Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Newcastle 2-4 Post Match Thread

Well it's not Leicester city unless we do it the hard way.

Players need a good dressing down after tonight and we have to just hope to god man United send out the kids on Tuesday.

1 minute ago, ALC Fox said:

We've beaten all of the big six so far this season. We're up and down right now, more down than up but when it clicks we're very good. Rodgers will need to earn his money but it's possible. It doesn't look likely right now but if Newcastle can beat us, we can beat Man Utd, if you know what I mean.

I do, but do you think we will? After the last couple of performances, do you think that those players will turn up and do over Man Utd?

1 minute ago, Bert said:

I know he’s not going to be here but surely Under was a better option than Thomas and Mendy tonight 

Didn't matter, we lost the match before we played.  We bottled it, the manager has to responsible.

All are bottlers

• Like 1

Is it all over yet? Can I come out from behind the sofa?

We've all been flattered to be deceived.

We thought this was the resurrection to even better things, but we've been well-and-truly found out.

I can't explain why, but, for the last few weeks, I've looked at the team coming out and thought that there's no guts in there - except Vardy.

I think I'd rather them be scrapping against relegation or trying to get promotion from the Championship than watching this happen every season.

Oh, and whoever thinks they're taking it easy because of the Cup Final is deluded. I watched Chelsea thrape Real and, unless fingers are pulled out, we might as well just ask the FA for the runners-up medals and let Chelsea call it a by. Because they will coast it - they're skilful, fast but most of all they're determined. City are two of those things when they wish to be but lack any taste for a battle.

Rodgers has lost the changing room. Shankly or Fergie would have been incandescent at that shower-of-shit. BR goes on writing his notes....

Something's desperately wrong for this collapse to happen again.

I recall one of the Italian sides - either Milan or Inter - having the fans turn up at the training ground to have it out with the players after a run of bad performances. The team  deserve a roasting after this - but I'd like to know why this is happening again. Sloppy and arrogant or is it something more fundamental. Don't they think that Leicester is worth playing for - cos if this were Liverpool or West Ham, there'd be ructions about it.

And, ffs, all you Maddison haters - just do one. Soyuncu, Fofana, N'Didi and Pereira all had worse games. You single out Madders because he's not performing miracles every game. The same with Thomas - slam him with faint praise. He's a handy target as well. It's a team game - not tennis.

Just now, browniefox said:

I do, but do you think we will? After the last couple of performances, do you think that those players will turn up and do over Man Utd?

Without Evans we're not getting a thing off utd, nor Chelsea or anyone for that matter. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Blimey, even ‘Mr Excuse’ is being negative

:D

Tell me anything about that post that’s incorrect Col the Troll

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz93 said:

Well it's not Leicester city unless we do it the hard way.

Players need a good dressing down after tonight and we have to just hope to god man United send out the kids on Tuesday.

But we don't do it the hard way do we.  We blow it, thats totally different. 

I think it’s all started with the party, how can you allow the players not to apologise publicly? 

Instead we’ve let them get away with it and once again created a bunch of players who think they’re better than they really are. No professionals in this team ready to fight for the badge, apart from the man who was injured 10 minutes before kick off. 

• Like 2

I feel strangely calm and I don’t know why because I spent over £100 today on going to a cup final where on tonight’s performance we’re going to be absolutely humiliated. 

We’re not a Champions League side. True top four side’s don’t put in the horror shows we have at home this season. It would be embarrassing for us to play in that competition with this squad. 

I think I’ve gone beyond the anger and hurt I’m just resigned to what we are. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My wife is currently 40 weeks pregnant with due date today.  I was cracking jokes at work today that the baby better hold on until the match was done. 

By time the third goal went in, I was pretty much praying that my wife would start her labour to distract me from the woeful performance!

• Haha 2

I cant think of any other reason for our last two lethargic performances other than the long season has caught up with us. A long Euro and FA campaign, so many players injured and coming back and looking nothing like there best (Caglar, Riccardo, Maddison, Vardy) and a few that have played a lot and look a bit all over the shop (Tielemans, Fofana) along with two pacy players who would mostly play on the same side in Justin and Barnes out injured. 

It shouldn't be a mentality thing as we lived through this last season so the hope is we will learn from it.

Lets just do it the hard way instead!!!!

1 minute ago, Whys it always me said:

Are you being serious? Under is terrible and Thomas was probably one of the better players tonight 

No I just said it for shits & giggles 

I just think the formation and players picked were wrong from the start, you can only play with wing backs when those wing backs are on fire and castagne and Ricardo are way off, then to drop castagne to centre half, ridiculous. it was clear they over ran us in midfield but we persevered. We have to play the players fit in the positions they play the best. 

Ricardo isn't fit. 

Castagne isn't a CH or a LWB. 

Madders isn't comfortable playing 2 up top, he's a number 10 playing off a striker. 

We have Praet and Under who could offer something and I think we need to use them. 

4-4-1-1 or 4-1-4-1 changing it up in the second half depending where we are