Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2021/22 Thread

7 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

There’s lots of rumours about bad stuff happening behind the scenes at Everton. Over spending, having to take out big loans to cover losses. Investigations into over spending. I think Carlo has jumped before things went bad and Everton were happy to see him go as they couldn’t afford him.

There’s a comment on the Guardian’s Cags article about how our recruitment being good is despite Walsh, rather than because of him, because he went to Goodison and blew £150m in 18 months. 

If they can’t stick with Steve Walsh and make a success out of him there’s something wrong with the whole structure of the club, not Walsh. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

There’s a comment on the Guardian’s Cags article about how our recruitment being good is despite Walsh, rather than because of him, because he went to Goodison and blew £150m in 18 months. 

If they can’t stick with Steve Walsh and make a success out of him there’s something wrong with the whole structure of the club, not Walsh. 

I think they got it completely wrong with Walsh in making him a DoF, his specialty was spotting the players rather than actually signing them

Although it could just be Everton because the bloke they replaced him with (Brands) has been pretty bad as well

• Like 2

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Yeah let’s leave a club who I’ve just won the FA Cup with for a club who last won it in 1995. 

In fact, let’s leave a club whose 80% of trophy wins have come in the 26 years since Everton last won one... lol

• Haha 3

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

There has been an unusual amount of managerial changes this end of season hasn't there? 

I think it’s down to the odd season we’ve had and the more traditionally successful clubs not having the success they feel is their ‘right’. Instead of just accepting it they’ve all pulled the trigger which has lead to a ripple effect around football. It’s absolutely crazy considering the money involved and the only winners are the managers and agents who are getting big pay offs or pay rises.

2 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

There has been an unusual amount of managerial changes this end of season hasn't there? 

I think 7 of the top 8 or something like that in Germany have all changed managers

5 of the top 7 in Italy as well

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I was thinking this.

Less managerial merry go rounds during the season this season (I think) but seems to be one heck of a managerial merry go round which seems to be causing a knock on effect to several clubs.

Edited by Matt

First Target.....40pts

2nd Target......66pts..

3rd Target......4 pts. More than last season..

4th Target.......End stages of EL.cup

Any long National cup Run is gravy...After our history, would be something, to find it hard to get rid of the  FA.cup...break records 3x on the trot..:scarf:

First We have to to see what losses & gains we see within the squad..

Maybe..Start slow this season, und come at a Balloon towards the end...

Importantly for me..Play entertaining football...

If we finished 8-6, but won the EL....I would be a very Happy bunny, though my Ambition & Inspiration are higher....

if we Keep all our Top players, and see our investments add to our squad Skill & quality...then even  a more decent push

in competing for Top 3-5...without that feeling, injuries/ & 2-3 mistakes, cost us....Top 4 Never will be a must or should issue for me,

But to Stick in an oar,be an irritant, & compete...is what we can really Hope for...Those traditional Top 4-6, have always that tap of Ressources

& Quality they can turn, when that  Hard on hard EOS comes...

We lose any top player, the pack will be reshuffled....!!

These last 2 seasons, with our issues and upsetting  injury periods, dispointment sits deep, I can only Class as 2 Great achieving seasons...

FA.cup...was The cream-cherry-liquor shot, that turned any doubts, into just problems worth suffering..:scarf:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Yeah let’s leave a club who I’ve just won the FA Cup with for a club who last won it in 1995. 

In fact, let’s leave a club whose 80% of trophy wins have come in the 26 years since Everton last won one... lol

I'm actually crying laughing. This is the funniest thing I've seen since Fernandes cried in the Europa final. 

• Haha 3

Just now, Super_horns said:

Job for Eddie Howe who is an Everton fan I think?

The Toffees fans seems unmoved by his name in their next manager list  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was thinking this.

Less managerial merry go rounds during the season this season (I think) but seems to be one heck of a managerial merry go round which seems to be causing a knock on effect to several clubs.

During the season, everything was too up in the air because of the pandemic. Now that it seems like the battle has been won (if not the war), teams can start planning with more certainty. 

But we are on the first day of June and we've already seen Zidane, Conte and Ancelotti move. Bayern have Nagelsmann coming in, Spurs still need a manager, Koeman on slippery ice, etc, etc. This is a lot more crazy than usual that's for sure!

Some of the levels of delusion by their fans is unreal. 

What exactly is the attraction of Everton right now? 

They've spent mad amounts of money for literally no return in terms of success. No finals, no trophies, no Europe. There's nothing much going for them is there? 

Yes they have a new stadium but they'll have to pay that off somehow so can't imagine the new manager will have plenty of money to work with? I know they're well financed but they don't seem to have the shrewdness or strategy that we do. I can't see a top class manager heading there. It'll be someone like Howe (which would be funny cos he isn't that good?) or Potter.

Potter could work his magic there as he has done at Brighton and I'll admit it's a step up, but Everton fans aren't patient. Potter works on solid foundations, he's not a manager that can win quick and then go, he's built Brighton up to a certain level because he's been afforded the time to do so. Will Everton give him that time? 

45 minutes ago, brucey said:

Just before lunch I went to their forum to check if anyone had mentioned BR as their replacement. They're so deluded in thinking that they have a better squad, or are bigger than us so that'll be the smoking gun to get him, I was convinced he'd be name checked.

Thanks to this guy (if not a WUM) then he's done me proud.