Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton away pre-match

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Baffled and concerned that Luke Thomas is getting another run. 

10 International level and/or elite level players plus a promising lad out the youth team who's light years away from that sort of standard

Should only be even considered in an emergency,  imo

It's not especially baffling I don't think. The alternatives - Justin injured, Ricardo not back at his best yet, Castagne visibly more effective on the right.

• Like 1

I would be quite happy to never again hear anyone nattering on about the 0-9 match, especially every time we play Southampton.

It happened, it was a freak event, we set a record.  All good, move on.

On the subject of today's match, I am optimistic.  It will be tougher than many seem to be anticipating, but I believe we have the necessary fortitude to prevail.  1 - 2 Leicester.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Got to laugh at Sky purposefully moving this game to a Friday night again so they can harp on about the 0-9 even more.

Having been bored and fed up of Sky droning on about our collapse last season for the 17th time in the first half on Monday night, heaven knows how Saints fans will feel at the endless references to that match.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

10 International level and/or elite level players plus a promising lad out the youth team who's light years away from that sort of standard

Ricardo was poor on the left and not much better as a wing back on the right. When he's fully fit and played in his best position that will be the best time to judge him though I think. Castagne is better in the right wing back role but although he can do a job on the left he appears a bit nullified. Therefore best option for him on the right and Thomas, a natural left footer on the left. I think bar one game he's done well, particularly when behind Barnes. In the last match, like any other, we are unaware of Rodgers orders for him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Xen said:

They'll absolutely have at least one person in their backroom team who has more than a passing interest in FPL, and SFE/Samuel Martin are pretty well known in those circles for precisely this reason - leaking the team early before the deadline (as the tweet alludes to). They absolutely will be aware of it, and even if they dont act on it its still advantageous for them to know.

It might well have very little influence over a game like this, but if things like lineups are being leaked it might make you wonder if any other information is exchanging hands as well (potentially out of the public eye, like transfer targets being given to other clubs) that could be having a negative impact on the club.

Ralph Hassunhutel will have known all week what team/system he would be playing against us. Not waiting on a tweet from a Leicester fan account to take it as gospel before deciding 😂. It has no impact whatsoever. It is Samuel Martin and his 15k Leicester City followers, not Sky Sports millions where itd become public knowledge

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

If they are asking for Volunteers for a firing-squad.....Please Let me be the First in line...!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

This leaking the team news business 4 hours before the game really grips me.

Can someone with twitter message these plonkers to not leak the team news when its the FA Cup? I’m sure they can live without internet points for 1 day. 

I mean they shouldn’t be leaking it before the game anyway, but leaking it for a final would really benefit the opposition. 

I can't remember whether it was Roy Keane who said that there were certain fixtures during the season which, for whatever reason, didn't require a pep-talk from the gaffer - and that players always turned up for those.

This is certainly one of those for the Southampton lads, especially as most of them were there last season. 

Something to be mindful of - and I'm sure BR would have brought it up. 

2 minutes ago, HitchinFox said:

I can't remember whether it was Roy Keane who said that there were certain fixtures during the season which, for whatever reason, didn't require a pep-talk from the gaffer - and that players always turned up for those.

This is certainly one of those for the Southampton lads, especially as most of them were there last season. 

Something to be mindful of - and I'm sure BR would have brought it up. 

So you don’t think Brendan comes into the changing room with a big brash “Lads. it Saints” then?  lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Thought Ricardo might get the nod as per the semi final but can fully understand an unchanged team.

With due respect to Luke Thomas, and no criticism intended, it's obvious why we're looking at a proven LWB. 

Agree.

Thomas is a good player but we seem to have raised the bar so high that being a good player is not enough. 

No reason why Thomas won't be first choice in the future though if he develops well. 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 1