Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

30 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

lol

I refuse to pander to British exceptionalism and gatekeeping in soccer :P fandom.  However, I will catalog your complaint in my roster of observations.

Yes, quite….

I’ve decided to help you out and make a list of the top three words you shouldn’t use in order to prevent any further issues:

1. Roster

2. Soccer

3. PRAET 

Hope this helps,

N. x

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...we have been linked  to Trincao,Betardi and Coutinho!!!

As you have said we are not aware of the complications and machinations that transpires behind the scenes. For this single position we seem to have no idea who to bring in and cover a position we need to fill.

Very hard to believe there all Right Wingers are assigned to the same agent or are priced out of our range.

We will just have to wait and see.

The problem is who is doing the linking and how reliable they are. Some clubs may be asking for what is considered too much. As you say we'll soon find out and sometimes, as deadlines approach, prices drop and chain reactions fall into place.

We could do with one i totally agree but not at any cost and it not an insurmountable problem.

Three at the back seems to weaken rather than strengthen us as Castagne and Ricardo aren't true wing backs either. Formation changes are a better option ie 433 as we have the players to do it. Even 4 at the back with Castagne and Ricardo playing to their strengths can provide some width, you'd like to think Ndidi and Soumare would be capable of providing cover. A more trying to win approach is easily attainable now rather than the dull ponderous side to side try not to lose tactics that ultimately cost us dearly. 

• Like 1

Hed fit the bill for us so I cannot see how we wouldn't be in for him.

West brom need to sell either him or Johnston, they've also admitted he's likely to go.

Whilst the fee is quite high, it might be a loan to buy.

I can't see how West ham are in for him, they have about 6 wingers.

His pressing stats are really good, Rodgers would love him.

His wages wouldn't be crazy either.

Also not playing in friendlies to protect him for a sale supposedly. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

To be fair it is a horrible word, are you American? If not, pack it in.

...you are just not used to it. Very big NFL watcher and the terminology becomes part of the culture. It means the same as squad perhaps describes the availability of the players more accurately.

..roster ~ a list of members of a team or organisation, in particular of sports players available for team selection...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

The problem is who is doing the linking and how reliable they are. Some clubs may be asking for what is considered too much. As you say we'll soon find out and sometimes, as deadlines approach, prices drop and chain reactions fall into place.

We could do with one i totally agree but not at any cost and it not an insurmountable problem.

Three at the back seems to weaken rather than strengthen us as Castagne and Ricardo aren't true wing backs either. Formation changes are a better option ie 433 as we have the players to do it. Even 4 at the back with Castagne and Ricardo playing to their strengths can provide some width, you'd like to think Ndidi and Soumare would be capable of providing cover. A more trying to win approach is easily attainable now rather than the dull ponderous side to side try not to lose tactics that ultimately cost us dearly. 

I agree , tippy, tippy,  play it out from the back football has nearly had its day . We need to push the ball forward more quickly . Tielemans certainly has the vision for making 30 yard passes and apparently Soumaré likes to push forward at pace , so let's hope progressive football is back. Kasper should look to hammer it into the opponents box now and again as well.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't care, there's not a single word Americans use that we don't that benefits what we already use. Maybe I'm being overly harsh but Americanisation of sport is not a good thing at all and the language used makes my skin crawl, probably as a result. Stick your foam fingers and rosters up your 'arris.

Look, we all love soccer here and that's what matters.

• Haha 2

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
40 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It means the same as squad

Which is why there’s no reason not to use squad.

I think most of us who are annoyed by it know what it means; we’re just annoyed by it.

If I was in the US and especially if my using ‘squad’ caused confusion, I’d probably end up using ‘roster’ just as I guess I’d talk about fenders, hoods, elevators, sidewalks, etc.

Guest Manley Farrington-Brown
21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Don't care, there's not a single word Americans use that we don't that benefits what we already use. Maybe I'm being overly harsh but Americanisation of sport is not a good thing at all and the language used makes my skin crawl, probably as a result. Stick your foam fingers and rosters up your butt.

There! Fixed it for you…

No idea why we’re not all over this.

put up great numbers for a relegation side last season and still only 25, and as you can see, he’s got a great defensive side to his game which you’d have to coach into a lot of wingers/attacking midfielders.

Can also potentially be a replacement for Maddison as well, and for half the price as well. Saves West Ham being able to get him also.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

WhoScored.com (@WhoScored) Tweeted: 💪 Matheus Pereira was the only player in the Premier League last season to win possession 30+ times in each the defensive, middle and attacking third of the pitch 

😅 Any takers this summer? https://t.co/21ZTx6irkw https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status/1417814110301995011?s=20

He is everything we need except for one thing - pace. Not so sure that would be a deal breaker though as the most important thing for Brendan is the blend of attacking and defensive ability. He's a proper creative source which we lack. I think we could get him on loan with an obligation to buy for £20-25m.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is everything we need except for one thing - pace. Not so sure that would be a deal breaker though as the most important thing for Brendan is the blend of attacking and defensive ability. He's a proper creative source which we lack. I think we could get him on loan with an obligation to buy for £20-25m.

Also makes up for it by being our first Brazilian (even though he moved to Portugal when he was young).

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

West Ham not placed a bid or close to him, but still a key target for them

If I recall correctly that ExWHUemployee bloke is seen in a similar light with West Ham as John Percy is with us. What he says goes if you like.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Think the one thing our squad is loaded with is pace to be honest. Don't think it's a deal breaker. Vardy, Daka, Barnes, Justin, Fofana, Soyuncu and to a lesser extent, Castagne, Ricardo and Iheanacho are all quick.

• Haha 1