Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Can't see where Grealish fits in at Man City. They have Foden for the left. I don't know how Sterling has lasted this long under Pep to be honest, considering how frustrated he gets with other players. But who can afford to take Sterling off them? 

Man City need a striker, a central midfielder (but not Tielemans) and improve the full back positions before signing Grealish. 

You know Pep though... he loves collecting forwards... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Bit of an overreaction this 

Which part ?

in my small brain, disappearing to the airport hoping for a trade constitutes not wanting to be here.

saying we held him back from going to Arsenal is also a sign to me that he didn’t want to be here.

Coming out after leaving and saying we held him back, and stunted his growth as a player, to me reads as badmouthing.

of course, I’m always willing to listen to a different viewpoint.

In terms of their recruitment and the fairly expansive way they play, Brentford have a lot of early-seasons Bournemouth about them.

They would be wise to retain the spine that got them up. What ultimately cost the cherries was bad replacements for the players from that squad that was a solid outfit in the first couple of years after promotion.

l

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

In terms of their recruitment and the fairly expansive way they play, Brentford have a lot of early-seasons Bournemouth about them.

They would be wise to retain the spine that got them up. What ultimately cost the cherries was bad replacements for the players from that squad that was a solid outfit in the first couple of years after promotion.

l

One thing you can almost guarantee Brentford will get right is recruitment. 

9 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

I think a lot of people are underestimating Brentford.

They're a very well run, progressive club. 

Out of the 3 sides promoted, I think they might well perform the best. 

Ivan Toney will not be scoring 32 goals next term.  Presumably they will be signing more Danes which could help them stay up. 

8 hours ago, marbles said:

Ridiculous 

just what every team needs.  A player that not only doesn’t want to be here, but one that badmouthed the team after leaving.

do you have this much trouble getting over your exes?

Chill out man.

Given your response I'd ask do you have trouble getting over your exes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

One thing you can almost guarantee Brentford will get right is recruitment. 

I'm unsure, they've hit it absolutely perfectly in the Championship. But, the Prem is a different ball game altogether. 

Whilst I don't doubt they could absolutely find some proper steals, it's almost a different category of player you have to look at and to get right 

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm unsure, they've hit it absolutely perfectly in the Championship. But, the Prem is a different ball game altogether. 

Whilst I don't doubt they could absolutely find some proper steals, it's almost a different category of player you have to look at and to get right 

Their recruitment model was under serious jeopardy if they didn't come up as the new transfer rules would have prevented them signing nearly all their foreign players that have done so well for them.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Their recruitment model was under serious jeopardy if they didn't come up as the new transfer rules would have prevented them signing nearly all their foreign players that have done so well for them.

I'm really looking forward to seeing who they bring in actually. Especially with Benrahma/Watkins/Mbuembo they've been scouted thoroughly and brought in to great success. Toney was ripping up each division, so wasn't as huge of a gamble. 

I'm hoping we get some detailed analysis of their successes in the transfer windows, how their system works etc by pundits, rather than the usual "Edwards at Liverpoooool is the absolute best". 

• Like 1

I'd imagine if Brentford can make it through the first season, that over 3-5 years they'll be challenging for European position regularly. We've already proved that good scouting and recruitment plays a huge part in a clubs success. There's not many better than Brentford

Gundogan was better than De Bruyne. 

Tielemans rudely overlooked. Grealish missed about 3 months. Soucek was alright but better than Youri? Nahh. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ancelotti apparently being looked at to go back to Real Madrid. Would love it to happen and see Everton and their mongy fans back to square one.

Square 2 isn't exactly going well for them is it, i'm sure plenty of their fans will be delighted to see him go and get in someone more attack minded.

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Tielemans rudely overlooked. Grealish missed about 3 months. Soucek was alright but better than Youri? Nahh. 

Probably give it to Dias myself, made a massive difference to the Man City defence after he joined

8 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Square 2 isn't exactly going well for them is it, i'm sure plenty of their fans will be delighted to see him go and get in someone more attack minded.

Definitely gonna be Nuno they get in lol

Does seem like Carlo may be off to Madrid though

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They've leaned towards players that will get the most votes/clicks

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Ancelotti apparently being looked at to go back to Real Madrid. Would love it to happen and see Everton and their mongy fans back to square one.

Keep Ancelotti at Everton and let them continue fo play negative turgid anti-football and finish 10th. Sign overrated players on huge contracts while they're at it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! Paves the way for Edie Howe to go to Everton, whom he supports.

Good news for us if true. Whilst we are disappointed not to break the top 4, getting top 5 two seasons in a row is a seriously impressive achievement given you have teams like Wolves, Everton, Villa as well as Spurs / Arsenal who all either spend more than us or are historically a bigger draw for players. Everton's owner certainly isn't afraid to throw money at the problem, but I doubt they can get a better manager than Ancelotti... unless they grease Antonio Conte's hands!?

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow! Didn't see that one coming! Paves the way for Edie Howe to go to Everton, whom he supports.

Good news for us if true. Whilst we are disappointed not to break the top 4, getting top 5 two seasons in a row is a seriously impressive achievement given you have teams like Wolves, Everton, Villa as well as Spurs / Arsenal who all either spend more than us or are historically a bigger draw for players. Everton's owner certainly isn't afraid to throw money at the problem, but I doubt they can get a better manager than Ancelotti... unless they grease Antonio Conte's hands!?

There's no way Conte goes to a team outside the absolute elite. He left Inter because they weren't able to match his ambitions having just won the league. 

He's looking for one of the mega clubs, where he'll be backed in the market to the extent of signing elite players to go to the late stages of the Champions League. 

• Like 2