Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

30 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Not sure how you've come to the conclusion that the unity doesn't seem to be there as it once was?

And Rodgers has publicly ruled himself out of the running for the Spurs job so...

The conclusion was made on the form of certain players and results. He also publicly ruled himself out almost word for word as he did when he was at Celtic? 

Just now, LaCiudad said:

Every single bookmakers has Rodgers as favourite to go to Spurs. Could it be the players already know?

Screenshot_20210508-145733.jpg

Know what? The bookies have him as favourite for another job? What does that mean exactly? Are the bookies always right? 

We've had two poor results and performances, not ten.

Just now, Fox92 said:

Know what? The bookies have him as favourite for another job? What does that mean exactly? Are the bookies always right? 

For every bookies to have him as favourite with short odds means it's highly likely.

2 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

For every bookies to have him as favourite with short odds means it's highly likely.

Does it or do they just follow each other's odds?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Does it or do they just follow each other's odds?

They follow each other’s, Rodgers is seen as a top manager doing great things at leicester, forgetting recent form, so naturally will be linked to a bigger job. It basically means nothing 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

They follow each other’s, Rodgers is seen as a top manager doing great things at leicester, forgetting recent form, so naturally will be linked to a bigger job. It basically means nothing 

Apart from the fact that bookies turn millions of pounds of profit every year. They do not do that 'by knowing nothing'. 

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Apart from the fact that bookies turn millions of pounds of profit every year. They do not do that 'by knowing nothing'. 

Well it comes down to people putting money on it too, they may have some knowledge but it is far from reliable. 3/1 isn’t short enough either for me to get worried. They move on trends, so as stated Rodgers is sort after

Edited by foxes_rule1978

3 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

Something about character, then claps a lot 

...just watching Pep giving a team talk before the players go out and you feel you want to go to bed!!!

He just goes on and on about the same thing and the players are just looking out the corner of their eyes to each other, hoping that he is about to finish. Either it is about the mentality of the players they have, because there is no adverse effect on their performances, but you would think that it is a combination of team talk and the vibes he gives off that sets us up to play with fear, effectively going through the motions.

53 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Then sponsor media outlets such as TalkSPORT to propagate the rumours this feeding the entire process. One has to discard the machine and believe what Brendan goes on record as saying otherwise we as fans are adding more fuel to the made up fire and just may help it become reality as the media starts quoting ‘Leicester fans’ fears’

1 hour ago, LaCiudad said:

Every single bookmakers has Rodgers as favourite to go to Spurs. Could it be the players already know?

Screenshot_20210508-145733.jpg

One word. Preki.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Interesting. What other job do the bookies have him favourite for?

8 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Interesting. What other job do the bookies have him favourite for?

Dunno, I don't look, you posted the screenshot. I was partly asking genuine questions because I don't know if him being favourite for a job means it will happen. Wasn't he favourite for the Arsenal job prior to Arteta joining?

Your point I didn't agree with was "do the players know". He's been linked with Spurs for the past month, not just the last two games, I don't think it has anything to do with our recent two performances.

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Dunno, I don't look, you posted the screenshot. I was partly asking genuine questions because I don't know if him being favourite for a job means it will happen. Wasn't he favourite for the Arsenal job prior to Arteta joining?

Your point I didn't agree with was "do the players know". He's been linked with Spurs for the past month, not just the last two games, I don't think it has anything to do with our recent two performances.

I think the point is that the players might have known he is actually going, not just linked, for the last two games.

I've been critical of Rodgers and his half time tactical bits or lack changes of after shite first half performances. Just done some quick stats to see amount of games we've actually come back to get something under him. It didn't seem a lot to me on the face of it.

I make it 22 times we've been losing at half time by varying score lines. 8 times have we come back and taken points out of the game 4 being wins.

I'm not suggesting that is good or bad because I haven't got any other stats of other managers. I heard a comment on the radio about yesterday, and it was said in the past some managers like Mourinho would pull two or even three players off at HT. Again I'm not saying that's the way forward but I don't know if we react well enough in the dressing room, yesterday we came out and didn't look much better at all. 

Although having said that I think there was another stat about us doing well from losing positions (not just half time) so maybe I'm thinking too much into it

• Like 1

Here is my comment, and I aim for it to be my only comment.

Last year I was one of those questioning Rodgers, I never came to the point I said he should be gone, but I made a few posts that said I wouldn't mind if he left.

My view has now changed, and I will try to explain why.

1 - He recovered from the bad run, its very rare I see managers recover from runs that last half a season, I expected him to be gone by Christmas, but he kept us in the top 4, and not only that told spurs to **** off.

2 - I came to realise we will not get better than Rodgers, sure another Raneiri might be out there, but its like looking for a needle in a haystack.

3 - I think over time we have improved, its gradual, but its there.  We got further into the season this year before looking shaky, are at a cup final, and are now better at dealing with presses.

4 - I can see a situation where we replace Rodgers, and we end up mid table or even fighting relegation, it can and has happened to other clubs, even ourselves from MON to Taylor.

Ultimately we are overachieving, the standards and expectations are up, but we are still achieving a lot even by been where we are.  The likes of Southampton, Palace, Burnley, Villa etc. would absolutely love to be where we are.  They would swap with us in a heartbeat I reckon.

Yes he makes tactical bluffs, and sometimes his selection raises questions, but ultimately over the long run he is doing well and player harmony seems to be good.

Now fingers crossed we win the FA cup and have a good end to the league season.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ricey said:

I might have an opportunity to ask him a couple of questions at some point in the next few weeks, what should I ask?

I know I keep going on about it but i'm genuinely baffled, confused and interested in why he lost his shit in the first half v West Brom yet reasonably happy, "proud" and lets performances 'go' like last night and last week - perhaps he doesn't behind closed doors, as has been documented he apparently doesn't agree with or like to show his frustrations on the touchline but yet he was so openly and visably pissed off, i'd go as far as seething with the West Brom performances.

I'm not sure if you could ask that or how to word it in another way.

Edited by Matt

Guest SO1
4 hours ago, Ricey said:

I might have an opportunity to ask him a couple of questions at some point in the next few weeks, what should I ask?

Hope its in a private setting and that you learn something interesting to teach us. Say thank you:D from me.

You're a lucky man. What I'd give to stand on a training pitch and watch/learn about the game from him and his coaches. Enjoy the moment!

4 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Why isn't he addressing the Balance or structure within the Team.

How? There aren't the players in the squad or fit to make any changes

Why does he insist with a system when it clearly isn't working.

Change to what? We literally have no fit left sided players

Why does Substitutions take so long in games where we are struggling or a player is struggling.

Fair point, although again, who do we bring on?

Why are set pieces so poor and the return from them even worse.

Maddison is crap at corners

Why is our positioning at set pieces and corners so poor. We rarely pick up second Balls.

Fair point

Why isn't Kasper encouraged to come off his line especially in the area. 

Kasper isn't the problem with this team

This will do for starters I'm sure others will add a few more.

Added answers in the quote