Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Thanks for the insight and certainly the context  of what is going on behind the scenes. From what you are hearing and obviously the fact that Brendan is working so hard to resolve some of these issues do you believe that he still has the support of the squad? 

Absolutely. Difficult transition during covid and seagrave, heads turned by rumour mill (cags!). That’s all.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

I could go on for a while here so I’ll just try and keep it light for now.

ive posted previously (last year, early this) that:

1. Susan Whelan runs a fear factory. She may have won an award but that’s an outside view, inside view is that she is not nice. She is the solution to some issues and cause of others.

2. Various staff have been moved on, Dave rennie and plenty more that have been with the club for years.

3. inter departmental conflicts

4. a lot if not all staff hate the morale, coincidental with move to seagrave but I’m unsure of it’s the cause.

5. Winning fa cup and achieving 5th has brought arrogance to a lot of people, this could be a temporary blip?

6. Talking to the birch yesterday, all the above is shared.

7. Stadium expansion is poorly managed by CEO who wants beyond a pound of flesh.

8. Seagrave is incredible but has teething issues in terms of day to day operations and player management, they all leave after training and Brendan is trying them to integrate as a friends afterwards.

there is a feeling the bubble has burst and it’s difficult to shake off. But looking at individual performances for their countries (ward/Tielemans/Castagne/cags) it’s reflected. They may have hit a glass ceiling and seemingly Brendan is the only one trying to sort it, he cares so much. 

on a side note, mark albrighton is first in and last out. BR wants him to be a leader off the pitch and the younger players to take an example.

summary, yea we have major behind the scenes problems and some people are ignoring/hiding.

So it wasn't all Puel's fault then lol

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

Absolutely. Difficult transition during covid and seagrave, heads turned by rumour mill (cags!). That’s all.

That is great news as in past players have been accused of downing tools. Poor form has come at a bad time and without this insight looks to us outsiders that Brendan is struggling, let’s hope they use this to come together as a playing squad and galvanise our season. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

1. Susan Whelan runs a fear factory. She may have won an award but that’s an outside view, inside view is that she is not nice. She is the solution to some issues and cause of others.

2. Various staff have been moved on, Dave rennie and plenty more that have been with the club for years.

4. a lot if not all staff hate the morale, coincidental with move to seagrave but I’m unsure of it’s the cause.

5. Winning fa cup and achieving 5th has brought arrogance to a lot of people, this could be a temporary blip?

7. Stadium expansion is poorly managed by CEO who wants beyond a pound of flesh.

8. Seagrave is incredible but has teething issues in terms of day to day operations and player management, they all leave after training and Brendan is trying them to integrate as a friends afterwards.

there is a feeling the bubble has burst and it’s difficult to shake off. But looking at individual performances for their countries (ward/Tielemans/Castagne/cags) it’s reflected. They may have hit a glass ceiling and seemingly Brendan is the only one trying to sort it, he cares so much. 

on a side note, mark albrighton is first in and last out. BR wants him to be a leader off the pitch and the younger players to take an example.

summary, yea we have major behind the scenes problems and some people are ignoring/hiding.

That's really interesting but a little sad really. Personally, I had just naturally assumed because of our owners that the club would be a very happy place to work. 

I have a friend and ex colleague that would have to meet Susan Whelan on a number of occasions work wise. He felt she was ultra efficient, pleasant and was very helpful and keen to get the right things done. She was however, he commented, all about the job and you never got to see a more personal side to her. It wasn't particularly said as a criticism more just an observation. 

When Vichai was there he  insisted on certain protocols surrounding respect for each other. Meetings differed in attendees for obvious reasons but all were to be conducted at a certain decibel level, no raised voices. Everyone was to have their say and no-one was to be interrupted when it was their turn to speak, even if you disagreed, because to do so would be considered poor manners and show a lack of respect for others which was a big issue for him. Other employees in for want of a better description, that were in lower powered jobs were also encouraged to give their opinions in meetings. Vichai was keen to know everything good and bad. Clearly by mentioning Vichai's name dates such information however, but by all accounts from what we see, Top seems to be a chip of the old block however, the club is just one business within an empire I suppose and who knows how often he actually visits. However, sometimes it takes a bit of a focused single minded tyrant kind of personality to keep a successful business on track and Susan Whelan is a very trusted lady. Let's hope some of the things you refer to are just teething problems though it does make Brendan sound like he's committed to the cause.

51 minutes ago, Billynomates said:

Thanks for that Billy. I can only have an outsiders view but I'm surprised about Susan Whelan. She was impressive during the stadium expansion webinar and really sounded like she 'got it' from a fans perspective and expectations. Also highly regarded within the industry. But I suppose that most of us have had bosses that have not needed to be nice to climb the ladder. 

I always suspected that such an enormous and comfortable campus risked taking away some of the edge and would be hard to replicate Belvoir Drive. 

Perhaps we're now seeing the consequences of losing the likes of Matty James and Kingy. 

