Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Why can't the twat look knackered every time he plays Leicester? Does my head in. All he needs to do is pretend each opponent once booed him because he played on the wing for them on loan and we'd clear up.

Unreal - this is so true 

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Kane isn't tired. He just isn't getting any service. He's probably tired of watching Sterling hold onto the ball too long before running up another defender's backside.

He's struggling to get in the box. He's dropping deep and losing the ball. A few times against Scotland he picked the ball up about 40 yards from goal, turned and tried to run past a defender whilst holding him off, and was easily pushed off the ball. The kind of play he does every week for Spurs. When he is in the box his movement isn't sharp enough to get on the end of anything anyway. The few chances he had, he's been yard or two short of getting there.

Also the service thing is a bollocks excuse, he creates a lot himself when playing for Spurs, he's done nothing in the last 2 for England. And his movement plays as much part in players creating as the players actually sticking the ball in the box. That's not to say the service has been great, but its an easy get out for him.

I agree on Sterling though.

Edited by Facecloth

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Rumoured team for tonight, if true he hasn't learnt his lesson from Scotland 

Aside from my criticism of certain players in general and wanting them dropped, this was the perfect chance to get some minutes into a few players in case they are needed later. DCL, Sancho, Coady, Henderson, Bellingham, even Johnstone the keeper. We're through, winning the group is pretty irrelevant, didn't Portugal scrape through as best 3rd place in 2016?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Facecloth said:

England need a goal, and players and a system that brings out the best in them. Kane looks dead on his feet. This isn't about getting a goal for Kane, it about utilising the squad to give us the best chance of winning games and moving forward through the tournament. Imo, certainly for today, that would be starting a fully fit DCL rather than a Kane that can barely walk. We're not here to stroke Kanes ego. Will we ever learn as a nation that playing barely fit players doesn't work. Rushing Beckham, Rooney, Terry etc back for tournaments rather than accept they aren't fit and start an alternative. As I said earlier we have the ambition of the top teams and the selection attitude of a team like Poland or Wales where we are to scared to dip into the squad. We want tried and tested (and failed) over form. If we ever want to have a chance of actually doing something in these tournaments we need to be braver in our selections at times.

You're right. We never learn from it. I don't know how many times it has to happen before we do.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Aside from my criticism of certain players in general and wanting them dropped, this was the perfect chance to get some minutes into a few players in case they are needed later. DCL, Sancho, Coady, Henderson, Bellingham, even Johnstone the keeper. We're through, winning the group is pretty irrelevant, didn't Portugal scrape through as best 3rd place in 2016?

Exactly. Give some players 45-60 minutes in their legs so when they're undoubtedly needed, they're game ready. 

The 6 players you've mentioned had what 20 minutes between them? Wouldn't be counter productive to give Sancho a half or so on the right, give sterling a bench, Bellingham in along with DCL. 

I doubt Coady or White will step foot on the pitch at any point. 

I know different, but Italy have given minutes to 25 of 26 players in their squad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Exactly. Give some players 45-60 minutes in their legs so when they're undoubtedly needed, they're game ready. 

The 6 players you've mentioned had what 20 minutes between them? Wouldn't be counter productive to give Sancho a half or so on the right, give sterling a bench, Bellingham in along with DCL. 

I doubt Coady or White will step foot on the pitch at any point. 

I know different, but Italy have given minutes to 25 of 26 players in their squad. 

You don't know with Coady though. Maguire might have a reaction to his injury tonight, then all it takes is Stones or Mings picking up a knock and he's called to action.

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

How does your criticism of Southgate (rightly) suddenly equate to us winning 3 naught?

We beat these 5 nil under Southgate in qualifying. It's possible, but thst doesn't detract from his flawed ability to select and coach these players that best suits them.

I think Grealish will light the place up, 2 goals and an assist.

The thing is Gareth would shit himself if he made wholesale changes and we tear it up tonight and hammer them with free flowing attacking football. How could he justify reverting back to type and play boring slow pondurous football whilst bringing back his favourites. Best not allow himself to be put in that situation so stick to what he knows best aka snooze fest.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If it was up to me, I'd go:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Phillips - Bellingham

Sancho - Foden - Saka 

DCL

Screw Grealish. The tiny-socked arm-flailing twat.

Don't agree on Grealish, start him over Saka, but the rest I agree with.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If it was up to me, I'd go:

Pickford

Walker - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Phillips - Bellingham

Sancho - Foden - Saka 

DCL

Screw Grealish. The tiny-socked arm-flailing twat.

Can’t stand Grealish, and haven’t for years, but I’d start him over Saka all day long. 

It's the perfect opportunity to go for an young, exciting and attacking line up. It doesn't matter that much if we don't win, but it matters that we try something different, it's basically the last safe chance to do so. All Southgate's doing is setting himself up for a fall, If he tries something new and it doesn't work, at least he can justify his previous selections and if it does work and brings a bit of excitement, he becomes a national hero.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

We beat these 5 nil under Southgate in qualifying. It's possible, but thst doesn't detract from his flawed ability to select and coach these players that best suits them.

I think Grealish will light the place up, 2 goals and an assist.

And then be dropped when Mount is back.

19 hours ago, MattFox said:

Chilwell and Mount had a 25 minute conversation with Gilmore apparently 

Obviously all the Scottish players eat their meals separately or finish in less than 15 minutes if together. 

Scotland have messed up their “bubble” arrangements, but all hell would be let loose north of the border if the English medical authority enforced the mandatory isolation rules, thereby ending the Scots participation. 

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

So it’s gonna be 

Pickford

James, Maguire, Stones, Shaw

Rice, Philips

Grealish

______, Kane, Sterling 

and the blank could be any of Foden, Saka and Sancho 

A bit harsh on Tyrone Mings, I thought he'd played well !

As to Rice & Phillips starting its typical Southgate to play it safe.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

A bit harsh on Tyrone Mings, I thought he'd played well !

As to Rice & Phillips starting its typical Southgate to play it safe.

I was just about to post something similar about Mings.

Pre-tournament, I thought he was a long way down the pecking order, and always proud to a gaffe, but he's done alright, so far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If I was Sancho, I'd retire from international football until there's a change in management. 

He's been criminally ignored. 

I don't mind today's squad because Grealish starts, but I don't see how Saka gets in ahead of Sancho. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I was just about to post something similar about Mings.

Pre-tournament, I thought he was a long way down the pecking order, and always proud to a gaffe, but he's done alright, so far.

It is harsh - but the fool plays for a midlands team.