Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

He isn’t ‘walking’ anywhere unless it’s for more money. And we may him a lot.

if Newcastle decide they want him and are willing to pay us the compensation we will demand then we would be able to pay a new manager a very handsome package indeed …. Whether we would be willing to us another question…

That's what I meant.

4 hours ago, Billynomates said:

summary, yea we have major behind the scenes problems and some people are ignoring/hiding.

....is this a reference to Top...!!!

There surely only a few people that could bring this matter to a head and Khun Top being one of them. Certain members of the staff could voice an opinion on an individual basis but if the club is being run by a dictatorship then they would be fearing for their jobs.

The question then is who could voice their dissatisfaction where the matter of club morale and the interdepartmental squabbles can be put out.

The suggestion that someone or people are hiding only points in one direction.

4 hours ago, Billynomates said:

I could go on for a while here so I’ll just try and keep it light for now.

ive posted previously (last year, early this) that:

1. Susan Whelan runs a fear factory. She may have won an award but that’s an outside view, inside view is that she is not nice. She is the solution to some issues and cause of others.

2. Various staff have been moved on, Dave rennie and plenty more that have been with the club for years.

3. inter departmental conflicts

4. a lot if not all staff hate the morale, coincidental with move to seagrave but I’m unsure of it’s the cause.

5. Winning fa cup and achieving 5th has brought arrogance to a lot of people, this could be a temporary blip?

6. Talking to the birch yesterday, all the above is shared.

7. Stadium expansion is poorly managed by CEO who wants beyond a pound of flesh.

8. Seagrave is incredible but has teething issues in terms of day to day operations and player management, they all leave after training and Brendan is trying them to integrate as a friends afterwards.

there is a feeling the bubble has burst and it’s difficult to shake off. But looking at individual performances for their countries (ward/Tielemans/Castagne/cags) it’s reflected. They may have hit a glass ceiling and seemingly Brendan is the only one trying to sort it, he cares so much. 

on a side note, mark albrighton is first in and last out. BR wants him to be a leader off the pitch and the younger players to take an example.

summary, yea we have major behind the scenes problems and some people are ignoring/hiding.

Thank you for being brave and contributing this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiwiturk said:

Hearing and reading about Potter a lot lately. I guess he is kinda successful football coach  considering the limited resources he is operating with...

Here is some stats,

- He is the 17th highest paid Football Manager out of 20 ( Brendan Rogers 3rd)

- The total value of Brighton Howe Albion ranked 13th (we are 7th)

This numbers really makes him look good. Let's see how this story/gossip will end.

Potters teams have great underlying statistics (both defensive and attacking), that’s why he is popular now, if he can provide a system that maintains that level of quality output in a team with talented forwards, he is going to be a top, top manager. If Brighton had a genuine goal scorer, they could be much higher in the league, they make the chances, and qualify ones too. They also have one of the best defences in the league in terms of big chances conceded, they did last season too. 

He hasn’t had the players yet to say whether or not it will work at a high level, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will get a chance. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Not being funny, but I doubt there's many company CEOs who are 100% loved and adored.

Wherever I've worked there's always been a divide of two camps either loving or hating them.

and if everyone loved the ceo they would be accused of being weak or a poser.

Surely Susan Whelan will be acting and making decisions such as sacking Directors with the blessing or general support of Top …. 

Perhaps Top is frustrated with certain aspects of how the club operate and as part of his ambitions to elevate us, he has targeted improvements in key areas which can only be achieved with a certain element of change involved. 

in addition I very much doubt any of the players signed for a club that didn’t match their ambitions to play at the highest level or demonstrate they are a progressive forward thinking club, if people are being replaced because they are either under performing or not committed to the journey the club, it’s Senior Leadership and most importantly the owner wants to undertake then surely players accept that is part of the process just in the same way the calibre, profile and pedigree of player, Manager and coaching staff increase to match our ambitions. Not sure why that would destroy the morale at a club that has been on a journey of continual growth and improvement for well over a decade. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

I think Rodgers will go you know.

I'm not totally devastated, we probably have gone as far as we can with him. It's not clear who we could bring in to replace him though and that's what makes it a bit of a disaster.

We would have a contingency plan, no doubt about it. There are options out there and with his compensation package and release clause we could quite conceivably bring in a decent replacement.

40 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Potters teams have great underlying statistics (both defensive and attacking), that’s why he is popular now, if he can provide a system that maintains that level of quality output in a team with talented forwards, he is going to be a top, top manager. If Brighton had a genuine goal scorer, they could be much higher in the league, they make the chances, and qualify ones too. They also have one of the best defences in the league in terms of big chances conceded, they did last season too. 

He hasn’t had the players yet to say whether or not it will work at a high level, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will get a chance. 

Agree with all those points. 

He’s also really excellent at organising set pieces, both defensively and attacking. 

His teams do play great football. The way they move the opposition about to create clear chances to play forward is great. The current football they play is far better than ours. That said, I’m still 100% behind Rodgers. 

I think we have to accept that from this position we are probably going to regress as well. With Newcastle on the scene there's now 7 economically larger clubs (Man Utd and City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle) as well as a some a similar size to us (West Ham, Everton) so it's going to be really hard to keep chasing the top four. Tielemans is going to go. I think whoever comes in, if Rodgers goes, is going to need to be given some patient. Keeping us level with the 9 aforementioned clubs is going to be challenging.

6 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Surely Susan Whelan will be acting and making decisions such as sacking Directors with the blessing or general support of Top …. 

Perhaps Top is frustrated with certain aspects of how the club operate and as part of his ambitions to elevate us, he has targeted improvements in key areas which can only be achieved with a certain element of change involved. 

in addition I very much doubt any of the players signed for a club that didn’t match their ambitions to play at the highest level or demonstrate they are a progressive forward thinking club, if people are being replaced because they are either under performing or not committed to the journey the club, it’s Senior Leadership and most importantly the owner wants to undertake then surely players accept that is part of the process just in the same way the calibre, profile and pedigree of player, Manager and coaching staff increase to match our ambitions. Not sure why that would destroy the morale at a club that has been on a journey of continual growth and improvement for well over a decade. 

....it is quite easy that one person, positioned in a place of power, can undermine the morale of a business!!!

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....it is quite easy that one person, positioned in a place of power, can undermine the morale of a business!!!

All I am saying is that she has been with the club for a number of years and I very much doubt her persona or management style has changed that much in that time, in addition I am also saying that the club has changed beyond recognition since Top and Vichai purchased the club and there has never been murmurs of discontent at any kind of level especially amongst the players because of the ownership or how the club is managed off the pitch.

Another angle could be this is being fed by Rodgers team to justify a decision if he were to leave. Surely if the players were pissed off but 100% behind Brendan they would be busting a gut to perform for him. Something doesn’t quite add up in all of this.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

It is never a disaster losing a manager who has done well. Brian Little walked out, we were soon getting top half  finishes in the Premier. Martin O’Neill walked out, we won the title 16 years later. Sometimes a refresh can even be a good thing.

Hindsight is also never the same thing as patience  lol

Sounds silly to say after he's overseen the most consistently successful period of our history but I wouldn't be overly bothered if Rodgers left, I've had the feeling for some time this would be his last season at Leicester City.

The best thing Newcastle could do is keep Bruce until the end of the season and get a DoF to buy a load of top footballers in January. A preseason with top players will be a lot more attractive than trying to turn them around mid season.