Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Players are an absolute disgrace, last 3 games they’ve started the games so arrogantly and complacent. They haven’t looked like a side on the brink of a champions league place and haven’t started playing until at least a goal down! 

Everything too slow, too many touches and we’ve now bottled top 4 again because of it. 

I repeat myself till I’m blue in the face, but 95% of our team lack grit and mental strength, our heads go down and that’s it, this team does not recover, I’m not sure maybe Brendan didn’t give them a hug before the game and reassure them all they are  good people and every things gonna be alright , either way they were not men out there tonight  !!! Emotionally broken!! Pussy’s 

Not sure the Ramadan thing has helped Wes’ game and neither Vardy, Soyoncu  Ricardo or Maddison have recovered to anything like their form pre injury - really playing with four or five sub par players and no Evans makes us look like a mid table side - kind of thought taking Ndidi off might backfire and it took around a minute - and I don’t get paid a 7figure sum to manage a football team.............

Horrid game and rightly they're going to be disappointed tonight. Evans missing was a massive blow and perhaps in this formation he is a key player between us being top four contenders and mid table team. 

Just now, Kingleicester said:

I repeat myself till I’m blue in the face, but 95% of our team lack grit and mental strength, our heads go down and that’s it, this team does not recover, I’m not sure maybe Brendan didn’t give them a hug before the game and reassure them all they are  good people and every things gonna be alright , either way they were not men out there tonight  !!! Emotionally broken!! Pussy’s 

We have the second highest points from losing positions.

It's not a lack of grit from the players. It comes from the manager and his desire to keep things the same even when they're clearly not working

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Thats it, the wife is getting no sex tonight from me (or anyone/anything else)! Balls can regenerate..at this rate she wont be getting anything for a long time!

15 minutes ago, thegaffer9 said:

Let the Women have a go

Posted within a minute or so.

Maybe I read it all wrong.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Do you think it will be any different? Can you see anything other than another appalling display? 

It's like they don't want CL. 

We've beaten all of the big six so far this season. We're up and down right now, more down than up but when it clicks we're very good. Rodgers will need to earn his money but it's possible. It doesn't look likely right now but if Newcastle can beat us, we can beat Man Utd, if you know what I mean.

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Clear that Ricardo seems fcuked to me. Major work in pre season to get him up and running. If those legs are gone though then its done for him as the attacking full back.

He did make one burst of pace in the first half past there defender to give me hope that he’s not totally done.

2 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Doesn’t look like it 

I've been saying this for a few years.  Genuinely looks like our players can't stand each other.  No passion, no leadership.  Nothing.

Such a shame to see Vardy look so disinterested as well.  I know he's 34 now but one of his greatest strengths was his gob.  Winding the opposition up, drawing fouls making mistakes.  Now he's a right pussy.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I know he’s not going to be here but surely Under was a better option than Thomas and Mendy tonight 

I do wonder if there’s an appearance clause in there. But I suppose he wouldn’t even be on the bench. 

The cautious approach Rodgers takes contributes massively to the confidence issues. Being so negative sends them a message of ‘I don’t trust you’ and you can tell because most of them no longer trust themselves.

Rodgers has taken us as far as he can, if our aim is Europa League every season he’s more than fine but if we want to go further I think a change is needed.

I’m not sniffing at the Europa but the position we’ve been in for the majority of the past 2 seasons shows we are a really good team but cannot for some reason get the job done when it matters most. Theres only so much you can take as a fan having all the hope snatched away from you at the last minute.

I would much rather be in West Hams current position than ours every single day of the week. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Utter humiliation despite the two late goals.

All the persistent flaws of this team were exposed tonight:

- arsing around unnecessarily at the back

- not defending corners properly

- slow ponderous, non-urgent side to side build up ending with a sloppy pass that sets up an opposition counter attack

- leaderless and gutless in adversity 

- Vardy is a busted flush (and has been for months)

If you don’t acknowledge your flaws, let alone try to fix them, they will ultimately cost you. Fact.

• Like 2