Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-squad-given-covid-clear-24365584.amp?espv=1

apparently the reason no Scotland players need to isolate is that they aren’t “close contacts” of Gilmour, only Chilwell and Mount are thanks to 20 mins tunnel conversation... According to Public Health England. 

So reading between the lines, PHE didn’t want to be responsible for Scotland not being able to field a team. 

Can't wait for Henderson, Rice and Phillips all in midfield lol 

Isolation rules are bizarre. They must have spent more time close together after the game then they were allowed too. Are they in strict team bubbles? or do they have days off outside of the camps?

Players training with Gilmour every day don't have to isolate but couple of our players do they because they had a chat after the game :unsure:

There’s no way I’d play Kane tonight

We don’t have to and a few more days good rest would surely benefit him. He looks bolloxed

If Southgate does rely on Kane again it’s just Southgate acting as per

I genuinely might watch the Scotland game. There’s more riding on that one and I suspect the atmos will be far better

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Don't even joke about it, captain cautious will be bang up for this. Don't want too many fancy dan creative players. 

I was only half joking to be honest, It wouldn't surprise me one bit. With Mount out he either plays one his 'wide' midfielders centrally or picks Henderson or Bellingham. 

I would move Foden to the middle, Grealish and Sancho on the wings. But Sterling/Rashford are probably more likely. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Watching him so far surely what he needs more than anything else is a rest? 

Guy looks shattered. 

I hear you, and agree. But me or you aren’t the England manager. Just trying to find a positive :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Don't even joke about it, captain cautious will be bang up for this. Don't want too many fancy dan creative players. 

Guiness World Record for loudest sigh ever recorded, today at 7pm as the entire country of England reacts to the squad announcement as Gareth Southgate "goes for it."

Pickford 

Stones, Mings, Coady 

Trippier, Henderson, Rice, Phillips, Shaw

Kane, Sterling 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Southgate has already said Kane is starting. Might do him good, pressure off and needs a goal. 

England need a goal, and players and a system that brings out the best in them. Kane looks dead on his feet. This isn't about getting a goal for Kane, it about utilising the squad to give us the best chance of winning games and moving forward through the tournament. Imo, certainly for today, that would be starting a fully fit DCL rather than a Kane that can barely walk. We're not here to stroke Kanes ego. Will we ever learn as a nation that playing barely fit players doesn't work. Rushing Beckham, Rooney, Terry etc back for tournaments rather than accept they aren't fit and start an alternative. As I said earlier we have the ambition of the top teams and the selection attitude of a team like Poland or Wales where we are to scared to dip into the squad. We want tried and tested (and failed) over form. If we ever want to have a chance of actually doing something in these tournaments we need to be braver in our selections at times.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2

They now need to isolate up to and including the 28th.

If we win the group Mount and Chilwell will be available for the Ro16 game (although wont have trained), but if we come 2nd or 3rd* then they won't make it as those games are on the 27th/28th (except one potential 3rd place game).

Potentially a bit of added incentive for tonight,

28 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-squad-given-covid-clear-24365584.amp?espv=1

apparently the reason no Scotland players need to isolate is that they aren’t “close contacts” of Gilmour, only Chilwell and Mount are thanks to 20 mins tunnel conversation... According to Public Health England. 

So reading between the lines, PHE didn’t want to be responsible for Scotland not being able to field a team. 

I think it must be a self-reporting thing - ie, the FA told PHE about Mount and Chilwell, which meant that PHE had to issue the standard guidance. By contrast, the Scottish FA insisted that no other Scottish players had been in close contact with Gilmour despite sharing a hotel, bus, changing room etc with him, so PHE said, "Fine - if that's the case, nobody needs to isolate..."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Watching him so far surely what he needs more than anything else is a rest? 

Guy looks shattered. 

Why can't the twat look knackered every time he plays Leicester? Does my head in. All he needs to do is pretend each opponent once booed him because he played on the wing for them on loan and we'd clear up.

• Haha 1