Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, Gazza M said:

Where has this incredibly high defensive line come from? We are a counter attacking dream to play against. 15/16 side would have gone double figures v this shite. 

You're giving it undue credit there, it's not really even a line, more of a squiggle, or a random brownian distribution of inert particles.

We came 

we saw 

we Sh1t the bed !!

well at least we didn’t lose 0-4 just hope Brendan sees we played better without James Beckham sorry Maddison who has been poor for a very long time, maybe he needs more game time with the U23’s because again it’s shown he’s not up to par?

Can’t put the whole blame on Brendan he’s told them the style etc but he’s not the one on the pitch performing or underperforming, he needs to get them back training tomorrow back to basics as some were mighty poor yes we missed Johnny’s cool calm collectiveness at the back but we can’t just rely on one player !

Should have been a bitty 3 pointer for us which turned out to be a royal Sh1t show time for Brendan to use Ünder more Trouble is what 11 would you put out next Tuesday night against Manure given Johnny could be out still, Maddison Ndidi  Souyuncu Fofana had mares tonight can we count on them to shine against Utd ?

Let’s now hope all this weekends results go our way with the 4 below us dropping points too and Manure losing their next 2 games😉

7 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I saw players that cared too much and were worried. 

I think it’s this, not that they don’t care. They don’t have the mental fortitude. It’s not that they can never have it, but something needs to change to get that belief in them so they can fire on all cylinders when the pressure is on.

• Like 1

There has to be some give somewhere, if we don’t do it this season then **** knows what goes on over the summer but I’d be surprised (assuming we DONT make top 4 this year) if we’re challenging for it again next year. It’ll take it’s toll if it happens again. 

Why are we pissing about at the back, trying to draw Newcastle out - when credit to them they don’t need drawing out, they’re playing quite open?

Please, believe me, I'm not just complaining about possession football or sideways football for effect or for the sake of it, I'm genuinely waiting for a decent reason for it, I've still not heard one.

Only for us to continually make mistake, gift them possession and they attack us?

“PlAyInG oUt FrOm ThE bAcK”, “PoSsEsIoN bAsEd FoOtBalL”...Piss off! Disgusting, pointless style.

****ING ATTACK! GO ****ING FORWARD!

I’m still yet to hear a positive argument, rhyme or reason for PlAyInG oUt FrOm ThE bAcK or PoSsEsIoN bAsEd FoOtBalL and ItS tHe WaY fOoTbAlL sHoUlD bE pLaYed! :yawn:

What I don’t get, what blows my mind more than anything given our last 1 and a half games is Rodgers was going mad during the first half against West Brom, why? We playing so good stuff, forward, fast, attacking, yes it was only West Brom but we playing some good stuff regardless of the opposition, there was nothing to be frustrated about, yet the last game and this 45 minutes have been disgusting and he seems fine with it - I’d like to think he’s not and he’s ripping shred out of them right now aswell as taking a look at his own style but I don’t get why he was going mad about the West Brom 1st half.

Sort this ****ing shite out! ****ing go forward and ****ing attack instead of this pointless possession for possession sake bullshit that only leads to mistakes.

I often joked about this when Puel was in charge but it's almost like the 1st half of the West Brom game was too positive or exciting for him, the 2nd half of that game wasn't great - I let that off as the game was already won, why do more, but as you say since the 1st half of that game we've been dogshite, yet he seems to stand there are lap it up.

Can't wait for Rodgers interview telling us all it was "Too passive".

How about doing something, training them and instructing them to be "Less passive" rather than mentioning it after every game?

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

Just now, goose2010 said:

You've obviously brought that on yourself then giving it the big un so if you can't take it don't give it out. 

Weird assumption. I haven't been giving it anything. 🤷‍♂️

I can take it when it's just banter but when it's true it's a bit more touchy. Hah!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingsX said:

25 ****ing shots and we never looked competitive.

matchstats.thumb.JPG.79d86bfda52e28ec6dad223d4d5af2cf.JPG

Look at the size of Newcastle's goal compared to ours though. Not fair 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Absolute embarrassment. 

not one player gives a crap about our club and just here for the pay check. 
you would like to think they would want to show they are good players but based on that performance they are a joke and a bunch of bottlers. 

if Maddison never plays for us again I’d be happy. 

top four gone and no chance of winning the FA cup. 

im fuming 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

We have got to reset now, the worst we can be is 2 points better off than fifth. Let’s get this game out our heads and go for the last 3 games. Liverpool, Spurs and West Ham would rather be in our position even after the rubbish tonight 

West ham wouldn't want to be a) playing like us or b) want our last 3 games. 

West ham were lightening against Burnley. 

Trust me nobody wants to be in 3rd right now and be shitting the bed the way we are. 

• Like 1

Rodgers has to take the blame for this as much as the players. His decision to persist with 3-4-1-2 when we were getting absolutely nowhere with it going forward and yet we're horrible vulnerable at the back was borderline a disgrace. To then compound that with the same system but abandoning any protection in the middle and allowing Maddison, Tielemans and Perez to trip each other over wad unforgivable.

We've probably blown it now, we need a miracle to get a team and game plan together to scramble over the line with the top 4 and/or the FA Cup win.

It's heart breaking. I have a huge bond with this squad and what we've achieved this season again is superb but I'm at a loss how we can collapse like this, there's being tired and then there's not having the mind set to just keep things calm and don't gift teams goals.

Maddison, Vardy and Ricardo really need taking out of the team right now but we've nothing.

• Like 4