Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton away pre-match

The last three games against S'hampton since the 0-9 have been very close, tough, hard fought matches. Can't see this one being any different especially seeing how sluggish we looked in the first half against Palace. It will help greatly if Madders can get a shot on target. Baby goal celebrations all round. 

:fc: no new injuries and 3 points. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I actually hate it. 

It's completely counter productive. It's literally helping the opponents of the club you pretend to support just to get praise or attention or whatever on the Internet. 

These people aren't fans of the club, they're fans of themselves. 

Having had what, 9 days to prepare for this match, do you think Southampton will be changing their tactics 4 hours before kick off, because they may or may not see that we are lining up the same as we have done for the last 2 games?

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I actually hate it. 

It's completely counter productive. It's literally helping the opponents of the club you pretend to support just to get praise or attention or whatever on the Internet. 

Don't talk about Rodgers like that

17 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

We really should win this, they have had a torrid time in the last few months. 

Should...does not exsist..

Torrid can be obligingly turned,  We are the Club for the people....though hopefully  tonight,

the Saints bless us and Sacrifice themselves for the good..!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Having had what, 9 days to prepare for this match, do you think Southampton will be changing their tactics 4 hours before kick off, because they may or may not see that we are lining up the same as we have done for the last 2 games?

Football clubs use every bit of information they can to get ahead, some hide in bushes with binoculars. IF clubs knew of the leaks, we'd be naive to think someone might not use that information if they have it. 

5 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Small incremental advantage for them with no positives for us.

What about the West Ham away team on Boxing Day last season, someone wants fuching at the club letting out sensitive information.

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I actually hate it. 

Ahh yes, because Ralph Hasenhuttl and the Southampton coaching staff have the tweets of well known Leicester twitter fan account ‘Samuel Martin’ bookmarked before deciding what team to put out dont they🤔

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Do I think it makes an enormous amount of difference? No. 

Do I think any Premier League manager would particularly want their line up announced well before kick off? No. 

Do I stand by the point that the pricks doing it care more about themselves than the club? Yep. 

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Do I think it makes an enormous amount of difference? No. 

Do I think any Premier League manager would particularly want their line up announced well before kick off? No. 

Do I stand by the point that the pricks doing it care more about themselves than the club? Yep. 

I'd agree on the last point tbh but I don't really care about the team being leaked. Hasn't exactly hindered us over the last couple of seasons. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxinsocks said:

I don't think do either... but he needs to gee himself up.  On monday perez looked lively 

Yes..he did, unlike some I like Perez and Hope he stays next season,he hustles & bustles in those awkward areas,

and despite last weeks  hiccup in Front of goal (Vardy missed 3 ). up Front he gets in Good positions, and Now just needs

that Fresh Touch Nacho found...

Jesus..if Perez could find that Clinical Touch after his slalom  runs...!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Baffled and concerned that Luke Thomas is getting another run. 

10 International level and/or elite level players plus a promising lad out the youth team who's light years away from that sort of standard

Should only be even considered in an emergency,  imo

This post has left me baffled and concerned :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes..he did, unlike some I like Perez and Hope he stays next season,he hustles & bustles in those awkward areas,

and despite last weeks  hiccup in Front of goal (Vardy missed 3 ). up Front he gets in Good positions, and Now just needs

that Fresh Touch Nacho found...

Jesus..if Perez could find that Clinical Touch after his slalom  runs...!!

He gets in the right places... my wish is that he spent time in the gym to increase his upper body strength

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Ahh yes, because Ralph Hasenhuttl and the Southampton coaching staff have the tweets of well known Leicester twitter fan account ‘Samuel Martin’ bookmarked before deciding what team to put out dont they🤔

They'll absolutely have at least one person in their backroom team who has more than a passing interest in FPL, and SFE/Samuel Martin are pretty well known in those circles for precisely this reason - leaking the team early before the deadline (as the tweet alludes to). They absolutely will be aware of it, and even if they dont act on it its still advantageous for them to know.

It might well have very little influence over a game like this, but if things like lineups are being leaked it might make you wonder if any other information is exchanging hands as well (potentially out of the public eye, like transfer targets being given to other clubs) that could be having a negative impact on the club.