Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I worry for next season. This could be quite damaging. 

Somehow, somewhere, we need to find some form, as for next season we need to get 3 or 4 faces because we’re starting to look a bit shit.

• Like 1

Just now, Eskay said:

West ham wouldn't want to be a) playing like us or b) want our last 3 games. 

West ham were lightening against Burnley. 

Trust me nobody wants to be in 3rd right now and be shitting the bed the way we are. 

Well as we have seen teams lose to anyone... wouldn’t surprise me if Everton beat West Ham 

Absolutely NOBODY comes out of that with any positive spin. Shambles all over the pitch and from the management. Stop worrying about what the opposition might do and impose ourselves on the game FFS.

Will sit in a fog all weekend but top 4 isn't over yet. Was always going to be a battle. Time to turn up against the big boys of we want to seriously compete with them on a regular basis.

• Like 1

Just now, Shamomoa said:

Have we played with this high defensive line all season or is it just recently? We seem to be way up the pitch and easy to counter attack against. I don't remember us being so easily counter attacked...

We have since we went 3 at the back with the dream team all available in defence.

Can’t pick out any player that played well. The easy excuse is the late change with Evans dropping out. But all players should be ready to play. Slow, lacklustre, very little attacking intent. We didn’t get any bounce of the ball, the second balls all went their way. Just wasn’t our night, but for the majority we can only blame ourselves. 

Soyuncu is half the player when Evans isn’t next to him. 

The only positive i can draw from this is that Rodgers drops this awful formation where we don't look good going forwards or at the back and goes to a back 4 where we look comfortable. Christ almighty, I don't know why it takes something like this, rather than us luckboxing results against poor teams.

Ricardo turned into Chillwell tonight, every pass was backwards. Could it be because he has no options in front of him, probably.

We're getting out best players on the pitch using this formation, but we get nowhere near the best out of them by playing it.

Guest bss9401

At least if Chelsea win the FA Cup there will be another Europa League place....or Anglo Italian Cup or whatever the ***k the other thing is.

Sorry. Too soon?

Just now, Blue-fox said:

That 4th goal, seeing it back that is pathetic from Soyunco. Absolutely pathetic. Can see he’s played him on and stopped. 

Worst performance from Soyuncu, from the off I knew something wasn’t right... slow to everything and practically tripping over the ball, getting it tangled in his feet 

I must be honest that I expected to lose tonight. I was more annoyed in a way last Friday with the draw. Stupid really. Losing Evans was a huge blow. If Rodgers persists with being timid in selection and tactics, we will not hold on. Hopefully, we can now just shrug off tonight and go for it., hold on and lift the cup too. 

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

The only positive i can draw from this is that Rodgers drops this awful formation where we don't look good going forwards or at the back and goes to a back 4 where we look comfortable. Christ almighty, I don't know why it takes something like this, rather than us luckboxing results against poor teams.

Ricardo turned into Chillwell tonight, every pass was backwards. Could it be because he has no options in front of him, probably.

We're getting out best players on the pitch using this formation, but we get nowhere near the best out of them by playing it.

I think Rodgers is thinking, that is exactly what the opposition manager will expect will happen. So I will double bluff and keep the same formation. Genius. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Worst performance from Soyuncu, from the off I knew something wasn’t right... slow to everything and practically tripping over the ball, getting it tangled in his feet 

He was total gash. Lucky not to concede a penalty, the error for the goal. His head seems to go. 

1 minute ago, bss9401 said:

At least if Chelsea win the FA Cup there will be another Europa League place....or Anglo Italian Cup or whatever the ***k the other thing is.

Sorry. Too soon?

LDV vans?

Worst performance of the season. 
No energy. 
A lack of ideas. 
No press. 
No aggression. 
Slow on the ball. 
Casual. 
No shape. 
No movement. 

It was so bad, Mendy was our best player. 

Still struggling to see what Vardy offers anymore. He’s done. 

14 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I dare any of you b*stards to find anything positive about that sh*t show 😡

A few actually 😉

it wasn’t Raining 

Top was There 

Great goals from Kevin & Nacho 

The pitch looked ok 👌 

we weren’t there to witness that Sh1t 💩show in Person !! 😂😉

Can think of a couple more but can’t be asked just want to wipe that awful shocking result from my mind !!🤯🤯🤯

• Haha 1

I went from huge anticipation to dread when I saw Evans limping down the tunnel at 7.50. When Albrighton came out I was stunned. Thomas? Amartey? Anyone else? Kevin is a legend and had a great spell midway through the season, but looks hopeless most of the time now. Not digging him out - apart from Perez & Nacho, we were poor to dog poop all over the pitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

Can’t pick out any player that played well. The easy excuse is the late change with Evans dropping out. But all players should be ready to play. Slow, lacklustre, very little attacking intent. We didn’t get any bounce of the ball, the second balls all went their way. Just wasn’t our night, but for the majority we can only blame ourselves. 

Soyuncu is half the player when Evans isn’t next to him. 

Blimey, even ‘Mr Excuse’ is being negative

:D

Game is still fresh in my mind. I honestly ****ing hate James Maddison. It’s not his fault his weekly salary is as high as it is, but he’s been an absolute cockhead in public and broken covid rules despite being privileged  enough to go to work (lol) every day and see his mates... he’s then walked straight back into the first XI (despite Perez hitting a good vein of form - yes I know perez was also a cockhead) and has done the square route of **** all.

Wish he’d **** off in the summer and we invest someone with less talent and a smaller ego.