Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Lets be honest the only reason people saying they would have Potter is because they look at the table today, what's the guy done to warrent saying i'd have him over Rodgers? Finished 15th then 16th in his 2 seasons in the Prem & don't give it the he's working on a show string because there are no hard up teams in the premiership they all have money & Brighton are fishing in the same pond as us, they have spent around the £60m in both the last seasons.
It was the same last year when people opened the paper & saw Southampton above us, ooh i'd take Ralph Huss etc etc i notice his name isn't being mentioned now & why..because they are below us it's as simple as that.

Brighton & Brentford are going great but week in week out they play the same 11, that will soon change due to injuries, suspensions, court cases & individual form, in another 8-10 games we will start to see a balancing out of positions in the same way we saw last season with Southampton & Villa.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

£16m release clause that seems a bit low? 

It's massive for a manager but you're right. I'd argue that a world class manager is more important than any player and £16m gets you just over half of an Ayoze Perez.

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Yes, but it's not as he needs the money is it though?

He’s not walking into a top top job. He might think that this is a chance to prove he can fully turn a team around and get paid a **** tonne to do it.

All this speculation is making me thing were gonna get humiliated on Saturday. Manager distracted, players out of form, air of negativity amongst a lot of fans. Can't see it going well. 

Hope Rodgers doesn't go. Hope he doesn't get his head turned by money and continues to stick out the project with us. The way he left Celtic for us doesn't make for good hope that he does stay but I think seeing all this speculation is making me thing he is actually ready to go... 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’ll lose all respect for the man if he leaves for Newcastle….. it is the most literal “left for money” example you could ever find. 

He literally joined us to follow money.

If anyone didn't see him doing this at some point after his entire career up to that point then you must have your eyes glued shut.

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

I’ll lose all respect for the man if he leaves for Newcastle….. it is the most literal “left for money” example you could ever find. 

Or just a realisation that Newcastle can probably get to the top of the game now. Albeit the reason is money but that's football. 

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Lets be honest the only reason people saying they would have Potter is because they look at the table today, what's the guy done to warrent saying i'd have him over Rodgers? Finished 15th then 16th in his 2 seasons in the Prem & don't give it the he's working on a show string because there are no hard up teams in the premiership they all have money & Brighton are fishing in the same pond as us, they have spent around the £60m in both the last seasons.
It was the same last year when people opened the paper & saw Southampton above us, ooh i'd take Ralph Huss etc etc i notice his name isn't being mentioned now & why..because they are below us it's as simple as that.

Brighton & Brentford are going great but week in week out they play the same 11, that will soon change due to injuries, suspensions, court cases & individual form, in another 8-10 games we will start to see a balancing out of positions in the same way we saw last season with Southampton & Villa.

Brighton's underlying numbers have been brilliant for 2-3 seasons now, unfashionable Brighton are getting the ball down and outplaying some much bigger names, they also create a myriad of chances, I'd like to see what he could do when given elite finishers like Kelechi and Vardy

We've changed alot behind the scenes under Rodgers, some requested by him. If he goes, he takes a big chunk of it with him. 

We missed our chance at the top 4, and I see us falling into the 6th-12th pack now. That's no failure, but maybe its time for a refresh.