Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Matheus Pereira

2 hours ago, les-tah said:

This guy signed after they were promoted  and others were interested at the time.. I question his agent if they didn’t negotiate a cheaper relegation clause into his contract?

They were probably scarred after Johnny evans 😂

Just had a long overdue catch up with my bestie, a WBA season ticket holder.

Said MP was the best player in the Championship the year they went up, better for them than Barnes had been. Last season he was a bit hot & cold, outstanding one game, anonymous the next. He wasn’t sure he’s ready for a top 6 club, but certainly a top half club.

Apparently he’s a good & likeable character, who’s best friend plays for Forest. For that reason, he’ll want to stay in the Midlands.

He expects him to go to Villa.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Said MP was the best player in the Championship the year they went up, better for them than Barnes had been. Last season he was a bit hot & cold, outstanding one game, anonymous the next. He wasn’t sure he’s ready for a top 6 club, but certainly a top half club.

Apparently he’s a good & likeable character, who’s best friend plays for Forest. For that reason, he’ll want to stay in the Midlands.

Having just spent a large amount on a forward for the second time , I don't see Villa in the market for Pereira. I think with better players to bounce off he will be more motivated than trying to carry a struggling team.

28 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

....there is no doubt about this, but Villa means business!!!

They will be stronger next season and we cannot afford to be letting them have a player who would enhance our team no end.

Having had a season in the Premiership he knows what is required to stake a place in the first eleven. We need to commit to this with no half hearted Ghezzal gesture or Diabate (he could come good for us) after thoughts.

Just do not let this guy go!!!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Surely we won’t go another window without addressing our main weakness?!

Personally I think we might end up signing Madueke, but thought Pereira would have been a good buy for us. 

....he would have been the right fit for this club!!!

I hope we are not still trying to get Berardi as it is a futile endeavour, if we were to pick up Madueke, it would be good, but no where near what we would have with Pereira coming in.

Pereira Details:-

Season:

19/20     Goals - 8  Assists -  20 (Championship)

20/21     Goals - 11   Assists - 6  (Premiership) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Daka will play on the right. I think Brendan wants a fluid front 3.

As Ric says this is nonsense - he knows Vardy is coming to the end and Iheanacho is streaky, we had to sign a centre forward. You don't spend £23m on a CF to play him in a different position.

Yes, we signed Pérez as a 'wide forward' but that was an early Rodgers 4-3-3 that was hellbent on high pressing so we wanted to play narrow and squeeze the opposition. We transitioned last season to a side much less reliant on pressing in the final third and instead a team that would drop deep and push the opposition wide, then launch counter-attacks or try and break the opposition down with quick vertical balls - and it was 4-2-3-1. That put Barnes and Albrighton in what I would think were much wider and more natural 'winger' positions more often, hence why he switched Albrighton to the right more often where he played for Villa.

If it continues to be a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3, he needs a proper alternative to Albrighton on that right.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

As Ric says this is nonsense - he knows Vardy is coming to the end and Iheanacho is streaky, we had to sign a centre forward. You don't spend £23m on a CF to play him in a different position.

Yes, we signed Pérez as a 'wide forward' but that was an early Rodgers 4-3-3 that was hellbent on high pressing so we wanted to play narrow and squeeze the opposition. We transitioned last season to a side much less reliant on pressing in the final third and instead a team that would drop deep and push the opposition wide, then launch counter-attacks or try and break the opposition down with quick vertical balls - and it was 4-2-3-1. That put Barnes and Albrighton in what I would think were much wider and more natural 'winger' positions more often, hence why he switched Albrighton to the right more often where he played for Villa.

If it continues to be a 4-2-3-1 rather than a 4-3-3, he needs a proper alternative to Albrighton on that right.

I do wonder whether he is considering a right footed right winger though, we've mot been linked with one yet except for James (arguably a left winger) but it could be he wants one to cut in and the other to be more traditional.

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do wonder whether he is considering a right footed right winger though, we've mot been linked with one yet except for James (arguably a left winger) but it could be he wants one to cut in and the other to be more traditional.

I can see that - we'd then have the option off the bench of having Sowah cutting in on the right or being more traditional on the left.

Any decent right-footed right-wingers on your long list of targets?

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Highly doubt that will happen. If he wanted to sign a striker to play out wide it wouldn't have been Daka.

Not necessarily, he has signed him as Vardys long term successor. But while Vardy is still playing, he may well be squeezed in where we can fit him.