certain position to qualify for a competition. Whats the point?

Yep.  I think it is possible that lots of games will be between teams that have literally nothing to play for.  It'll be like a dull end of season, for three quarters of the season.

Guest bennytwohats
2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Wont the SL be essentially dead for half the teams after around 7/8 rounds of fixtures?

there is nothing to compete for if you’re not top 3/4. Can’t get relegated, dont need to attain a certain position to qualify for a competition. Whats the point?

££££

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They've already said it'll be two divisions of 10 teams though?

I know but the founding members will be split between the 2 divisions with the rest making up the 10. This way they increase the chances of the most of the founding members finishing in the top places in each division and going on to play in the knockout stages.

3 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

To be fair if the financials are as expected, there will be plenty of money to play for in terms of league position.

The ESL are hoping to tap into a global fan market, but global fans of all these clubs are only fans due to them being somewhat successful.

Put Spurs or Arsenal in the ESL and they become Crystal Palace (no offence Palace) languishing, merely existing, near the bottom. You think some bloke from Abu Dhabi is gonna unconditionally love them losing 75% of games. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Think Harlem Globetrotters 

• Like 1

It does make me wonder just how power hungry and greedy people can be?

Then again, I guess power and greed have existed since the dawn of time 

The elitism in football is truly a disgrace and now they want to take it even further?

I’m surprised at nothing though really in modern society. 
I just feel privileged that I was brought up on the terraces at filbert st. So much better than the utter fookin nonsense that is contemporary top level football 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

The elitism in football is truly a disgrace and now they want to take it even further?

I just feel privileged that I was brought up on the terraces at filbert st. So much better than the utter fookin nonsense that is contemporary top level football 

Money has replaced water and food as the most essential element for survival in this world for some. It is just a sad reflection on how deep the grave is humanity is willing to dig. Money means everything to some, and they frankly don’t give a shit how they attain it. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

Money has replaced water and food as the most essential element for survival in this world for some. It is just a sad reflection on how deep the grave is humanity is willing to dig. Money means everything to some, and they frankly don’t give a shit how they attain it. 

There is a reckoning coming on that one.....

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Money talks - especially in entertainment which is essentially what professional sports is. 

7 hours ago, RoboFox said:

From the Guardian: 

"Peter Walker, our political correspondent, emails as follows: “Oliver Dowden, the culture secretary, is to make a statement to the Commons on Monday afternoon, probably at about 5pm. It is understood that officials in the Department for Culture, Media and Sport are examining what powers the government might have to stop the plan, and what action it could take.

...Options believed to be under consideration include taking action under competition laws, and wider reforms, for example guaranteeing fans a greater say in the running of clubs and the wider sport.”

This could really blow up in these clubs' faces. 

Nah just bring in a 90% revenue tax on the Super League :)

52 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

A reduction in foreign ownership to 49% with fans owning 51%, if that includes from Thailand then so be it to protect our beautiful game.

....I can see that this would stop this situation!!!

There are also a few foreign owners within the English League who are looking to uphold the integrity of the game, we cannot go around tarnishing all and sundry as eventually it sinks into xenophobia.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Yeah this is true, I feel pretty happy to have witnessed the rise of Football from the 70s gutter to what it became when we won the thing. We've seen the best of it. From the Chelsea riots to dancing in the rain before the Everton game, every minute of the journey was worth it.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I can see that this would stop this situation!!!

There are also a few foreign owners within the English League who are looking to uphold the integrity of the game, we cannot go around tarnishing all and sundry as eventually it sinks into xenophobia.

Also, you can't expect someone to plough millions into a club if they don't get the final say how that money's spent.

• Like 1