Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

14 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Perrera is good but I do think we must have other choices. Leon Bailey looks very good indeed on our right sided wing. Very pleased with the transfers in so far and a top right winger at last would be the icing on the preverbal cake! C'mon Lesta make my day :chant:

I don't much care whether the guy is right or left-footed to be honest, even though as a roster we are too right-footed.  I don't even think we need to land a marquee, first name on the team-sheet type (as nice as that would be).  I just want us to sign a starting-caliber player who's genuinely a wide attacker, and at least as comfortable on the right wing as the left.  If we don't I think the roster leaves us desperately short of options.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....there is an obsession with bringing in a player who has a world renowned profile..a marquee signing if you will...!!!

There are genuine quality signings to be made but we do not appear to be linked to anyway.

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

....no link with players who can fill a role we so desperately need to fill, and yet we are letting the opportunity pass by.

In fairness we don't actually know that because our recruitment team don't exactly broadcast what they're up to. Just because the tittle tattle news media aren't throwing more click bait out doesn't mean there's inactivity. Who knows for example how long Daka and Soumare were on the radar and or how long negotiations were ongoing before the first rumours came out?

Who knows whether they've made enquiries regarding the above 3. Probably they have and probably the deals are deemed too expensive or problematic. Also, just because some people on here rate particular players doesn't mean that they'd currently be suitable or good enough for us for numerous reasons.

Past years have provided a number of Foxtalk next best prospects only for them to turn out to be poor investments for other clubs and we've managed to dodge some bullets. Sometimes just a a player's attitude or off field behaviour that we're unaware of may be enough to put our recruitment team off a player. 

Sometimes I just feel that we on here just haven't got a clue how complex these things are and the actual inside knowledge on players holistically our recruitment team has available to them. Neither are we aware of the financial constraints levied at them by the owners. We all like to play football manager and have viewpoints including me but, in reality, I suggest we know bugger all about it bar a bit of tv viewing and compilation videos. Admittedly some players like Pereira are more exposed but we still are unaware, quite rightly, whether there's interest because common knowledge can scupper a number of buying and selling deals and inflate or decrease values. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness we don't actually know that because our recruitment team don't exactly broadcast what they're up to. Just because the tittle tattle news media aren't throwing more click bait out doesn't mean there's inactivity. Who knows for example how long Daka and Soumare were on the radar and or how long negotiations were ongoing before the first rumours came out?

Who knows whether they've made enquiries regarding the above 3. Probably they have and probably the deals are deemed too expensive or problematic. Also, just because some people on here rate particular players doesn't mean that they'd currently be suitable or good enough for us for numerous reasons.

Past years have provided a number of Foxtalk next best prospects only for them to turn out to be poor investments for other clubs and we've managed to dodge some bullets. Sometimes just a a player's attitude or off field behaviour that we're unaware of may be enough to put our recruitment team off a player. 

Sometimes I just feel that we on here just haven't got a clue how complex these things are and the actual inside knowledge on players holistically our recruitment team has available to them. Neither are we aware of the financial constraints levied at them by the owners. We all like to play football manager and have viewpoints including me but, in reality, I suggest we know bugger all about it bar a bit of tv viewing and compilation videos. Admittedly some players like Pereira are more exposed but we still are unaware, quite rightly, whether there's interest because common knowledge can scupper a number of buying and selling deals and inflate or decrease values. 

...we have been linked  to Trincao,Betardi and Coutinho!!!

As you have said we are not aware of the complications and machinations that transpires behind the scenes. For this single position we seem to have no idea who to bring in and cover a position we need to fill.

Very hard to believe there all Right Wingers are assigned to the same agent or are priced out of our range.

We will just have to wait and see.

• Like 1

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Roster.

Please stop using this word 😂 

Unless you’re American, in which case it’s understandable. But otherwise yes, please stop!

We have a fairly diverse roster of posters on FT. There are many categories too, amongst that roster. I dwell in the category known as ‘prized dick’ occasionally, don’t join me there. It’s a small and quite elite roster………ahh, who am I kidding?