Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

5 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Everton fan (or journo I’m not sure) is close to tears on talksport. He made a good point though “Everton, we are the team that just can’t have nice things” haha 

Genuinely baffles me how a club can chuck that much money into the pitch activities and still sit mid table. 

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

He would absolutely consider and take I'd imagine but can't see Everton making that choice. 

I completely agree, it just felt like it could be an eminently sensible move for all parties (Excluding Burnley obviously) but suspect Everton management or fans would not see this as a tolerable option

2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Thought he left Wolves because he missed his wife and family back in Portugal?

Mind you, after a few weeks maybe he misses the single life again....

Wolves fans seem to think he was sacked but they just worded the statement kindly to appear more amicable.

Would be a great appointment from Palaces point of view i think.

1 hour ago, peach0000 said:

There’s lots of rumours about bad stuff happening behind the scenes at Everton. Over spending, having to take out big loans to cover losses. Investigations into over spending. I think Carlo has jumped before things went bad and Everton were happy to see him go as they couldn’t afford him.

Things must have been bad if he's jumped ship to go to Madrid. He's managed the big clubs (including Real) before, so it's not as if it's the once in the lifetime opportunity. And if he flops in Madrid he'd be sacked as quick as any other manager. Maybe he just prefers a sunnier climate? 

4 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Wolves fans seem to think he was sacked but they just worded the statement kindly to appear more amicable.

Would be a great appointment from Palaces point of view i think.

Great appointment for Palace, but you'd question it from Nuno's point of view. Especially with Everton now being available.

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

There has been an unusual amount of managerial changes this end of season hasn't there? 

I think it’s more the case that last season was the unusual pattern - where every club went into the season with the same manager they had at the end of the previous one.

6 minutes ago, Koke said:

Most deluded fan base in the league bar none. 

Why is there a lure of Merseyside for him? He went there to manage Liverpool, not admire the place.

Plus being ex-Liverpool he'd need to be near-on perfect or the fans will turn.

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

I assumed you were implying we should buy Phil Foden cos he's best on the right wing? 

Haha no, it was being discussed which wing he has played most on so I was just showing he’d mainly been playing on the left this season