Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

19 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

"race still open" lol not much of a race when nobody can be arsed to cross the start line let alone get to the finish. 

At this point it's a shambles. I'm glad it's happening. It's a gift in a year of troubles. 

45 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

"race still open" lol not much of a race when nobody can be arsed to cross the start line let alone get to the finish. 

They think it’ll become a sack race after a few weeks.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Except he didn't at Chelsea. 

He never got a chance to be fair to him 

4 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

whats with the drinkwater hate? if u go onto his wiki it says DD made 12 appearances and scored 9000 goals

No hate at all, just found it funny. 

And so it begins.

If Spurs don't have a new manager by July 1st, I can see Kane and his agent pushing for this. 

Sterling, Laporte and Jesus would be those under discussion. 

Edited by UniFox21

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And so it begins.

If Spurs don't have a new manager by July 1st, I can see Kane and his agent pushing for this. 

Honestly amazed anyone would want to spend money on someone who is currently terrified of a recurring injury and has had one shot in two games at an international tournament in a favourable group.

Odds on him staying at Spurs look great to me, but i'm sure we will still have a summer of the above. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Honestly amazed anyone would want to spend money on someone who is currently terrified of a recurring injury and has had one shot in two games at an international tournament in a favourable group.

Odds on him staying at Spurs look great to me, but i'm sure we will still have a summer of the above. 

He's a striker that guarantees you those 20+ goals a season and mucks in with a lot of assists. 

But you're spot on, he is constantly getting an ankle or hamstring injury a year. Maybe that could be managed better at Man City? 

You then have to argue if Kane's style of dropping into that CF/10 role would suit Man City, given KDB and an inside forward usually operate in that space. 

It also seems odd as the "traditional" number 9 is something Pep is probably more divorced from than any other manager around.  All season he basically played exclusively midfield/insider forward type players to the exclusion of a striker.  I'm not going to knock Kane as, despite the fun in throwing spice at Spurs, he's an outstanding striker, I just don't see him as Man City's solution.  No doubt, as per, I'll be proved wrong and he'll do what Van Persie did when he went to united, but just doesn't seem the right fit for that price given Pep's "philosophy".

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Kane got 23 goals and 14 assists in the league for a poor Spurs team last season - scary to think of the figures he could get in a Man City side

That's where he is the complete conductor and lead man of that side. He has his region he operates in and no one comes into that region minus him. In Man City that area is occupied or utilised by a lot of players.  But obviously they've been played a false 9 all year so it could be incredible.

24 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And so it begins.

Sterling, Laporte and Jesus would be those under discussion. 

if true Man City at least look a serious outfit trying to do business. Unlike Man United who are a clown club.

I have no idea why Levy wouldn't take the money and Laporte.

51 minutes ago, AjcW said:

They are used to that with Aguero.