Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's still in our hands guys chin up

Absolutely, however the performances over the last few weeks suggest we absolutely aren't up to it. The team lacks steel/resolve, and the manager seems unwilling or unable to adapt as circumstances change.

We almost have to ignore the final and go all-out on Tuesday, as another capitulation like last night would destroy any confidence for Wembley anyway.

• Like 1

Rodgers has put us on an upward trajectory since his tenure began, however, his character will be tested here. Lose the Cup Final and we are going to be in a rot going into those last four games. Imo, he needs to show some mettle and publicly criticise performances like last night, none of this ‘we could have scored five goals’ - fire the players up and let them know the expectation because these final few weeks are fvcking crucial. 

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

23 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's still in our hands guys chin up

This.

But Brendan needs to look at his own mistakes - in picking players out of form and not using a CB to replace Jonny. These mistakes he could have acknowledged  ...without just blaming young player for making mistakes.  He need to accept errors and determine to do better. I don't want him to be perfect - but I would like him to be honest

Now we have some tough points to win and he need to avoid such silly mistakes and pick teams with inform player who fit together.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Rodgers has put us on an upward trajectory since his tenure began, however, his character will be tested here. Lose the Cup Final and we are going to be in a rot going into those last four games. Imo, he needs to show some mettle and publicly criticise performances like last night, none of this ‘we could have scored five goals’ - fire the players up and let them know the expectation because these final few weeks are fvcking crucial. 

He needs at least one of the cup or champions league qual. to go in his favour.

If both go against him he may not recover from it.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

IF we miss out on the top 4 I wouldn’t want him to go but I wouldn’t be distraught if he left for someone else. Not because I don’t rate him, I rate him very highly, but I just think the circumstances of the two collapses will weigh too heavy next season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

He needs at least one of the cup or champions league qual. to go in his favour.

If both go against him then there he may not recover from it.

I fully agree with that. Albeit harsh but I think he’d be judged a failure if neither go in our favour. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I think you mean 2 games...

• Haha 1

Seriously, There's not much wrong that Brendan can't fix with a good Window.

He's presently hampered by the depth of our Squad. We can moan all we like

the fact is the Team is short a bit of quality and the squad lacks a little depth.

The loss of Harvey with his pace and directness is proving a big loss and we're having to try different ways. That's something Brendan can't do anything about until the TF window.

However sometimes I think he forgets the job is to win matches. As I've said before the how doesn't matter. He needs to be more pragmatic and forget total football at times.

He's an excellent Coach but he lacks Ranieri's or O'neills rallying cry or magical Speeches before big games which very often got the players mentally in the right place.

If he can't do that then he should just get in someone who can on match Days.

As much as I disagree with some of his approach I wouldn't be rushing to get rid of him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I might have an opportunity to ask him a couple of questions at some point in the next few weeks, what should I ask?

Why isn't he addressing the Balance or structure within the Team.

Why does he insist with a system when it clearly isn't working.

Why does Substitutions take so long in games where we are struggling or a player is struggling.

Why are set pieces so poor and the return from them even worse.

Why is our positioning at set pieces and corners so poor. We rarely pick up second Balls.

Why isn't Kasper encouraged to come off his line especially in the area. 

This will do for starters I'm sure others will add a few more.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I might have an opportunity to ask him a couple of questions at some point in the next few weeks, what should I ask?

Did you catch Dennis Praet banging your wife?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Why isn't he addressing the Balance or structure within the Team.

Why does he insist with a system when it clearly isn't working.

Why does Substitutions take so long in games where we are struggling or a player is struggling.

Why are set pieces so poor and the return from them even worse.

Why is our positioning at set pieces and corners so poor. We rarely pick up second Balls.

Why isn't Kasper encouraged to come off his line especially in the area. 

This will do for starters I'm sure others will add a few more.

Better than my “Brendan, why are you doing this shit to me again?”

Edited by Ricey
  • Haha 1

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but do you think maybe Rodgers is off to Spurs and some players are aware of this I may have down tools to play for him? The unity doesn’t seem to be there as it once was. I haven’t seen this anywhere so I’m stating it as fact it’s just a theory that may be something? 
I’m not sure if Spurs would sack a manager without having someone lined up and there is talk that this person is lined for end of season? That could be Brendan and it could explain unrest in the camp? 
If Leicester were to miss out again nothing says “taking a club as far as they can go” Than that? 
like I said I’m just questioning if this could be a factor? 

11 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Better than my “Brendan, why are you doing this shit to me again?”

In all seriousness, I'd love to hear what he has to say on these issues.

Some are just Coaching issues yet continue to cause us problems.

Others require different players which I understand takes time to fix.

1 minute ago, DezFox said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but do you think maybe Rodgers is off to Spurs and some players are aware of this I may have down tools to play for him? The unity doesn’t seem to be there as it once was. I haven’t seen this anywhere so I’m stating it as fact it’s just a theory that may be something? 
I’m not sure if Spurs would sack a manager without having someone lined up and there is talk that this person is lined for end of season? That could be Brendan and it could explain unrest in the camp? 
If Leicester were to miss out again nothing says “taking a club as far as they can go” Than that? 

I didn't but I do now! 

:frantics::frantics::frantics:

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Would be an absolute joke, with cup final and so close to top 4, if he goes to Spurs at the end of the season, I would rather he just stepped down now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

He needs to take a long hard look at himself also!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that the unity doesn't seem to be there as it once was?

And Rodgers has publicly ruled himself out of the running for the Spurs job so...

• Like 2