Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, Vestan Pance said:

Yeah this is true, I feel pretty happy to have witnessed the rise of Football from the 70s gutter to what it became when we won the thing. We've seen the best of it. From the Chelsea riots to dancing in the rain before the Everton game, every minute of the journey was worth it.

POP FOOTBALL WILL EAT ITSELF.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

The ESL are hoping to tap into a global fan market, but global fans of all these clubs are only fans due to them being somewhat successful.

Put Spurs or Arsenal in the ESL and they become Crystal Palace (no offence Palace) languishing, merely existing, near the bottom. You think some bloke from Abu Dhabi is gonna unconditionally love them losing 75% of games. 

That's a good point actually.  At the moment those teams have mass appeal because they're so successful.  Put them in a league of better teams, and they're not successful any more.  Bit like when you go from primary school to secondary school - top dogs one minute, lowest of the low the next!

Just now, Webbo said:

Don't Man City's owners also own Bien Sports?

Really not sure mate but you have to assume the tv companies will jump on the chance to televise super league games & help provide even more funding for this shambles! 

1 hour ago, fazzyfox said:

I like it that people and organisations are coming out, drawing a line in the sand and declaring their position on this. Boycotts can only gain so much, it's a global TV market so local boycotting won't be enough but if all sponsors, merchandisers, media outlets alienate them it will be a start.  

If it goes through there are a thousand problems, to prevent it there are six, in terms of our domestic game anyway, the six owners. A lot easier said than done but we need them gone. I'm not advocating assassinations you understand, I mean make it impossible for them to continue and somehow force a sale or let them sit with a hollow pointless asset unlicensed to function in this country.

How? Haven't a clue but it's the least painful route out of this by far. 

disappointing.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, rachhere said:

Pleasantly surprised at how strongly the government are stepping in on this one. If only they did likewise for other areas of society (but that's a whole other discussion). 

The biggest thing about the government getting involved is the fact they can deny the clubs using their names because the clubs need permission to do so.

Really hope they all do go spurs and arsenal will get beat every game and probably draw against each other and be the worst 2 teams in the thing every year. See who wants to play for them then. Relegate them all now as well just for being c****

Just now, Silva Fox said:

I think this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I expect there will be a huge psychological impact on players of all the clubs who have signed up.

i did wonder if there will be players wanting to be sold/terminate their contracts if it goes ahead