Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

Ì think he would be a decent signing for someone like Norwich.  Although he didn't help west Brom stop up, but they were garbage to be fair.    He is no where near the quality for a team hoping to finish top 6 in my opinion, but it seems I'm in the minority judging from the comments on here, so maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Ì think he would be a decent signing for someone like Norwich.  Although he didn't help west Brom stop up, but they were garbage to be fair.    He is no where near the quality for a team hoping to finish top 6 in my opinion, but it seems I'm in the minority judging from the comments on here, so maybe I'm wrong. :dunno:

...very much so....!!!

8 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Personally I think he would solve all our right sided attacking problems and could be a more than adequate deputy for Maddison while he sorts out his issues.

4 hours ago, NasPb said:

The same guy who published that, posted this last week.

https://twitter.com/ryantaylorsport/status/1409783855817674755?s=21

“West Bromwich Albion may have failed to beat the drop but they still have a real gem on their hands in the form of Matheus Pereira.

The Brazilian, who was signed permanently from Sporting last summer for just £8.25million, hit 11 goals and registered six assists in the top-flight last season.

Towards the end of the 2020/21 campaign, Express Sport reported that Leicester, RB Leipzig and West Ham were amongst the clubs to have shown interest but none of those are yet to follow up their interest.

That's because West Brom are determined to play hardball over Pereira, despite their relegation and will not sell him at a cut-price.

The playmaker's agent Jolden Vergette has provided us with an exclusive update on the future of his client, who has been enjoying some downtime back in Portugal in the Algarve and Lisbon.

"We still don't have a definition about it. The market is just starting," Vergette said on Pereira's future.

When asked if Pereira would prefer to stay in the Premier League, he added: "It will present itself. He deserves a club that can follow his work at a high level."

Leeds are one of several clubs that have been approached about the possibility of signing Pereira but the Whites did not follow up on initial discussions.”

I can’t see us going for him but I’d take him he’s there best player and has been for two seasons. Did well last season and racked up 17 assists the season before, would only get better in a decent team. 

Just now, deep blue said:

Surely the fact there have been few, if any, credible links means nothing, considering our reputation for signing players under the radar.

Your proving your own point.. There’s been few links and we like to sign players under the radar. Could be happening right now all we know.

51 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's every bit as good as Emi Buendia who went for best part of £40m. 

Only difference being that Norwich were on the way to the prem while WBA are going the opposite way. Not sure a team in the championship could be asking £40m for a player, even if he did have a good season in the prem. Suppose it depends on their finances and whether Pereira or his agent kick up any kind of fuss. Id be amazed if anyone stumps up £40m and we certainly won't. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Only difference being that Norwich were on the way to the prem while WBA are going the opposite way. Not sure a team in the championship could be asking £40m for a player, even if he did have a good season in the prem. Suppose it depends on their finances and whether Pereira or his agent kick up any kind of fuss. Id be amazed if anyone stumps up £40m and we certainly won't. 

That's what Norwich were asking for him last summer.

There's been some players move from relegated clubs for huge money and non promoted Championship teams too. We paid nearly £25m for Maddison 3 years ago!

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

It will be a lot less than that. If we offered 25 million they are still tripling what they paid for him. Actually it would be a good move for Hamza the other way. Little disruption for his family and West Brom will be back in the premiership very soon.

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It will be a lot less than that. If we offered 25 million they are still tripling what they paid for him. Actually it would be a good move for Hamza the other way. Little disruption for his family and West Brom will be back in the premiership very soon.

Yeh give them Perez as well. Although I doubt they could pay his wages. Hamza would be good shout though or even throw them Iversen on loan if Johnstone goes. 

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

....didn't  Buendia go back down  with Norwich, only to come back up again!!!