Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Tammy Abraham

39 minutes ago, happy85 said:

Matt law of the telegraph reporting Leicester are interested in Tammy Abraham

Chelsea are willing to offload for £40m 

I'd prefer that to go closer to £30, but wouldn't grumble at that price. Edouard looks a better value for money deal.

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I like Tammy Abraham, always interviews well and seems like a guy who could fit in well with our team camaraderie.

He would offer us something a little different as well.

Only 23 and 40m for an England striker seems to be reasonable.

21 goals in 57 Chelsea appearances is not a bad scoring ratio.

Look, you heard it here first, but if we sign Tammy both of his legs will fall off in a freak trolley accident in Morrison’s. You know it’s true. 

• Haha 1

Our problem is , for years , any quality striker would not come here to play second fiddle to Vardy. When we played , for so long , one up front that made it doubly difficult. Those days appear to be coming to an end so we look more attractive. The Champions League will also be a major draw. The biggest problem now is lack of proven candidates. I struggle to name five youngish strikers in Europe of the right quality.

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Our problem is , for years , any quality striker would not come here to play second fiddle to Vardy. When we played , for so long , one up front that made it doubly difficult. Those days appear to be coming to an end so we look more attractive. The Champions League will also be a major draw. The biggest problem now is lack of proven candidates. I struggle to name five youngish strikers in Europe of the right quality.

We are moving past this now I think.  Vardy is of an age where he cannot possibly play every game.  A 23 year old on a 4-5 year contract is not going to worry too much about that, especially if we are in the CL.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Malen is mustard

• Like 1

I think I've said this before but Abraham is a donkey. Certainly not a winning player and falls over like bambi. Can score some goals but really not all that reliable. He's a midtable striker at best 

• Like 4

If you want the real deal , and not potential , you have to look at those candidates playing in the five top leagues. Almost all of them are over or nearly thirty. I really think this search for a striker is the most important business we have to do for the future of the club at the top level. Barnes and Iheanacho have given us the chance to take a slight risk but we have to be very careful.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

£40m for Tammy Abraham lol yet another example of the superb value for money that comes with buying from within the Premier League

It shows you that Mbappe or Harland would fetch 150 million at least.

Abraham for maybe £30 million might be a better bet than Edouard who has not played at as high a level. Agree £40 million for a fringe player even at Chelsea is pushing it a bit. The Chelsea manager clearly doesn't rate him although I can see Brendan getting him to move up a level. Whether Chelsea will sell to ourselves I don't know they might prefer that he goes to Villa etc.

I do believe we need another striker as Vardy is struggling to get back to his best and Iheanacho has only just reached his potential. However I don't think Abraham would get straight into the team anyway. We still have an issue at right wing to sort out as well and we will need to be in the Champions League to afford to recruit in both positions IMO.

• Like 1

I do worry a bit now about buying strikers for lots of money that haven’t quite made it at big clubs. We’ve arrived at a position where a striker who’s not good enough for the greedy six - probably won’t be good enough for us. That situation was different when top ten would be our stretch target.

Liverpool must still be laughing about the amounts they’ve got for Solanke and Brewster. Iheanacho may have fallen into a similar category before he became the new messiah.

Abraham? For me he falls a bit into the: “offers something different” category and would be a useful player. You’d build your transfer strategy around a player bought for a fee of £40m and not just because they might be useful squad additions. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Look, you heard it here first, but if we sign Tammy both of his legs will fall off in a freak trolley accident in Morrison’s. You know it’s true. 

You’re confusing him with Matty James. Rookie error. 

2 hours ago, LVocey said:

I'd prefer that to go closer to £30, but wouldn't grumble at that price. Edouard looks a better value for money deal.

I think they'll reject that personally.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

We all have opinions, but at £30m I’d snap your hand off to get Abraham in the squad. We paid that for Perez!!! At £40m ?? Hmmm. It’s a starting point to negotiate down from. 

And we were royally screwed.

Perez should never be the benchmark for a successful transfer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jobyfox said:

I do worry a bit now about buying strikers for lots of money that haven’t quite made it at big clubs. We’ve arrived at a position where a striker who’s not good enough for the greedy six - probably won’t be good enough for us. That situation was different when top ten would be our stretch target.

Liverpool must still be laughing about the amounts they’ve got for Solanke and Brewster. Iheanacho may have fallen into a similar category before he became the new messiah.

Abraham? For me he falls a bit into the: “offers something different” category and would be a useful player. You’d build your transfer strategy around a player bought for a fee of £40m and not just because they might be useful squad additions. 

Perhaps, but I see this situation a little differently.  Chelsea went hard last summer with the new signings and they want to play them into form. I dont think its a slight on Abraham and quite frankly he'd be doing much better than Werner is currently.  This is the same club that wouldnt give Lukaku a chance.

Edouard imo is a much better prospect than Abraham but if we couldnt get him and ended up with Tammy, I would be okay with that. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Tammy Abraham? 

At one time we used to regularly sign Chelsea players who were 'surplus to requirements'. Didn't work out too shabby, really.....

Best player ever, Kieth Weller,

The brilliant Chris Garland, 

Star midfielder Steve Kember,

Club icon, Birchenall (via CPFC)

and David Webb.

• Like 1