Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

7 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As Ric says this is nonsense - he knows Vardy is coming to the end and Iheanacho is streaky, we had to sign a centre forward. You don't spend £23m on a CF to play him in a different position.

Yes, we signed Pérez as a 'wide forward' but that was an early Rodgers 4-3-3 that was hellbent on high pressing so we wanted to play narrow and squeeze the opposition. We transitioned last season to a side much less reliant on pressing in the final third and instead a team that would drop deep and push the opposition wide, then launch counter-attacks or try and break the opposition down with quick vertical balls - and it was 4-2-3-1. That put Barnes and Albrighton in what I would think were much wider and more natural 'winger' positions more often, hence why he switched Albrighton to the right more often where he played for Villa.

If it continues to be a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3, he needs a proper alternative to Albrighton on that right.

....I feel it will be 4-3-3, we will be very much on the front foot, with a high tempo!!!

Albrighton last season was a ploy to get Vardy released as it was the first thought when he received the ball. It also helped that his presence blocked the Right channel, and transitioning the ball was done on the left, with Barnes. It became very much a big workload for Barnes and I felt prior to him breaking down he needed to be pulled and rested due to fatigue.

With Ndidi and Soumare now with us, for me it points to midfield three and with our depth we can easily transfer after 60 minutes (it is always after 60 minutes) to switch depending on what we need at the time.

17 hours ago, KFS said:

Why?! We need to know more. Surely means we have other irons in the fire. Surely?!

Perrera is good but I do think we must have other choices. Leon Bailey looks very good indeed on our right sided wing. Very pleased with the transfers in so far and a top right winger at last would be the icing on the preverbal cake! C'mon Lesta make my day :chant:

8 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Perrera is good but I do think we must have other choices. Leon Bailey looks very good indeed on our right sided wing. Very pleased with the transfers in so far and a top right winger at last would be the icing on the preverbal cake! C'mon Lesta make my day :chant:

....we do not need a marquee signing to complete the team!!!

I feel the club has been blinded by this, and are missing what is there, infront of them, and continuing aimlessly to tilt at windmills.

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....we do not need a marquee signing to complete the team!!!

I feel the club has been blinded by this, and are missing what is there, infront of them, and continuing aimlessly to tilt at windmills.

Can you explain what you mean on that second bit? 

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

I can see that - we'd then have the option off the bench of having Sowah cutting in on the right or being more traditional on the left.

Any decent right-footed right-wingers on your long list of targets?

That geezer at Stuttgart who turned out to be playing under the guise of someone else and is a year older with a different name. He looks quality.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That geezer at Stuttgart who turned out to be playing under the guise of someone else and is a year older with a different name. He looks quality.

Sound like just the player to get involved with :D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sound like just the player to get involved with :D

To be fair it was all his agent bringing him over from Africa and controlling his entire life, rather than the player himself

Just now, moore_94 said:

To be fair it was all his agent bringing him over from Africa and controlling his entire life, rather than the player himself

He still had to be party to it, if it was just he's age, the agent could have lie and not told him.

But to use a diffferent name, he is totally aware of the situation. 

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Can you explain what you mean on that second bit? 

....there is an obsession with bringing in a player who has a world renowned profile..a marquee signing if you will...!!!

There are genuine quality signings to be made but we do not appear to be linked to anyway.

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

....no link with players who can fill a role we so desperately need to fill, and yet we are letting the opportunity pass by.

• Like 1

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

....there is an obsession with bringing in a player who has a world renowned profile..a marquee signing if you will...!!!

There are genuine quality signings to be made but we do not appear to be linked to anyway.

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

....no link with players who can fill a role we so desperately need to fill, and yet we are letting the opportunity pass by.

Maybe we don't have the 20-30m to get one of the above.....

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He still had to be party to it, if it was just he's age, the agent could have lie and not told him.

But to use a diffferent name, he is totally aware of the situation. 

He may well have been aware of it, but remember this was a kid in a new country on his own living with this agent who was controlling all his money and threatening to ruin his life if he didn't do as he said

Apparently quite a common occurence with young players coming over from Africa

https://theathletic.com/news/silas-wamangituka-stuttgart-agent-name-age/9WUAkkg1mTAI

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

If we are not in for Pereira then we should be

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Maybe we don't have the 20-30m to get one of the above.....

...that is a very common refrain on this forum...!!!

My position is we can in this window bring in someone that resolves an issue that has plagued us for some time and with FFP not an issue, we can do so now. This is a great opportunity to stake an investment into the team, legally, as I would assume many teams are taking this chance to position themselves.

I am aware of the ethos of self reliance, and we fund from outgoing sales, but it will be folly should we choose to let this opportunity go by..

BR has always liked having 2 formations to transition into depending on the team we are playing. He did it last season by switching from a 3-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 when we being pressed in defense and heavily defended.

Two attributes this season is Soumares no nonsense look, athleticism and pace as we break out of those phases through midfield, and the addition of Daka who will further stretch the pitch with Vardy in the games we'll need them to.

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

Ahh I see, i would not have got that if you didnt explain it further Haha

I've not really noticed a desire to get in a marquee player, but i wholly agree there are good players available in our price bracket. It's odd that weve not tried to sign one in the past few seasons

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ahh I see, i would not have got that if you didnt explain it further Haha

I've not really noticed a desire to get in a marquee player, but i wholly agree there are good players available in our price bracket. It's odd that weve not tried to sign one in the past few seasons

.....we chased Trincao for all of the last summer window and chased him again this summer, we have and still appear to be chasing Berardi this window and are looking to spend the family silver on bringing in Coutinho for a season!!!

You may not view this as a blind alley in the acquisition of marquee signings, but it still leads us nowhere.

Edited by sacreblueits442

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Bailey

Pereira

Ziyech

I half agree with you here but a couple of things:

How do you know Bailey and Ziyech are available? We don't know the status of either player. Also, agents pretty much run the game these days. When you go for a player it seems you're doing more negotiating with that agent than you are the selling club. It also seems, increasingly, as though agents are becoming almost affiliated with clubs (like Mendes with Wolves) whereby their clients are only available to a small selection of favoured clubs. It could be literally be that we have no chance of getting these guys because their agent won't deal with LCFC or conversely, LCFC won't deal with that agent. Look at the Trincao deal - we were clearly interested and we're arguably a slightly more attractive proposition than Wolves but that transfer had Mendes' influence written all over it.

Not a dig at you. I agree that we've been weirdly lax in our pursuit of an RW but I think it's never as simple as 'that guy's good, buy him'. Agent power is massive.

• Like 1