• Like 2

Amazing that one person comes on a forum, says that apparently Susan Whelan isn’t very nice and that actually “Brendan” is the only one trying to sort out the bad morale is a narrative that people are happy to gobble up.

Hard to believe that if somebody came on here saying that Rodgers was running a “fear factory” that it would have quite the same response.

That is not to cast aspersions on the source at all, for all I know it may be true. I just think it’s interesting that people are so quick to believe ill of a person who has led the club for about 10 years and that Rodgers would be the “only one trying to sort it”.

Hearing and reading about Potter a lot lately. I guess he is kinda successful football coach  considering the limited resources he is operating with...

Here is some stats,

- He is the 17th highest paid Football Manager out of 20 ( Brendan Rogers 3rd)

- The total value of Brighton Howe Albion ranked 13th (we are 7th)

This numbers really makes him look good. Let's see how this story/gossip will end.

32 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

When Vichai was there he  insisted on certain protocols surrounding respect for each other. Meetings differed in attendees for obvious reasons but all were to be conducted at a certain decibel level, no raised voices. Everyone was to have their say and no-one was to be interrupted when it was their turn to speak, even if you disagreed, because to do so would be considered poor manners and show a lack of respect for others which was a big issue for him. Other employees in for want of a better description, that were in lower powered jobs were also encouraged to give their opinions in meetings. Vichai was keen to know everything good and bad.

That's truly wonderful, beautiful even.

I have no idea how true that is but one can imagine it to be the case.

I've been in a number of meetings (I'm sure many have) where it being called a meeting is purely tokenism; it's merely a venue to hear what's already been decided. Or it's loudest voice wins. 

I love the notion of it being respect to hear someone out; to listen and appreciate/consider their ideas even if you ultimately disagree.

1 hour ago, Billynomates said:

Perhaps we should sell tickets to the BDSM community!

On a serious note, you seem to get this accusation against women business leaders, men seem to get slapped(no pun intended) on the back for it!  

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Perhaps we should sell tickets to the BDSM community!

On a serious note, you seem to get this accusation against women business leaders, men seem to get slapped(no pun intended) on the back for it!  

On face value she’s really pleasant, she is totally ruthless, and commands respect (she sacked a director in January because the individual (the same individual that worked miracles in getting seagrave and stadium sorted) because they weren’t telling her what she wanted and because they stood up for themselves). In a business sense she’s great because she wants results, but when you tip over the line you get accusations. If Susan Whelan we’re male I’d be saying the same thing. She has worked her way up from a family buisiness but there are a lot of people (externally) that don’t trust her unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Amazing that one person comes on a forum, says that apparently Susan Whelan isn’t very nice and that actually “Brendan” is the only one trying to sort out the bad morale is a narrative that people are happy to gobble up.

Hard to believe that if somebody came on here saying that Rodgers was running a “fear factory” that it would have quite the same response.

That is not to cast aspersions on the source at all, for all I know it may be true. I just think it’s interesting that people are so quick to believe ill of a person who has led the club for about 10 years and that Rodgers would be the “only one trying to sort it”.

He's not the first to mention it.

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

He's not the first to mention it.

He was the first to mention it and keeps saying the same thing.

I doubt Susan is there on a popularity contest, you have to be ruthless at that level. And if we're talking about the director who went, there's two very different perspectives on that.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Interesting.

I've heard a different version of events and believe this is extremely one sided.

If you're referring to inter departmental disputes then making certain departments which aren't up to it improve then I think I agree with susan here. The ticket office for example are a shambles.

Various staff have been moved on but that's natural for a football club transitioning from a small time operator to a big one. The rest is largely hearsay - morale is bad because of the training ground? It was quite good a few months ago....

And I hugely doubt 'that Brendan is the only one trying to fix it'.....

Just from curiosity, are you able to elaborate at all on what you've heard?

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Interesting.

I've heard a different version of events and believe this is extremely one sided.

If you're referring to inter departmental disputes then making certain departments which aren't up to it improve then I think I agree with susan here. Various staff have been moved on but that's natural for a football club transitioning from a small time operator to a big one. The rest is largely hearsay - morale is bad because of the training ground? It was quite good a few months ago....

And I hugely doubt 'that Brendan is the only one trying to fix it'.....

I feel your paraphrasing a touch. Largely you are right about the club moving from big to small, but that brings its own levels of problems. Various staff dislike working there, are they under scrutiny - possibly. Doesn’t make it right though. Ethics have gone out of the window.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Just from curiosity, are you able to elaborate at all on what you've heard?

The same as what happens in any business when you scale up. Some people don't like it or can't hack it and get moved on. Some people cry about it and say they've been unfairly treated when the reality is they're resistant to change.

• Like 2

Not only are Newcastle going to poach Rodgers from us they will also sign Tielemans, Vardy & Ndidi.

Add to that Messi & Mbappe they will also win the champions league within 3 years

All of the above I have read on the internet in the past 24 hours & Steve Bruce hasn't even been sacked yet.

Modern football rumours are rubbish.

• Haha 1