Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! Paves the way for Edie Howe to go to Everton, whom he supports.

Good news for us if true. Whilst we are disappointed not to break the top 4, getting top 5 two seasons in a row is a seriously impressive achievement given you have teams like Wolves, Everton, Villa as well as Spurs / Arsenal who all either spend more than us or are historically a bigger draw for players. Everton's owner certainly isn't afraid to throw money at the problem, but I doubt they can get a better manager than Ancelotti... unless they grease Antonio Conte's hands!?

Can’t imagine Conte would go Everton after winning the Scudetto, more likely to end up at Spurs or he could easily wait it out until Christmas and go to the first big club that sacks their manager

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Square 2 isn't exactly going well for them is it, i'm sure plenty of their fans will be delighted to see him go and get in someone more attack minded.

Weirdly they all think he's amazing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

Can’t imagine Conte would go Everton after winning the Scudetto, more likely to end up at Spurs or he could easily wait it out until Christmas and go to the first big club that sacks their manager

If he goes to Spurs its because Levy 100% flat out lies to him (or sells Kane and reinvest it all) and he'll leave next summer when he realises there's either no or no more money coming. 

It's extremely possible Conte will wind up without a job come the start of the season because he'll hold out waiting for the top table. 

Ancellotti is one of the best paid managers in the league. For that reason, Everton were never going to sack him. They've literally finished lower than they did under Allardyce both seasons that Ancellotti has been there. 

Edited by BenTheFox

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Chill out man.

Given your response I'd ask do you have trouble getting over your exes?

My bad.

How dare I speak ill of the little bastard 

giphy.gif

Wonder if he's sitting at the airport, waiting on that trade from Man City to Barcelona? 

29 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

There's no way Conte goes to a team outside the absolute elite. He left Inter because they weren't able to match his ambitions having just won the league. 

He's looking for one of the mega clubs, where he'll be backed in the market to the extent of signing elite players to go to the late stages of the Champions League. 

29 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah agreed, he only left Inter because they have to sell player, and Conte is looking to prove he can win the won competition that has evaded him in league football so far.

Still it once again shows you how good a job Vichai and Top have done with Leicester. So, so lucky to have them.

Ancellotti has probably under-achieved but the points total would've been 7th or 8th most seasons I believe. But from Carlo to Howe is a bit of a come down lol If it happened. 

It would be a big opportunity for Howe. It would feel a bit weird saying Howe will play better football. 

59 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Whilst we are disappointed not to break the top 4, getting top 5 two seasons in a row is a seriously impressive achievement given you have teams like Wolves, Everton, Villa as well as Spurs / Arsenal who all either spend more than us or are historically a bigger draw for players.

Those words should be injected into every supporter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Really are a strange lot aren’t they, forgetting Carlo will probably already be in Spain lol (although I imagine it is probably satire)

Edited by moore_94